PDA

View Full Version : Ride height adjustment.

tomferreira
26-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Can anyone give me an idiots guide to raising the rear ride height of my 2000 M600? Stock shock.

Thanks.

katana
26-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Is it the one in your avatar?

If so look a the ends of the loop on the swing arm.

tomferreira
26-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Sorry i don't understand?? Like i said "idiots" guide. ;)

Scotty
26-07-2007, 01:41 PM
theres two rose joints thta screw into the hoop o nthe swing arm ,

suspent bike off floor so you can detach rose joints at swing arm
and just wind them out a bit to increace groudn clearance (make sure theres enough thread left in the hoop mind) if your after lots of extra ride height you can get some spacers from somewhere ~:?

NattyBoy
26-07-2007, 02:03 PM
You need a jack up kit bud..see here. It also helps raising the front slightly.

Tell louigi I sent you and youll get a discount..

Nat

NattyBoy
26-07-2007, 02:05 PM
You need a jack up kit bud..see here. It also helps raising the front slightly.

http://louigimoto.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,27/Itemid,1/

Tell louigi I sent you and youll get a discount..

Nat

tomferreira
31-07-2007, 08:12 PM
I've removed the nut from the outside of the rose joint but the bolt won't come out. Is it also threaded through the joint?? Is it locking?? HELP!!

Cheers.

Scotty
31-07-2007, 08:28 PM
yes it just unscrews , you need to unload the suspesion to do it all

GULLY
31-07-2007, 08:28 PM
First, please stop there. Have you put a bottlejack on top of the back wheel to support the weight of the bike? You will have to jack the bike up to take the pressure off of the bolts. If you don't then the bike will collapse and break the chain. I know this from experience as I tried to raise mine.

PM me with your phone number if you need any advice.

Cheers
Gully

tomferreira
31-07-2007, 09:00 PM
I've got the back end supported. I've got the back wheel off for better access but the bolt is ridiculously tight. Why do they put an allan key on something so tight????

Gadget
01-08-2007, 01:10 AM
When 1 of mine sheared the other would only come out with a blow lamp and a hammer.

sbex216
10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I've got the back end supported. I've got the back wheel off for better access but the bolt is ridiculously tight. Why do they put an allan key on something so tight????

You may find that you need to jack it up abit more, i've just done mine and they were pinching abit. I attached a couple of rachet straps to the beams in the garage and lifted it up...Hey presto they popped right out (with alittle tap from a rubber mallet and an allen key):thumbsup: (but the bolts are only threaded at the end, they simply slip through the rose joint)

Was then a case of inserting the jack up kit and knocking back into position. Job was all done in 40 mins...and thats on a 9 year old bike.:spin: