PDA

View Full Version : S4Rs- results of ride height adjustment

Guzzirider
27-07-2007, 03:57 PM
My S4Rs was as standard as a big soft low squashy thing with did not take to the bumps well. Also slightly understeered.

Increasing the preload front and rear to compensate for my 15 stone, dialling in some extra compression on the front, and a bit of rebound on the rear improved things greatly, but the understeer remained.

Thought I'd try experimenting with ride height adjuster on the rear, and got an extra 5mm of height dialled in today- and wow what a difference! Slightly more weight on my wrists, but the bike suddenly feels "right" for the first time, sharper and sticking to its line.

Recommended if you want to sharpen up your S4Rs.

Guy

barbican
27-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Be grateful to know how many clicks you've altered from standard since I am around that weight (ish, well maybe a little more, hmm note to self stop eating the pies)

I've been planning on finding somebody to add a harder spring to the rear shock but should try altering the settings first, except I haven't a clue where to start!

damon
27-07-2007, 05:00 PM
he's right,

i did pretty much exactly the same thing a month back or so with my s2r and it did make the bike alot firmer and feeling more planted round corners, the bad bits are however the weight on the wrists as its definately a stiffer ride (so be careful how you set the damper) and im now finding after a while my wrists dont half ache..................does give you a new reason to flex the throttle a tad though to relieve some aches and stretch the old tendons :)

spose i cant adjust the front in the same way,,,,damn, gonna have to buy a bloody s4rs now arnt i :)