PDA

View Full Version : 695 Lowest price?

Gimley
24-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I have been looking round for a Monster but dont have the cash to go for what I really wanted so was wondering what the best price you guys have seen for a 695.
Going to go down this route as a lot of places are doing deposit with 0% over 2 or 3 years.
Would dearly love to go for Banshee's s2r as it looks superb but, alas, I cant push the cash to that price.

I live in Surrey so the closer the dealer the better although a nice ride home when I go to pick it up wouldnt be a problem. :mand:

I have seen them at £4995 at several places but if this is the lowest advertised price what do you recon the chances are of haggling them down..?

Cheers

Gary (hopefully soon to be a Monster owner :woot: )

JMo
24-06-2007, 06:22 PM
If you are planning on taking up their 0% finance deal, then I doubt you get much (if anything at all) off the RRP as that's the only way they'll make any money (I imagine there is little kick back from the finance companies in 0% deals), but you might wangle a free first service or something like that to ensure your business?

You could try and pitch one dealer against another (but make sure any offer you quote is legitimate, as they do tend to check up with each other) and buying towards the end of the month is a good time as they may be in line for a dealership bonus for registrations...

Protwins (Godstone) and P&H (Crawley) are near enough to you, or Snells in Alton.

xxx

Gimley
24-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Just been on the P&H webbie and they are also doing the S2R on 0% finance over 2 years..means i'll have to find another £40 per month.

Apart from the styling are their any benefits of getting the s2r over the 695..think the stats said there is only about 4 bhp more on the 800..

the 695 seat height is lower as well which is good for me. think its about 30mm difference although I know you can get a lower seat...

Oh..decisions decisions decisions...please help :mand:

What i need is positives and negatives for each to help me with my decision.

(Obviously going to go sit on them both to see if one fits better)

Cheers
Gary

Zimbo
24-06-2007, 08:10 PM
The figures are deceptive, on paper it says 4bhp difference, in reality the 800 is much more punchy and has far better torque.

scrumpster
24-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I got a S2R from Ducati Aylesbury £999 down then £138 a month over 3 years interest free, so if you see a deal like that on line I'm sure another dealer would match it. Downside of mine is it's an 06 model and Snells had an 07 model for same price last weekend oh and it's had a couple of problems, latest being it needs a new petrol tank - I'd say shop around, I didn't!!!:cool:

JMo
25-06-2007, 07:51 AM
As Zimbo says, the bhp difference is not that important, but the way it delivers the power is, the 800 will feel more 'chunky' and torquey...

The basic differences are the rear (single side) swing arm and high level pipes on the S2R - makes the bike look more 'fancy', but some people prefer the traditional styling of the earlier Monsters and 695. You also get a fly screen and seat cowl on the S2R (extra on the 695), plus Fatbar handlebars and five spoke wheels. Brakes and suspension are the same on both bikes.

You also get a different paint job, although this year they are similar to the 695 in that I believe the only S2R's available now are the all black (with black frame) or the red with white stripe (and red frame) - which looks very smart.

As you say, the best thing is to go along and sit on both (P&H have both in stock) and let them convince you the extra £40 is worth it x

xxx

Seb_uk
25-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Don't forget to bear in mind the difference in insurance premiums, as I believe the S2R is a couple of groups higher.

As far as the performance goes, I haven't ridden the S2, but the 695 is definately no slouch. Not that I'm boasting (well, perhaps a little...! :) ), but my 695 saw off a Porsche 911 at the traffic lights the other day (I'm still grinning! :mand: ), which surprised me a little, but goes to show the 695 can hold it's own for the most part.

J.P
25-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Just checked with P & H and they are still offering 0% finance on the S2 and now the S4R too.
That's music to my ears because I'm after the S4R !

Gimley
25-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks all..

Just been to Pro Twin and P&H. Looks like im gonna go for the 695 after all..
Insurance has played a part and thinking of the riding im gonna be doing there is no point me going for the 800 (yet :mand: )

Just need to see what the best deal is I can get. P&H are doing 2k down with £124 over 24 months 0%. Pro Twin will charge a bit for interest but throw in first service.

If I can get P&H to do a little seat sculpting for me included in the price it will swing it their way, but, whichever way I go I should be the owner of a sparkly new Black and Red 695 very shortly.

Now, how do I tell the wife :on:

Gary

J.P
25-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Could save you a load of dosh by buying a slightly used one ? Mine.
In the potentially for sale section. Still got 15 months on the warranty.

David Matthews
25-06-2007, 02:44 PM
If they're keen to do a deal it might be worth mentioning a fly screen. Our local Ducati dealers were going to throw one in when a friend was asking about a 695.

