PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous 600 Monster for sale

shenton
15-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I bought this bike new from P & H in Crawley in 1998 it was supplied in this colour scheme as part of a promotion that Moto Cinelli who were the main Ducati importer at that time were running. It's a very striking looking bike with some nice touches such as the fact that the word "Monster" is red on the green side and green on the red side. I have only seen two others in these colours and they were both 900s so this may be the only Tri Colour 600 around.

If you are looking for a 600 of this vintage you’ll have a job finding a cleaner bike. It has covered 5,600 mainly dry miles and is in excellent condition. Mods are fairly subtle, Ferracci billet mirrors, carbon fibre “Tea Tray” and side panels. It has had some mild tuning, dynojet kit, free flowing air filter and Ferracci Stainless Steel Silencers. Starts and runs really well, sounds wonderful but needs the standard cans (I’m including these in the sale of the bike) for MOT time. Good service history with all the recent stuff including belts being done by Pro Twins at Godstone. New tyres 400 miles ago, good chain & sprockets, new battery spring 2006. I’m just about to get it MOT tested again so it will have an MOT that runs to the end of July 2008, Tax expires end of March 2008.

Why am I selling it ? a young family and stupidly hectic job means that I just don’t have time to ride it anymore, I’ll be sad to see it go but also find it sad to see it sitting around in my garage not being ridden.

I would really like to sell this to someone in the club as it would ease my conscience a bit to know that it had passed to the hands of an enthusiast rather that just putting it straight on eBay. I’m looking for a minimum of £1,600 for it, best offer over that get’s it. I’m in East Grinstead, West Sussex, if you want to come and have a look PM me.

Russ

scrapps
15-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I am not in the market for a new bike but anybody who is should be very intrested it looks fab,and very clean.:thumbsup: hope you sell it soon and it stays in the club.. (you must be very sad about letting it go)

halroach345
17-07-2007, 07:07 AM
can you send more photos to russell.williams@trw.com please

Woodpecker
17-07-2007, 04:36 PM
have you managed to get rid of this lovely machine yet?

shenton
17-07-2007, 09:47 PM
"Halroach345" I've sent you six high res pictures of the bike, apologies if you're on dial up and I've just cost you a fortune.

"Woodpecker", the bike's not sold yet, let me know if you want to see better pictures or ask any questions.

Russ

SazzaG
17-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Sad to see you're selling your lovely bike Russ.

Let us know when you return to the ways of the monster!

shenton
22-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Natty Boy popped round, looked over and bought my Tri Colour 600 this morning. I'm glad that it has gone to someone on the forum and particularly pleased that it's someone with such a well known reputation for pampering his bikes.

I will sleep well knowing that it's in safe hands. Enjoy it Nat !

Russ Shenton

NattyBoy
23-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Thanks Russ !

Wow - what a bike ! More minty than an extra strong on steroids. Seriously clean and well looked after and a credit to you Russ...mind you it should be clean - its got less miles on it than my 3 year old S4R !!

Pics dont do it justice the paints lovely with a gold metallic fleck.

To be honest the thought of such an unusual, original bike going on ebay, having its arse chopped off and smothered in pro bolt horrified me - so i've done the decent thing and bought it back to mighty metropolis to rest where it will serve as my local run around - and possibly learner bike for 'er indoors in the future.

Took it out yesterday (the sun came out - whats all that about ??!!) and memories of my old 600 came flooding back - such a hoot !

My R1 owning neighbour came across and took it out round the back roads - he was gone 30 minutes !! His thoughts ?

"I never realised 70mph could be so much fun". Hes now looking for a project bike !!!

Next jobs - ive got a nice subtle selection of ducati performance billet parts (strange that !!!), i'll fit the braided front brake line that Russ gave me, and I will need to get the ride height sorted with some of Louigis ride height adjusters..

Cheers
Nat