PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou! Terry

pooh
27-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Having just read the email sent out to all moderators by Terry (Fatbloke)I would like to thank him for giving myself and the other members of the club the club we all enjoy. Hopefully somebody will take up the reigns for the future to keep the club going.
All the best Terry and thanks again mate.

Ian

NattyBoy
27-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Yep - good on you tel mate - this club has been the reason for me meeting so many of my current biking mates. Look forward to continuing the track day fun with you though you horrible little man..!!

Zimbo
27-07-2007, 09:12 PM
From me too Terry, understand and respect your reasons for stepping down, thanks for building the club up into the successful creature it is, I'm sure we'll be seeing you aroung (at least, I hope so!!!)

Pedro
27-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Good work fella and understand totally why. As Nat said, met a great deal of good people and had loads of good times. See ya around soon no doubt

Ped

Tigerlily
27-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I just read the email too.

I'm sad but not altogether surprised.

Thanks for all the hard work and time you've devoted to the club over the years.
Like the others have said, I hope we still see you around.

Won't be the same without you.

JMo
27-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I echo the sentiments above of course... but on a pragmatic note, I believe it's important that we hold some kind of (however informal) EGM as soon as possible, and consider nominating a new club president asap.

With my (limited) experiance of organising the Weekender the past couple of years, I can see the problem/s we face when this club is run 'by committee' - sure we need a number of people to help spread the load (and stop the egomanics!) but I do believe we need someone to lead from the front and inspire the rest of us (particularly the moderators) - as Terry has so clearly done over the years x

Ideally we need someone who has broadband access, and can devote a few hours a week to adminstering the site (and approving new members etc.), and is happy to liase with the website hosts etc. Oh and drum up site sponsorship of course, and and and... well, I think you can begin to see why Terry has finally cried "no more!"

Of course there is a flipside as El Presidente - you do get invited to loads of free Ducati do's, and have plenty of opportunity to blag free stuff on our behalf...

As we have not held an AGM for a couple of years now, perhaps now is the time to get together (that is Moderators/Area Reps particularly, plus any other club members who would like to be nominated and/or have anything to offer the meeting) and sort the next phase of the club out?

I would like to suggest somewhere reasonably central (but not bloody Mallory Park!) - ideally with a bar and somewhere quiet to one side to hold the meeting...

Ideas and sugestions here perhaps?

JennyMo

xxx

grunter
27-07-2007, 09:55 PM
club in slough area if thats any good?
bar all sorts could stay over if need to could make a night of it?:drunk:

gary tompkins
27-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Terry

What can I say but....:hail: :hail: :hail:

I still recall the phone conversation I had with you (about 6 years ago?) just after I had just found the 1st UKMOC website. It was you that inspired me as a monster owner to get involved with this club, and it's that same inspiration & enthusiasm for UKMOC and it's members that's kept me involved to this day.

You should be proud of what you have achieved, and I'm sure there are plenty of UKMOCers willing to pitch in & make sure the club continues to thrive. I hope you still keep in touch with the club, and still get along to club events when you can. You have a lot of good friends here who would be very sorry to see you drop off the UKMOC radar.

Take care mate & enjoy a well earned rest :)

Tigerlily
27-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Holding an EGM is a good idea Jenny. I've got no objection to travelling south for a meeting about this, as long as it's at the weekend.

You've briefly touched on what the Presidents role comprises off... Perhaps we should decide in more detail what will be expected and what can delegated to moderators. If people know exactly what the role entails then anyone who wants to put themselves forward for the job will know what they are getting into. Perhaps Terry would give is a list of everything involved if we ask him nicely?

JMo
27-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks Grant - that makes a lot of sense, as a great number of members hail from the home counties, and along the M4 and M1 for easy access etc.

I did initally consider that perhaps the Mini Weekender (in Derbyshire) that Benson is arranging would be a good time to have the meeting? - However, that is more than six weeks away and on balance, it may be better to get this sorted before then?

That way, not only can we announce (and have in attendance perhaps?) the new President, but also I think it is important that Terry is present at the EGM to hand over - both spiritually and physically (all the paperwork!) - so Burnham might be a better idea...

xxx

Tigerlily
27-07-2007, 10:08 PM
club in slough area if thats any good?
bar all sorts could stay over if need to could make a night of it?:drunk:

Your place would get my vote Grunter, it'd mean people not having to rush off to get home or me having to ride for 4 hours to get home in the middle of the night! Most of the reps seem to be in the southern part of the country too.

Jenny, I just read your post... where is Burnham?

barbican
28-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Having just read the email sent out to all moderators by Terry (Fatbloke)I would like to thank him for giving myself and the other members of the club the club we all enjoy. Hopefully somebody will take up the reigns for the future to keep the club going.
All the best Terry and thanks again mate.

Ian

Ditto - Thanks Terry although a relatively newbie I would like to say that I think the site is the best of the three I am involved in (in my limited way - not many posts) - You will be a hard act to follow

NattyBoy
28-07-2007, 06:59 AM
I'm in....sloughs good for me

Headhunter
28-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Don't really know you Terry, but congratulations on creating AND MAINTAINING such a great club! Like many others have met some really great people and had some fun times! Many thanks.

