PDA

View Full Version : Bike Grab

Gimley
19-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Well..got my bike grab delivered today.

Comes all fully set up so the only thing you have to do is to adjust the width on the wheel plates and away you go.

Rolled mine in and it really holds the bike up well.
Next job is to put some ground bolts in and i can then use it as a ground anchor as well.

Will be ordering a bike barn soon so once that is here all I will need to do is to wheel the bike onto the grab, pull the barn down and hey ho, clean, dry and relatively secure bike.

Only trouble is I have to squeeze the bike out of the back gate so im having to move and upsize the side gate to my house to accomodate an easy exit and entry to the garden.
Didnt tell the wife this though. Told her it would look better and be more secure getting a new gate and moving it forward about 8 feet ;)

If anyone is getting rid of a Bike Barn or knows someone who is then please let me know as £240 for a tent is a bit steep..

Cheers
Gary

benson
19-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Oooh - no side stand!!! Clever! have you checked good old fleabay???

JerryXt
19-07-2007, 09:33 PM
That looks handy. I'm struggling to get 2 bikes and the car on the drive.

Gimley
19-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Got it from www.on-bike.com

Not exactly cheap but it has a few uses. I got the quick release plate with it so can remove it from the patio if we have a party, can use it on a trailer, handy for when I decide to work on the bike, takes up less room, and having it as a ground anchor all seemed to be worth the £114 I paid.
Must be a pretty good piece of kit as they use it on ferry's.

Checked Fleabay for the Bike Barn but only got the ones from the warehouse on there for £240.

May leave it a bit as hopefully the weather will improve so wont be so important over the summer.

Hopefully a used one will come up soon.
G