PDA

View Full Version : Monster or similar project....

dunlop0_1
13-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I am after a project bike. Monster or ss, but needs to be a dog or neglected/stored bike so the price is cheap.

Thanks.

giler
13-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I am after a project bike. Monster or ss, but needs to be a dog or neglected/stored bike so the price is cheap.

Thanks.
There is a 600SS with a buy it now of £925 on fleabay?

Nickj
13-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Got a 600 SS complete with a shot engine but intact everthing else and nothing bent. New clutch plates set with about 500 miles use before demise. A cambelt snap which is very rare on the 600's so rear pot is a bit buggered, we have a seriously bent valve and mangled piston. However I do also have a spare engine 'on the bench' ready to slot in. I was going to swap then strip the old engine for parts or rebuild for resale if it wasn't too bad below the piston. The spare motor should just need the alternator and associated gubbins swapped over and casing fitted to be a runner.
No MOT or tax, SORN.
It's also get new (200 milesish) tyres I think it's BT02's, might be pirelli's I'd have to look (saves £100+), a pair of spare red package belts (peanuts) and a set of cush rubbers and sprocket carrier bearings, K&N filter and a cut and standard air box lid. Open to negotiation on this but I need to cover the spare engine cost plus a bit for the rest of the bike so over £350 and less than £500. Got my heart set on some hi level Sils for my IE and my available spare time has recently shrunk.

Also got a 400 bandit, all working and running with some mot and tax. Again BT02's that still have got the moulding 'hairs' on most of the tyres surfaces. Little dent in tank and tank lock buggered but opens OK, the steering lock doesn't but the ignition switch is good. Oddly for a 400 its a UK model, single disk and MPH speedo, as far as I know it's the full power version. Sod all below 7000 rpm then kicks in like a 2-stroke and buzzes up to 12000 in all gears. Could do with the carbs stripped and cleaned out to get a smooth tickover and one of the front fork seals replaced. Fun buzzy motor.
Reliable?, went from here to Portsmouth for a do one friday night 2 months ago, hit a ferry the next morning and got to a mates party in Deventer (Holland) for a saturday night party. Happy steady 80+ as much as possible. Dragged myself back to ferry and back home for sunday. Sheesh sore ass and blinding headache but still both able to scoot to work monday morning for a snooze LOL
Again funds wanted to put into the IE

dunlop0_1
14-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Intrested, I have sent you a PM

Yorkie
15-07-2007, 10:19 AM
If dunlop, doesnt buy then please give me a shout!

Cheers

Yorkie.