PDA

View Full Version : Help/Advice please!

Chappers
12-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I have just purchased a Monnie but it's now at the opposite end of the country to the last one I bought....it's in Truro (Cornwall) :rolleyes:

Is there anybody who lives near there who is possibly coming to the Trackday at Mallory (27th July) or coming to the Desmodue Races at Castle Coombe (28/29th July) that has the facility to put in a van or on a trailor by any chance? :worried:

If not, ideas and options please from peeps as there's a lot of distance between Manchester and Cornwall.

I'm not too desperate to get it to Manchester right now but to Cambridge really and then I can sort from Cambridge to Manchester no probs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/options! :spin:

Lost Again
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Train down, ride back?

JerryXt
12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
:thumbsup:

Well done! It's good to see you happy again! I saw that one posted and thought it looked like an excellent bike - I'm glad it's gone to a good home.

Chappers
12-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Train down, ride back?

After my recent experience with trains to Scotland and attempting to ride a bike back I really don't fancy it.

I wanna pick it up and book it straight in at Ducati Manchester to get it all checked over really before I do any major riding on it.

I did think I could book a week off work, train/plain down, ride to visit SJR999R (Simon) in Exeter, then across to Bournemouth to stop at me Nan's for a day or 2, then up to my brothers in Milton Keynes for a day, then across to mum's in Huntingdon for a day or 2, then up a bit to visit Red (Charlene) and Bladerunner (John) and then finally home to Stockport :yoparty: ...but I don't think I can be bothered :o :scratch:

squiffything
12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh I see you'd come all the way to cambridgeshire and not bother to look me up and help me with my problem bike then well how very dare you humph

;)

katana
12-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Buy a bike trailer or buy one colser.

Problem solved.

Chappers
12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh I see you'd come all the way to cambridgeshire and not bother to look me up and help me with my problem bike then well how very dare you humph
;)

Didn't realise you weren't that far from mum's...I'd pop and see you for a cuppa, look at your bike making out I know what I'm doing and then I'd go home to Stockport :yoparty:

Chappers
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Buy a bike trailer or buy one colser.

Problem solved.

I've been offered to use Bladerunners trailer but my car doesn't have a towbar :hissy:

Sooooooooo, possibly hiring a van maybe :scratch:

sadbiker
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Report a container ship has grounded nearby and cadge a lift with the convoy from Liverpool.

sadbiker
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
It might be good to work out the cheapest train or coach down for a 1 way ticket. If you plan it right you could get a really cheap ticket. Then you can travel fairly relaxed down and take a bimble back.

It just a long way down.

Chappers
12-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Right...

Train to stepdads, he blags van from work, we then drive down to Truro, collect bike, drive back to Cambridgeshire, I then dump it on Bladerunner (John) who gives it the once over, I then either leave it there for minor servicing or ride it back to Manchester :bunny:

Guzzirider
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Congrats on the new baby- hope this one is less troublesome!

I used Neil Haslam a couple of years ago to move a bike down to Hampshire- think he charged just over a £100- may be a bit pricier now but if you add up train / petrol / hassle may still be easier.

He wont do it straight away- normally waits until he has a couple of jobs in that part of the country.

Nice bloke- I'd use him again.

http://www.neilhaslam.iofm.net/

Guy

Chappers
12-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats on the new baby- hope this one is less troublesome!

I used Neil Haslam a couple of years ago to move a bike down to Hampshire- think he charged just over a £100- may be a bit pricier now but if you add up train / petrol / hassle may still be easier.

He wont do it straight away- normally waits until he has a couple of jobs in that part of the country.

Nice bloke- I'd use him again.

http://www.neilhaslam.iofm.net/

Guy

Thanks for that Guy, I'll give him a buzz tomorrow :thumbsup:

bad-yeti
12-07-2007, 11:20 PM
What's going on here Chappers, you've gone from an S2R to a Yellow Monster and now to a red one?!?! I'm so very confused.

benson
13-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Probably - it must match either new shoes or a new bag !!!

Chappers
13-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Decided I didn't like yellow ;)

stuartg
13-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Can you not fly from Manchester to Newquay £57, bargain

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Newquay/Manchester/

Be lucky

Chappers
13-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Can you not fly from Manchester to Newquay £57, bargain

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Newquay/Manchester/

Be lucky

I looked at that, then hiring a van (one-way) at £150 plus the diesel.

Stepdad is sorting it now :bunny: