PDA

View Full Version : Top quality twin headlight conversion

JMo
24-07-2007, 07:17 PM
For Sale: Twin headlight conversion to Fit all Monsters (and possibly other bikes using other mounting positions on lamp bracket).

These are a pair of very high quality 'Highway Hawk' chromed cast aluminum lamps with fluted edges, together with their twin lamp mounting bracket - not to be confused with Motrax sh!te or nasty cheap streetfighter stuff you get at the BMF... ahem.

Each bottom mount lamp has a clear 3.5 inch diameter glass lens with 55/60w halogen bulbs plus a side light in each lamp - it is feasable to wire the side lights as indicators (orange bulbs supplied) but they are currently wired as side lights.

Prewired complete with 4 pin connector to directly connect to Monster loom, together with stainless steel cable clips for brake hoses. Also included, all hardware to remount your existing clocks (2000-on) under the top yoke if desired (see pictures), providing a very neat, compact, and unique front end.

Note. this conversion is completely reversable should you desire - the twin lamp mounting bracket simply replaces the original U-bracket and mounts the lamps directly to the lower fork yoke.

They are in excellent/as new condition, having only been used a couple of times on my own bike. The complete kit should retail at £229 (plus the Ducati loom connector and orange bulbs), but I will accept £160 (plus p&p) for a quick sale.

xxx

JMo
04-08-2007, 09:25 PM
OK - I've got my pants down... £120 for the lamps and bracket (plus P&P at cost, or buyer collects from Brighton)

I'm taking a massive loss on these now, but they have to go as I'm moving house and don't have enough boxes to take all these fancy parts with me!

xxx

JMo
06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
SOLD to Chappers (when she gets paid x)

xxx

gary tompkins
07-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Looks like chappers got a steal of a deal there :cool:

But what's happened to the shiney alluminium pants? :biggrin:

JMo
07-08-2007, 08:33 AM
But what's happened to the shiney alluminium pants? :biggrin:

Ho ho - the pants (and the wide-eye bracket) will remain hanging on my wall as the reminder of a (very) expensive folly...

xxx

JerryXt
07-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Ho ho - the pants (and the wide-eye bracket) will remain hanging on my wall as the reminder of a (very) expensive folly...
xxx

There's an interesting story here somewhere...

Chappers
21-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks Jenny - hopefully get them put on her over xmas :mand:

JMo
23-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Jenny - hopefully get them put on her over xmas :mand:

Hee hee - they are so easy to fit I reckon you'll have them on by next weekend... seriously, all you need is a 5mm allen key and a couple of minutes...

Have fun!

xxx

gary tompkins
23-09-2007, 08:57 PM

xxx

Maybe we could convert them into an annual trophy for the weekender? ;)

JMo
23-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Hee hee - I'm liking that idea a lot GT - "the JMo award for the most 'pant's' modification..." especially if I get to cast my critical asthetic eye and nominate?!

I'll get on it and sort a plinth...

xxx