P.S. I've heard Tony Blair is in the market.

benson
28-07-2007, 07:16 AM
So now I understand what the countdown avatar was all about - :dizzy:

I can onnly echo everyone's sentiments Terry - you're a top bloke, a good friend and a fantastic inspiration to many of us. Thank you for all the hard work and the effort that has made this the bike group that if Carlsberg made bike groups.....(you get my drift)

I would be more than happy to attend a meeting anywhere to see this club stay strong and the very special place it is to many here - after about 10 years of biking I bought my first monster and in the 6 or so years since then my biking has become not just "a thing to do" but a total passion and obsession. Thank you again Terry - we will miss you like mad, I may never turn straight :freak: and I hope to see you out and about...

The mini weekender would still be a possibility for the meeting as the place is already booked and could accommodate a lot of people but I understand that 6 weeks is perhaps too long....Just let me know where and when and if I'm not working/away I'll be there...

eonan
28-07-2007, 07:46 AM
I’m so sorry to read this Terry, but wish to add my sincere gratitude to you for what you have done.

This forum has been such an invaluable place for me since finding it almost two years ago. Since then I’ve lost count of the number of times the people I’ve met here (it feels like I’ve met) have inspired me, come to my rescue, or simply made me smile.

Many thanks mate :)
Niall

NEAN&chris
28-07-2007, 08:53 AM
oh, just got to know such a nice guy, I hope we will see you again, that cuddle wasn't long enough. Thankyou for making the club such a friendly place. Your trackday made hubby's dream come true. You are one person that will stay in the hearts of many.

JMo
28-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Jenny, I just read your post... where is Burnham?

Sorry Julie I should have made it clearer - Burnham is near Slough (I'm presuming this is what Grant was suggesting - we've used the pub there before). It's just off J7 on the M4 (which in turn is around 15 minutes from the M25) so I hope would prove relitively easy to get to for those who wish to attend...

xxx

The Kevlar Kid
28-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Terry,

What can I say.....I guess at some point this day had to come, but to many of us you are (and always will be) the UKMOC.

This club has always been a great source of inspiration and advice for me - and best of all has always been kept as a 'free club' (which I know matters a great deal to a lot of us that only pop on here occasionally) and that must have taken some commitment.

I'm sure UKMOC is the reason why some on here have bought a Monster rather than the Jap stuff they were comparing it to, and I know personally it's one of the reasons I've kept mine as long as I have.

Many, many thanks to you (and the others) that started UKMOC - long may it continue.

Oh - and your old M1000 forks have been perfect thanks ;) :mand:

I guess all that is left to say therfore is 'Thanks - you will undoubtedly be missed'

I trust you will still be around.

Tigerlily
28-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Sorry Julie I should have made it clearer - Burnham is near Slough (I'm presuming this is what Grant was suggesting - we've used the pub there before). It's just off J7 on the M4 (which in turn is around 15 minutes from the M25) so I hope would prove relitively easy to get to for those who wish to attend...

xxx

Thanks for explaining Jenny.

It's a bit of a trek but I intend to be there.

JMo
28-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for explaining Jenny.

It's a bit of a trek but I intend to be there.

I know it's a significant journey from the midlands and the north, but I'm sure everyone would apprieciate your effort too x

I am in the middle of packing my house up, and will actually be moving out in the middle of august - and while I'm not going to be around for a while, I too feel it's important to make sure the club continues to go from strength to strength... so if I can be at the meeting too, I will do my damnedest...

So, as a suggestion to get the ball rolling - how about Saturday the 18th August at Grant's pub in Burnham for the EGM?

If people are able to stay over that's great, and to make a weekend of it, it's also Ladies Day at the Ace cafe the following day (Sunday 19th) - and also the Popham megameet I believe (it's feasable to do both - Ace in the morning for brekky, then head down the M3 to Popham for the afternoon x)

Get the hard work out of the way, then we can par-tay?

xxx

Tigerlily
28-07-2007, 03:42 PM
If it's the 18th I'll definately be staying over (if that's ok?) as I get back from my holiday on the same day.
The weekend after would be better for me, but I realise this needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later. (Neither do I expect something like this to arranged around when I'm available)

It would be useful to know who wants to attend and we should ask Terry when he's available if he wants to be there too.

I'll give Terry a call shortly and see what he says.

Tigerlily
28-07-2007, 04:01 PM
I've just spoken with Terry and he won't be attending the meeting.

Looks like we just need to organise a date which suits the majority.

Probably time for a new thread dedicated to the subject?

Pedro
28-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Slough is good for me, but also moving house in the next few weeks so bear with me!

Ped

JMo
28-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Probably time for a new thread dedicated to the subject?

I agree - thank you for taking this on board J xxx

JerryXt
28-07-2007, 07:51 PM
As a new member here I've been impressed with the club and everyone's energy and enthusiasm. I loved the track day an really want to do more and meet more committed people. Clearly Terry has done an excellent job and will leave a great organisation behind him. Thanks Terry.