Nim
25-06-2007, 02:50 PM
good move. 695 i great and a nicer ride than the S2 .....im near epson, gimme a shout when youve got it and we can get a few of us out for a spin. we can all race off the lights and see whose 695 is fastest (is it the bike, or the rider?!?)

Seb_uk
25-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Think it's definately the rider (I'd lose then! :) ) Still getting used to the high biting point on the clutch and chugging away in first gear! Next time I'm thinking of getting the revs up to about 3k and dumping the clutch to try and perfect my launch technique (not in the wet though!). Just hope the bike doesn't launch me......!

J.P
25-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Beware small girls with tatoo's !

Nim
25-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Who?? Me?? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about :) hehe

i know what you mean about the biting point on the clutch. Best bet is to throw yourself over the tank (not literally) so you don't let the bike ride off leaving you behind.

Gimley
25-06-2007, 03:34 PM
JP would be interested in yours but have to go for the 0% finance option as cash is needed elsewhere.

As for racing off the lights...im up for it..
back brake
clutch bite
revs 2-3k
dump clutch
roll off throttle and watch you disappear into the distance as I will still be running it in :biggrin:

Does anyone know if residual values are affected by the colour of bike... ie. most people expect Duc's to be Red so would getting a Black/Red one be a proplem if I decide to sell??

Gary

Nim
25-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Black / red is the best looking 695 without a doubt, you'll never have a problem selling it.

Right. The race is on. Do i get a head start cos im a girl???

J.P
25-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Well I might be able to offer you 0% interest. All I'd need is a signed contract in your blood. Rights to you wife/Girl friend/home/car & bike !

Gimley
25-06-2007, 03:46 PM
LoL jp...having to give my wife most of my blood for getting this in the first place;)

Nim, depends what size you are...if your a petit type of female then definitely no head starts as you'd be lighter and so quicker out of the blocks :biggrin:

As for any other size, I wont say anything in case I get a slap when I meet some of you :rolleyes:

Nim
25-06-2007, 03:55 PM
dammit. yes, im reasonably small and weight 7 and a half stone, so i guess no head start for me :)

tell you what. you get the head start cos you're riding in your bike (when you get it). We can try and get a few other brands of bikes and some ferraris to do away with too. Might as well make it fun!

scrumpster
25-06-2007, 04:35 PM
After owning the 600 and getting the s2r, the s2r wins hands down and the slipper clutch is fantastic :yoparty:

Gimley
26-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Well
Brand new 695 ordered from P&H.
Picking it up week Friday so hopefully meet some of you real soon. :woot:

Gary

edit:- whats the running in regime for the 695?

David Matthews
26-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Well

Gary

Congratulations, it's a good feeling when you finally make a decision and go for it.

I bought mine in April and I'm poor but very happy!

JMo
26-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Well

Gary

edit:- whats the running in regime for the 695?

Well done that fella!

Check out the Surrey and Sussex events sections on the forum for details of meets and rideouts - infact you'll be getting your bike just in time for the Camber Sands run on Sunday 8th July if you fancy that... hope to see you soon!

xxx

ps. I'm sure they'll tell you what they recommend at P&H, but the normal running in proceedure is to keep it under 5000rpm for the first 600 miles, then raise it 1000rpm each further 100miles until 1000 miles, when it's wey hey hey! Don't worry about joining in Camber run with only a couple of hundred miles, we take it pretty easy on group rides, and there is plenty of pep up to 5000rpm anyway - that's the beauty of a V-twin engine...

pps. If you are planing on doing those first miles quite quickly, it's probably a good idea to book a date for your first service in asap, as they do get busy in the summer...

JMo
04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Well
Picking it up week Friday so hopefully meet some of you real soon.

Only two days to go fella...

Let's hope the weather cheers up for you by then!

btw. I'm sure the first thing you'll want to do is get some fruity sounding (and looking) exhausts for the beast... I just happen to know where there is a pair of brand new carbon Termignoni's just waiting for your bike... at a bargin £300 (rrp £520).

xxx

Gimley
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
And where would that be JMo :rolleyes:

Just seen the weather forecast and it looks like Friday may be dry... :woot:

So hopefully be able to get a few miles under my belt before the crap weather starts again..

Not going to be too worried about mods yet but will be looking for Tank Protector and a tank or tail bag to keep my chain in.

G

J.P
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
J "The Saleswoman" Mo.

P & H are also doing a 50% off the profit margin if you buy any accessories for the bike. So if their profit margin is 30%, you get 15% off. Seems good.

Gimley
04-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah...could be dangerous once I get the nice new catalogue though..

Will have to limit myself to essentials initially then go for the fancy stuff :thumbsup: