PDA

View Full Version : HELP! raining and i gotta get home. thing wont start

adds666
22-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Right heres a video i made yesterday. it shows what the bike was doing this morning. Basically the alarm gets deactivated turn the key nothing. turn to off nothing, on nothing etc etc goes on for about a minute and a half then it turn on. lights sweep of revs speed etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErafGb_kCgo

Now i do it. about 5 - 10 minutes go and it dont turn on. 15 mins and its turned on but it wont start. sounds like its turning bike over but doesnt fire. its chucking it down. im doing this on my mobile. e-mailing the vid to youtube etc and is gona cost me a bomb. so wen n e one knows how to get me home. pleasee reply!!

thanks

Adam

Scotty
22-06-2007, 03:32 PM
could be a few things
the u-tube video is next to usless
i know nothing of alarms if your sure thats not the problem
it could be a loose connection / flaw in the wireing

does it operate properly if you turn the bars to the right ?

the kill switch is in the correct position ?

if the motors turning over the HT leads arn't wet through are they ? so as to prevent a spark

bod
22-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Replace the two small balck relays under the seat ignition and fuel pump relays.
When the fault is apparent tap the relays if the lights come on you have found your problem.

adds666
22-06-2007, 09:11 PM
i think it might have been water in somewhere. will check the relays though. r they the first to go?

sorry about the useless video . got home now and it is crap quality and only a quater of the movie. lol

Cheers guys

Adam

Jim66a
23-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Like Bod says, It sounds like your relays, Since my troubles with them I keep a couple under the seat.

adds666
23-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Wheres the best place to get em?? expensive?? easy to replace?

We r talking about the 2 small black boxes next to the battery??

lol mechanical novice, and yes i know electrical engineer but only in my first year :( lol

scrumpster
23-06-2007, 11:24 AM
My ignition relay was a small yellow box in like a thick rubber band to keep it in place under the seat, hope that helps. Not expensive and always handy to keep a spare! Mind you mine was a 600 so 620 may be different!

Jim66a
23-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Hi, I get my relays from Partic motor spares. They have a diode fitted across the switch in them to stop it from burning and creating either a poor contact or welding itself togeather. I'll update this with the part number when I have had chance to go down the workshop. I think theyr around £3.00 each or £6.00 each from Ducati dealers.

Heres a pic of where they live:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/jim66a/Ducrelays.jpg

Hope this helps

Jim

adds666
23-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Brilliant thank jim,

know the exact ones. will pop to my nearest ducati guys to get a couple. u carry some with you under your seat? do they go often.

Jim66a
23-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I have only changed one pair in 9000 miles, But when they did 'go' I had to limp home in half mile stages for 20 miles as it even started cutting out whilst riding. So as they are pretty small and a very common problem on all injected Ducatis, I've got a couple in bubble wrap under the seat. You can sometimes get going by just swapping the relays over so I suppose having a them with me is belt 'n' braces.