PDA

View Full Version : Bike Barn

Gimley
14-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Just wondered if anyone has or knows anyone who is selling a Bike Barn.
http://www.thebikebarn.net/standardmodel.html

Just got outbid by £2 on ebay and it was only down the road :hissy:

Really just want something that I can wheel the bike into, pop it into its bike grab, when I get it, and pull the cover down. So any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Dont have room or money for one of those metal sheds.

Cheers
Gary

David Matthews
14-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Have you thought about making a wooden shed. We exended an existing one, it's easy to build sections with 2x2 framework and shiplap cladding. You can make it to exactly the size you need and the materials are cheap.

Gimley
14-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks David
Unfortunately the bike will be stored on our patio so a shed would be out of the question, both from a space point of view and a wife point of view :chuckle:

I would like something that can be taken down fairly easily if we have a bbq or similar so something like the bike barn would be ideal but Im not keen on spending £240 on, basically, a tent for my bike.

It seems they do loads in the good ole USofA but very few over here. That also goes for bike stands as well. (think Bike stand is the right term, something to wheel the bike into and keep it upright)

Maybe I should contact some dealers in the states to see how much it would be to ship something over. Maybe even start a little side business while im at it :rolleyes:

Cheers

Jim66a
14-07-2007, 02:36 PM
How about just a good quality cover for the bike, I use an oxford cover from Hien Gerike £15.00 When I'm at the Gf's. Keeps the elements off and packs away small. Just remember to shake the drips off..

Gimley
14-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Ive got a cover at the moment but would like something I can just wheel or ride my baby into, lock her up, and maybe even wash and polish it in, even when raining.

Ive just seen the Bike Hut, http://www.protech-shelters.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=PS%2D162%2D300 , but this isnt exactly a nice looking shelter and doesnt look like it can be taken down in a hurry. Might also have a problem securing it to the crazy paving, but, its an option at £150.

Gary