PDA

View Full Version : New To DD

Stuart42
12-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi All

I'm hoping to compete in DD next year after the race commitee allowed me to join in the fun.

As such I'm hoping to use a Monster but wanted to know if a 620 engine will slide gracefully into a M750 frame.

Now I know it's a completely different engine and I seem to remember that the tank is different too, but what else would need changing, if it's possible?

Thanks for your help and am hoping to pop down to Castle Coombe tos say Hi

Cheers
Stuart

Chappers
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear you're gonna be joining in the DD fun, make sure you come and see myself, Zimbo, Gilps, Slob, Harriebird etc at Castle Coombe in a couple of weeks :bunny:

Gilps
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi All

I'm hoping to compete in DD next year after the race commitee allowed me to join in the fun.

As such I'm hoping to use a Monster but wanted to know if a 620 engine will slide gracefully into a M750 frame.

Now I know it's a completely different engine and I seem to remember that the tank is different too, but what else would need changing, if it's possible?

Thanks for your help and am hoping to pop down to Castle Coombe tos say Hi

Cheers
Stuart
You wanna be joining the class B guys, that's what you wanna be doin. Class A (the Gucci class) is no fun. It's all testosterone, elbows, egos, and people who know how to ride fast. Come and join the fun in Class B. We have the better crashes anyway.
Seriously though, make sure you stick your head in the DOH (said in a Homer Simpson voice) race tent. You will be made to feel welcome and we can answer your questions (whilst persuading you to enter class B).
There are a couple of spare bikes knocking around too if you fancy blagging a ride. Just need to get your ACU license. V easy.

Gilps
12-07-2007, 04:30 PM
...oh and I'm dragging the DD bike along to the Malory track day to get in a couple of sessions at the end of the day, so if you fancy having a go on a 583 SS then let me know. That's if you are doing Mallory of course.

Stuart42
12-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi all

I shall do my best to come and say hi at Castle Coombe on the Saturday, what a welcoming bunch you are.

Unfortunately I've got to be in Class A as I hold a National Licence albeit one that hasn't been used for a while.

Looking forward more and more to getting back into racing.

Cheers
Stuart:on:

Gilps
12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi all

I shall do my best to come and say hi at Castle Coombe on the Saturday, what a welcoming bunch you are.

Unfortunately I've got to be in Class A as I hold a National Licence albeit one that hasn't been used for a while.

Looking forward more and more to getting back into racing.

Cheers
Stuart:on:

National Licence eh!! Too quick for me. You'll have a ball in class A. There's some quick guys in there but you'll have fun I'm sure. Just try not to beat Domski please. That's my bike he's riding.;)

Chappers
12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Just try not to beat Domski please. That's my bike he's riding.;)

There's no chance of anyone beating Domski...flipping brakes don't work!? :on: :chuckle:

Gilps
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
There's no chance of anyone beating Domski...flipping brakes don't work!? :on: :chuckle:

That was a deliberate ploy to speed him up a bit.

Chappers
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
That was a deliberate ploy to speed him up a bit.

I seeeeeeeeeeeeee...a bit like the 'Harry put special tyres on' for Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder - LIAR! :rolleyes: :chuckle:

Stuart42
12-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Domski?

I've raced him since he was a boy.

And still haven't beaten him so think your bike is safe.

Cheers
Stuart

rattler
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Stuart
Welcome to DD - AFAIK, usinig a 750 frame is against the rules (or at least it was), but others have done this and sought permission from the Race Committee to do this. I know that Paul Payne has done this though and raced the bike - I'm sure he got clearance though.

It might be different no and allowed straight in, but forewarned is forearmed etc,etc......................

Try contacting Paul on the DSC site - "Paynep"... and ask him.

Good luck
Tim

Stuart42
12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi Tim

thanks for that.

Didn't realise 750 frames weren't allowed so thats saved me loads.

Just thought it may have been a way of saving some dosh.

You realise I'll be asking loads of these type questions?

Thanks for your help

Cheers
Stuart