PDA

View Full Version : omg...

JerryXt
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Man, I just had termis fitted. What a difference. The bike rides so much better at lower revs and is much more flexible. It makes the bike much more rideable around town. Previously, the throttle had to be opened up to avoid stalling or losing revs when pulling away, but now, it's just like it should be.

From 3k, it just pulls until 6, when it picks up and launches down the road. Only downside is the noise. PVT didn't have any baffles, so it's a bit cheeky, not quite as bad as my XT, but still plenty noisy.

The whole bike looks better too - no nasty udder - and it feels lighter and more balanced. I can believe that Ducati designed the bike with this system and only put the standard system on for EUrine regs.

BTW, this is the full system. PVT had a customer who was trading in so I had the system with ECU - the previous mechanic hadn't coded it to the bike - off the bike for less than the cost of slip-ons. They told me the system had done 500 miles. Talk about good service - I'd been in once to have the first service done and was asking if they could fit termis when they asked if I was interested in these pipes instead. Saved a bundle.

Clearly there are more cost-effective ways of getting this kind of performance. I was lucky in finding this for the money.

Off to a dyno next. Recommendations in London?

Headhunter
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Only downside is the noise.

Rubbish! Get some ear plugs and basque in the glory that is a powerful Ducati with open Termi's!!!!

One of the best sounds in the world. Hope you have fun and if you haven't already got an open air filter and box - get one! Even more noise and fun.