PDA

View Full Version : 14T front sprocket on a 695

stirrup
25-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Anyone tried this? If so, howd it work out?

Headhunter
25-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I've just had a 14T sprocket put on my 620ie and it's the fookin' nuts.

Especially if you do a lot of either urban or rural roads. Straight line riding is boring as **** anyway but is made even more so as you lose top end speed.

I find the bike is also a lot easier to ride in the lower gears, as it has eliminated the annoying juddering I use to get with the 15T sprocket.

If you're happy to lose top end speed, I would change straight away as the benefits far outway the costs.

JMo
25-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Anyone tried this? If so, howd it work out?

Very well I would imagine! (...and as headhunter as confirmed x)

14/48 (which I imagine is what is on the rear of the 695, it was on the six speed 620's) should provide plenty of get up and go... hell, my bike wont really pull max speed in top gear as it is...

xxx

stirrup
24-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, now changed from the standard 15/42 to Renthal 14/43. Great! Before engine would not sit in 6th happily at anything UK legal. Now will cruise and pull away smoothly in 6th from just over 60. Overall it's been like letting the brakes off. Now smooooth and more urgent in all gears, and I can use them all too! Know there's a lot of you out there who've regeared. I've felt since I got it run in that the 695 is way way overgeared but been reluctant to change from standard. Glad I did now. Miles more useable for my money.