I was surprised to hear that Terry was going to be held personally liable for any losses arising from the trackday.

Can I suggest that the commitee:

look at providing a structure that will ensure that the next pres is not liable for club debt
define the aims of the club

Again bearing in mind that I'm new here, who is my local rep in London? How does the egm work and who is permitted to attend?

Jerry.

benson
28-07-2007, 08:10 PM
It's me Jerry - Benson, London and Essex...

Tigerlily
28-07-2007, 08:33 PM
look at providing a structure that will ensure that the next pres is not liable for club debt
define the aims of the club
[/LIST]

How does the egm work and who is permitted to attend?

Jerry.

Hi Jerry,

I've started a thread dedicated to this now.

Thanks for the suggestions, these will be taken on board.

I've not attended a club AGM/EGM before so I can't tell you how it's going to work! I'm planning to draw up an agenda which will include suggestion made by members and I'll go from there. It'll be pretty informal though and open to all members. Anyone unable to attend the proposed date can post questions on the other thread and I and other moderators will do our best to answer them.

Didge
28-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks Terry, for the good time's and laughs I've had, because of this club.:thumbsup:

gjfevans
28-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Terry, Thank You.

The hard work and personal commitment we know you put in
The hard work and personal commitment we don't know you put in
For the best club

Cheers:booze:

grunter
29-07-2007, 06:41 AM
i run a football club with own clubhouse(bar etc etc etc )

ducrissi
30-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Although very new to the club and not met up with people yet i would just like to say that this is a great club, and has been a great source of information and inspiration since i got my monster. Judging by the comments much of this is due to Terry so well done - it seems you will be a hard act to follow!

scrumpster
30-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Terry, just got back to Cyber Space after a buzzing few days to hear the news.
You said to me a short while ago that this club was started for friendship and like minded people to communicate with each other. You can see it works, and I hope everybody else does. I now have the best biking buddies ever and they are all over the country giving support and encouragement 100%. So you have truly achieved what you set out to do, and long may it continue :biggrin:
Thanks to you and no doubt we will still be seeing lots of you about - well we best do!! :biggrin:

giler
30-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Terry, just got back to Cyber Space after a buzzing few days to hear the news.
You said to me a short while ago that this club was started for friendship and like minded people to communicate with each other. You can see it works, and I hope everybody else does. I now have the best biking buddies ever and they are all over the country giving support and encouragement 100%. So you have truly achieved what you set out to do, and long may it continue :biggrin:
Thanks to you and no doubt we will still be seeing lots of you about - well we best do!! :biggrin:

Just wanted to echo Sharons sentiments. Went to my first weekender this year and met loads of genuine folk, all helpful and fun without hidden agendas. Thanks for all your hard work Terry, most of it unseen I am sure.
Let's hope the club remains true to your vision.

queen_gpants
30-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear you are stepping down Terry but I understand why you're doing it having run a large motorbike club myself for 3 years, it does take up a lot of your personal time and money.

You've done a fantastic job over the years and brought a huge amount of people together, the forum is great and the weekenders, trackdays etc have been great fun and I hope these things continue for a long time to come.

I hope you're not leaving us completely and are just handing over the reigns to someone else?

Does this mean you're going to have more time for archery now, are you going to come out to play in the woods? :p

Chappers
30-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Big thanks to Terry & co. who set UKMOC up, as if it wasn't for UKMOC I wouldn't have the many biker buddies I have dotted all over the UK right now :thumbsup:

It's a shame really, I just wish Terry could still be President but delegate more jobs out to the moderators/administrators to take the pressure off him :(

Thanks for the indicators at Mallory and sorry I didn't get to see much of you ;)

Speak to you in the week x

Collie_dog
31-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Terry, thanks for making this one of the best biking clubs around! Sadly the US version never really got going...after all it would have been a club of 2!

Thank you for everything...a just for you a little virtual jiggle!

xxx

Didge
31-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Terry, thanks for making this one of the best biking clubs around! Sadly the US version never really got going...after all it would have been a club of 2!

Thank you for everything...a just for you a little virtual jiggle!

xxx

Just think Collie, if not for this club, you'd never have smelt me.:)

benson
31-07-2007, 05:19 PM
And just as I waas starting to feel a bit better.....:eyepopping:

Didge
31-07-2007, 05:37 PM
And just as I waas starting to feel a bit better.....:eyepopping:

Just to remind you, that pain comes in all forms, Ms Whiplash.:)

benson
31-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Yay!!!! Indeed - people pay good money for the strapping down I had from two lovely chaps in unform on Saturday :dizzy: :freak: :dizzy: Hope you're getting out on the buell with this better weather xxx

scrumpster
31-07-2007, 06:22 PM
two lovely chaps in unform

Phwoarrrrr, slobber, slobber ;)

benson
31-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Which brings us back to the two club gurus who did so much to start this fantastic forum - Grunter & Fatbloke!!:woot: