PDA

View Full Version : Where in London can I buy valve shims in London

katana
17-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Well I know all the shims I need but where do I buy them from?

Want to buy them today as I want to put the bike back together and get it back on the road.

katana
17-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Why can't I edit tittles?

squiffything
17-07-2007, 10:35 AM
You might be able to get them in London..........;)

Kato
17-07-2007, 12:15 PM
get them from Ray @ rosso corse

katana
17-07-2007, 01:29 PM
get them from Ray @ rosso corse

Given him money once and got a rubbish job done and was told it'll be alright wasn't and had to get someone else to do it and will never go there again.

Someone delete this thread as i've just order the shim kit from the states.

jerry
17-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I got an EMS 4v shim kit and its great , I buy 2 valve shims from Alfs

katana
17-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Where abouts are you in Brighton?

Can we work out a 4v swapping system?

velocity raptor
17-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Where abouts are you in Brighton?

Can we work out a 4v swapping system?
ring ducati manchester ask for kev and i can post the ones you need out

Kato
17-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Given him money once and got a rubbish job done and was told it'll be alright wasn't and had to get someone else to do it and will never go there again.
Someone delete this thread as i've just order the shim kit from the states.

Your not asking them to do any work just to sell you shims, I know these guy's well and I'm guessing that given a chance they would have sorted out any problem you had with there work if you weren't such an arsey TWAT :flamed: lose the atitude and you might get some service.

katana
17-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Your not asking them to do any work just to sell you shims, I know these guy's well and I'm guessing that given a chance they would have sorted out any problem you had with there work if you weren't such an arsey TWAT :flamed: lose the atitude and you might get some service.

Well, they removed the old cush drives and installed six new cush drives Supplied by me) in monster rear wheel and they got a couple too far in. When I collected the wheel i pointed it out and they said it would be fine. I said I rather it be installed as ducati specified it ( I'd checked with a tame dealer but he could fit it in as his dealership was busy and miles from where i lived. They said no as removing them will damage them so I would have to pay or supply new one. So what would you do? Is it being arsey to get good service and do something quite simple that I was too busy to as i was preping the bike to go to germany and back three days later.

Oh and why do they charge more for parts than ducati dealers do?

But hey maybe I ask too much to get a simple job done correctly. Or is that being an arsey twat now?

jerry
18-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Katana , my 4v shim kit is in Thailand , sorry mate.

Chaos Inc.
18-07-2007, 04:10 PM
If you know which shims you want, you can get them from me. Give me a call on 0207 8332515.

Be advised, am am going away for 11 days from friday as we have a major competitive battle in Danmark.

Regards
Alex

Sorry, just saw you already ordered them.

Chaos Inc.
18-07-2007, 04:18 PM
...if you weren't such an arsey TWAT :flamed: lose the atitude and you might get some service.

Perhaps it is best not to call people names because you disagree. To be fair, all workshops have people who like them and people who don't. If someone feels differently, he/she has a right to state it so that others may be informed. Just because it seems different to what most have to say, doesn't mean it is incorrect or justifies abuse.

katana
18-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Hello Chaos,

I called the daytona kings cross branch and, you chaps were the most helpful, but I was told you don't sell them from Kings cross just from hillingdon.

But thanks for the offer.