PDA

View Full Version : Trackday things to remember ...

marchesini
26-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Because I am so organised and efficient, I have put together a checklist of things that I like to remember for my trackdays. Bear in mind, I am going in a car with a trailer so please don't try and strap all this onto your bike (except if your name is GT and then I wouldn't be at all surpised if he managed it).

Leathers (the louder the better - more pics from the track photographer)
Boots
Gloves
Back Protector (I have spares if anybody needs one)
Helmet (BSI approved)
Dark Visor (for cool pics and also the sunshine)
Underleathers (to wick away sweat - they really do work)
Knee sliders (non-sparky)

Towel (if it does get warm)
Hat/cap (for the paddock chilling moments)
Sunglasses (to keep hair in place)
Bottled Water
Energy bars
Chairs (collapsible type)
Camera (rarely used)

Bike
Keys for bike and chains (Natty, take note. If you do forget these, remember to take an angle grinder).
Tool kit
Box of bits (random nuts and bolts etc)
Paddock stand
Tyre Warmers
Extension lead
Petrol can
Pressure gauge
Pump
Cable ties
Duck tape (for those moments cable ties won't work)
Ramp (for trailer)
Wipes (baby wet wipes for visor etc)
Jump leads (just in case my battery isn't holding a charge)

Hope this helps someone and see you all on the gloriously sunny Friday. Rock on Mallory...

simon

NBs
26-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Licence...

marchesini
26-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Licence...

Told you I was organised ;) Cheers for that.

banditloon
26-07-2007, 10:45 AM

Being a tog.... A mirrored visor makes for better pictures ;) Ooo those reflections of the kerbing :chuckle:

keabs
26-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Simon, you missed:

Oil catch tray - for when your 748/851 starts seeping...

Even more fuel - for when your run out; again

See you tomorrow :biggrin:

Kato
26-07-2007, 10:53 AM
umbrella, snorkel & fin's

NBs
26-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Being a tog.... A mirrored visor makes for better pictures ;) Ooo those reflections of the kerbing :chuckle:
You're not wrong!
Can be well achieved with a black visor too tho... see the pic you took of me at Brands that's now hanging in Snells - still really chuffed with that one I is :)

marchesini
26-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Simon, you missed:

Oil catch tray - for when your 748/851 starts seeping...

Even more fuel - for when your run out; again

See you tomorrow :biggrin:

Actually, my catch tray does what it supposed to do. I just wish it would stay in the engine....

Oh yes, I forgot about that. Not that cool running out of fuel actually on the track. :fou: Another tip is that if you do bring a petrol can - make sure it's full - of petrol - that helps, much more useful that way.

keabs
26-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Good tips, by the way, Simon.

Banditloon, you mean like this, eh? :spin:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g225/keabs675/druids2.jpg

NattyBoy
26-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Because I am so organised and efficient, I have put together a checklist of things that I like to remember for my trackdays. Bear in mind, I am going in a car with a trailer so please don't try and strap all this onto your bike (except if your name is GT and then I wouldn't be at all surpised if he managed it).

Boots
Gloves
Back Protector (I have spares if anybody needs one)
Helmet (BSI approved)
Underleathers (to wick away sweat - they really do work)
Knee sliders (non-sparky)

Towel (if it does get warm)
Hat/cap (for the paddock chilling moments)
Sunglasses (to keep hair in place)
Bottled Water
Energy bars
Chairs (collapsible type)
Camera (rarely used)

Bike
Keys for bike and chains (Natty, take note. If you do forget these, remember to take an angle grinder).
Tool kit
Box of bits (random nuts and bolts etc)
Paddock stand
Tyre Warmers
Extension lead
Petrol can
Pressure gauge
Pump
Cable ties
Duck tape (for those moments cable ties won't work)
Ramp (for trailer)
Wipes (baby wet wipes for visor etc)
Jump leads (just in case my battery isn't holding a charge)

Hope this helps someone and see you all on the gloriously sunny Friday. Rock on Mallory...

simon

Talent....? Lol !!

NEAN&chris
26-07-2007, 04:38 PM
lol natty. thanks for the list marchesini, i feel confident bringing my deck chair now. didnt realise about the licence

NBs
26-07-2007, 04:41 PM
lol natty. thanks for the list marchesini, i feel confident bringing my deck chair now. didnt realise about the licence

It's something that's often forgotten! (the licence, not the deck chair!)
If you have the 2 part licence (new style) then you gotta take both parts.
...for those that might not've known.

gary tompkins
26-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Boots
Gloves....SNIP>>>simon

You also forgot to mention...

Make sure you check calander & book the right date off work. So you don't have to fly out to a meeting in Helsinki that very same evening? :dunce:

Oh....

and make sure your brand new, self assembly & very expensive trailer doesn't buckle the minute you strap a couple of bikes to it ;)

What are you like?

Laugh? - I nearly shat :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

marchesini
26-07-2007, 08:16 PM
You also forgot to mention...

Make sure you check calander & book the right date off work. So you don't have to fly out to a meeting in Helsinki that very same evening? :dunce:

I am pioneering how not to be organised so that others don't make the same mistakes as me.

And how efficient am I? So efficient that I've just spent the last 120 minutes looking for my wallet containing my cash cards, driving licence and various other important stuff. I definitely had it when I paid for my petrol earlier and specifically remember putting it my rucksack so that I would remember to take it to the trackday .... can I find it now? Can I bugger so I've had to cancel all my cards and hope that they don't ask for my licence tomorrow...

what a twat I am...

anyway, nothing I can do about it now as I am gonna have a blinding day tomorrow....

laters all

simon

Mr Cake
30-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Trackday things to remember ...
...To bring your bike back from wherever you left it, Marchesini ;)

Dave

banditloon
30-07-2007, 08:30 AM
You're not wrong!
Can be well achieved with a black visor too tho... see the pic you took of me at Brands that's now hanging in Snells - still really chuffed with that one I is :)

Must get down to Snells, to see some of my work 'hanging' around ;) :thumbsup: