PDA

View Full Version : Hassel gear changes

crazyhorse
01-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Here ya go...
I have an 94 M600 and it has been hella hard to find neutral since i bought it, but today i had to go to help a mate and hopped on me ol DUC and found i cant get her out of first!
Seems real stiff, and no matter what i do the gears just won't oblige...i was out on her last night for about 20 miles with no prob's...though when i was putting it back in the garage today she also started idling high. Not at all sure whats going on here folks...so i thought i'd use the other four letter word-"HELP! HELP!!" SOMEONE CALL A DOCTOR!
Czyhrse...

Scotty
01-07-2007, 09:07 PM
clean the moveing linkage bits
check the bolts are all home and not catching the engine case
do right foot exercises untill you have an ankel like a elephant

crazyhorse
02-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Right...i shall get the casing off and have meself a looksee...
cheers scotty

Scotty
02-07-2007, 07:40 AM
check the 'outside' bits first like, they are a tad more suseptable to road dirt/corrosion

S4 MAD
02-07-2007, 02:43 PM
my better half has same problem with her x reg 600 sometimes not a prob but if youre filtering a lot and the clutch is being used alot it seems at times you have to fight to find neutral , i did all the checks above bleed clutch etc ,etc
but just seems a thing some of the earlier monsters seem to suffer with. :dizzy:

psychlist
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds a bit simple I know, but have you checked your chain's not too tight?
The extra pull on the gearbox output shaft from a very tight chain can make it nigh on impossible to get nuetral with the engine running :toilet:

crazyhorse
03-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Nope, the chain seems to be fine...its really weird just cant get out of first. Been over the linkage and can't find any faults. There is no bother from neutral down to first, it's refusing shifting up...
"Those damn leprechauns!!!"