PDA

View Full Version : Oakdene Sun 1st July

MilesB
27-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Just the usual reminder, as it came up in another thread.

I assume some will be Paintballing,
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=23065
whilst the disolving amongst us will be staying in bed to avoid the rain.
Rumour has it that NTB is off to France with Yerbs and RichardS :eek:
Me - I'll be there showing off my new toy :biggrin: :bunny:

If you're a newbie, the regulars (aka 'The Usual Suspects') from UKMOC Kent start appearing from 10am onwards, so don't get disheartend too early. The Oakdene Cafe is here:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=23065
We usually try to park the Monsters RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR, and if we're inside, someone usually will be wearing a Ducati or Monster or UKMOC T-shirt.

I'll be going for a ride afterwards (whatever the weather) as my bike needs to be run in...

See you there

Miles

scrapps
27-06-2007, 03:52 PM
If it not pi55ing down with rain i will be there 10/10:15 ish:mand:

J.P
27-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Sorry, a no can do for me this month.

Gadget
27-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Depends on how heavy the rain is. :moto:
Light rain or drizzle not a problem. :rolleyes:
But persistent downpour, not likely. :cens:

giler
27-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Unfortunatley my canoe is in the garage!

slob
27-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I might take a gentle pootle out of the smoke if the weather ain't too biblical.

STU65
27-06-2007, 06:11 PM
If its not precipitating to heavily and I get the MOT on Saturday. I hope to get over for breakie and a chin wag.

House move all completed so I hope to get a day pass for good behaviour.

slob
27-06-2007, 06:38 PM
If its not precipitating to heavily and I get the MOT on Saturday. I hope to get over for breakie and a chin wag.

House move all completed so I hope to get a day pass for good behaviour.

Fingers crossed then, it's been a while Stu.

gary tompkins
27-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I'll be paintballing and possibly getting rained on as well, but at least I won't be getting rained on riding the trike yet again. Poxy f:cens:ing weather - got soaked at work today too - not happy :nash:

MilesB
28-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Weather forcast for the Sunday is still a moving target - seems to change every time I check it. I honestly think no-one has a clue at the moment :dizzy: , except for "Sunshine and showers" or "Changable" :grump: ...
At last, a proper English Summer like we use to get :biggrin:

Miles

Albie
28-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Well we cannot go as were still be moving in. We have too much to do floor laying and wardrobe building to take time off alas but it would have been nice.

hope to be out the next weekend tho:thumbsup:

GULLY
28-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi guys
sorry no can do working sat and sun
see you all soon.
gully

MilesB
29-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Well the forcast has finally settled down... looks like its canoe weather today (Friday) and Saturday, but may only need the water wings on Sunday :nash: :cry:

This is a real pain as I pick up my new toy on Saturday...

I shaln't be suprised if I'm the only one there - and I may end up parking the bike on the tarmac on the other side of the road, as the thought of the Oakdene carpark after all this rain :on:

Be carefull out their folks

Miles

MilesB
30-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Will it please STOP RAINING :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

scrapps
01-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Yo miles got your new toy yet... managed to get out on it in the dry yet..:banghead:
it must stop raining soon i am getting webb feet i have got wet so often.:cry:
i may brave the cafe if others are going but is a long trek in the wet from here:mad:

STU65
01-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I hope some of you got out between the rain. Sorry I didn't get over the MOT was great until the MOT Chap tried the brake pedal / rear brake light.
The brake light would n't go out the switch was permanently on.

So this morning job was to fit a one switch. Hope to see you next month. What was good was the chap gave me the MOT based on trust. A fine gent.

TTFN.

MilesB
02-07-2007, 07:55 AM
So this morning job was to fit a one switch. Hope to see you next month. What was good was the chap gave me the MOT based on trust. A fine gent.
A lucky find there Stu

It wasn't actually that bad on Sunday. I left the Cafe at about 11:30ish, and blasted around Kent getting to know the new steed, not going anywhere in particular, and avoiding the rainclouds - rode lots of wet roads, but only got caught by a few light showers.

New bike is a HOOT :thumbsup: :bunny: :woot:

See you all next week

Miles