PDA

View Full Version : painting and polishing wheels???

markus
16-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm toying with the idea on having the spokes and inner 'rim' of my wheels painted or powder coated in an anthricite grey and then have the outer rims polished - does anyone know if it's possible to polish my marchesini's (s2r ones)

Also does anyone know where could perform this task to a really good standard around milton keynes/beds/bucks area?

Thanks All

Chappers
16-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Pristine Wheels in Woburn Sands did all my Subaru wheels - give them a buzz.

markus
16-07-2007, 10:22 AM
cheers Hayles, but they can't help - anyone with any other ideas?

Thumper
23-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Theres a guy over Flitwick way thats apparently really good. I'll get the number for you tomorrow as I want my entire bike and wheels painted. My neighbour had his Fazer 1000 body and wheels done by him and theyre really good.

markus
24-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Theres a guy over Flitwick way thats apparently really good. I'll get the number for you tomorrow as I want my entire bike and wheels painted. My neighbour had his Fazer 1000 body and wheels done by him and theyre really good.
Cheers Thumper

Shauns4
24-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm toying with the idea on having the spokes and inner 'rim' of my wheels painted or powder coated in an anthricite grey and then have the outer rims polished - does anyone know if it's possible to polish my marchesini's (s2r ones)

Also does anyone know where could perform this task to a really good standard around milton keynes/beds/bucks area?

Thanks All

My wheels are as you say, the grey is originalwith the just the rims polished.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=14908

If you scroll down the thread you will see some pics.

Shaun

Thumper
25-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi Markus,

The painter I spoke to isnt sure on polishing mag wheels so hes going to find out for definate from Ducati.

Heres the prices:

Powder Coating: £80 per wheel
Painting: £40 per wheel

Obviously thats for the just straight painting the wheel and no polishing.

Give him a call to discuss your needs further. He's based in Ampthill and he will be painting my M600 including the wheels soon.

His names Shaun, and hes on 07707 323939, Addy: Unit 5, Vass Industrial Estate, Station Road, Ampthill

Webbie: http://www.coloursbodyshop.co.uk

:D

markus
25-07-2007, 08:37 AM
My wheels are as you say, the grey is originalwith the just the rims polished.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=14908

If you scroll down the thread you will see some pics.

Shaun

Thanks - your wheels look really good!

Give him a call to discuss your needs further. He's based in Ampthill and he will be painting my M600 including the wheels soon.

Thanks Thumper - do you still want your seat doing? if so call me on 07905911890 at some point and I'll get it sorted.

Thumper
25-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Yep I want the Ducatis seat done now instead of the Zed.

I'll call ya when my credit card stops threatening to commit suicide :mand: