PDA

View Full Version : Random Chat...

Blah blah
20-06-2007, 09:43 PM
So, another day gone, and another 5 minute job on the bike takes an hour. You would think that a Ducati Performance CF tea tray would bolt straight on, but no, it fouled the seat, so... out with the hacksaw (have you ever tried to cut carbon fibre ?? it takes fuggin ages), bit of filing, bit more filing, and a bit more, then put it all back together again.
Job done.
I then spent the next 10-15 minutes just stood in the garage looking at my bike...
In all my years of motorcycle riding (passed my test in '86) never has a bike had such an effect on me in the couple of hundred miles I've done since owning it. I've owned / ridden a number of things in my past, including a 100mph classic racing 50cc minarelli, a hard tail chop I built myself, and various Jap 4's, but nothing has got under my skin like this 10 year old Monster has. If there weren't 2 cars in the way, I would have grabbed my lid and gone out there and then.
Yes, I know, it has been (is?) a pain in the 4rse (choke cable), worrying (swarf in the oil, oil light flashing when I give it a bit too much stick), and will no doubt continue to be so (another oil and filter change coming up), but I don't care. When I ride the thing, the noise, the way it corners and pulls like a train, it just... it just... dunno, lost for words. Nothing else matters, just gotta keep chasing that vanishing point around every corner, onto the next one.
Then I visit this place, and see like minded people enjoying their bikes, talking about 'em, sharing experiences and humour. I gotta admit some of the projects being undertaken are flippin amazing, so please keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to all of us who don't have the ability / technical knowledge / guts to strip a bike to bits and start again.
Not quite sure if this thread had a subject, I think it may have when I started, but it has probably got a bit lost during my second Budweiser, and now that one's empty as well, ho hum.
Ride safe, have fun.
Ducati Monsters, don't you just luv 'em ???

ps If any one's planning to go to Tern Hill tomorrow evening, let us know, and I'll meet you up there

Scotty
20-06-2007, 09:52 PM
well next time you al know what your doing, and it will only take 5 mins

banditloon
20-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Damn fudging Monsters.. They do that, they do! :D My old Blandit, 8 years service, 77,000 miles, not much money spent on her and she still runs (well would if I didn't strip all the wiring out!).

My 14 year old Monster, £1300 spent so far and even though that is nearly the amount I bought the bike for, I still enjoy riding the old Nessie. Oil change to do on Friday night! Let see what I can do wrong then!! :D

well next time you al know what your doing, and it will only take 5 mins

:chuckle: