PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8th July - Sussex go to Camber Sands

SazzaG
16-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi All,

The plan for July's monthly meet is to pop down to Camber Sands for ice cream, and to meet up with the Kenties.

I will post meet points and times closer to the date - so get it in your diaries!

Hope to see a few out.

Saz

SazzaG
30-06-2007, 09:08 PM
OK, I've booked the sun for next Sunday - should be a scorcher!

The first meet point will be outside P&H in Crawley. Once I've sorted out the times, I'll post up the details.

Kenties need to make sure they don't accidentally join the Tour de France...

Anyone up for this?

SazzaG
03-07-2007, 08:58 AM
OK, we have a plan.

Meet outside P&H in Crawley about 9.30ish, for a 10.00 departure.

We'll head down towards Camber via Heathfield and Battle, and hopefully pick up the Kenties in Rye. There's a car park on the harbour front, where the A259 goes round the top of the river (by the junction with the A268) so anyone who wants to join us down there, we should arrive 11.30-12ish.

We'll then all head en mass to the car park on the seafront in Camber - as you come into Camber with the sea on your right, there's a right turning (Old Lydd Road) that takes you down to the carpark and beach).

JMo
03-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a bloody good plan to me... and what excellent route-planning skills you have attained!

See you at P&H then...

xxx

SazzaG
03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a bloody good plan to me... and what excellent route-planning skills you have attained!

It's a gift.

MilesB
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
...and hopefully pick up the Kenties in Rye. There's a car park on the harbour front, where the A259 goes round the top of the river (by the junction with the A268) so anyone who wants to join us down there, we should arrive 11.30-12ish.
I know it well - it's called Rye Strand - with the Strand Cafe and the 'Kettle of Fish' (chippy) on the other side of the road.

If you've not been there in a while they've tweaked the entrance again - still possible to get in, but a bit more care is needed now.

See you there.
Miles

SazzaG
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks Miles. I have to admit that I've never been there! It chosen by a combination of Jen's encyclopaedic knowledge of roads, and Google maps!

MilesB
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks Miles. I have to admit that I've never been there! It chosen by a combination of Jen's encyclopaedic knowledge of roads, and Google maps!
Sazza

It's easy to find - just look for all the bikes!

Miles

Gimley
03-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Isnt it The Tour de France taking place in Kent this weekend. Think ive seen signs up saying that there will be delays on a lot of roads in the area.

Maybe those of you going can get yourselves on telly :mand:

Gary

scrapps
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I am going to meet at rye.. look for lord vader (a monster from the dark side) it will be parked at said location. i may be scoffing cream tea near by :D

SazzaG
06-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Just a little reminder about this meet.

The sun will be sunny, and the ice creams will be creamy.

Oh, and the Hypermotard will be completely bonkers...

Gadget
06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
I should be okay for this.
Bloody French cyclists are going past the end of my road so will have to see if I can get out the other end of the road.:thumbsdown:
I just hope that B,std, Ken Livingstone, doesn't expect the tax payer to pick up the bill for this.
London is all but shut down and I can't go to work on my bike tomorrow because Westminster and 1/2 the Westend has being pedestrianised.:nash: :nash:

S4 MAD
07-07-2007, 12:43 PM
hopefully will meet you at p&h on carols bike little buttercup as im out of tax on s4 at mo. anyway hopefully see you all their if im aloud to use her bike!!!;)

Didge
07-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Can't go I'm afraid, as bike is temp off the road, and also, I might well be riding the scoot over to the Ardingly Vintage & Classic Vehicle Show tomorrow.
Oi loves ol' traction engines, me.:)

Chaos
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
would love to go to the seaside but.......i don't know the way to camber from sittingbourne...cept thru' tenterton...which will be closed due to the tour de france....grrrrrrrrr :nash: ho hum a pootle around somewhere more local i fear

SazzaG
08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Phew, what a long day!

Me and Rog got to P&H early, soon to be joined by Shaun (spm23), Didge (on Ingrid), and JMo.

A quick emergency sandwich and cookies from subway, and we were off (about 30 minutes late - oops!). We waved goodbye to Didge at Ardingly, as he wanted to go and look at some old traction engines... We had a great run down to Rye, including a bit of semi-offroading, due to closed roads. Rog didn't seem to mind.

Finally arrived at Rye, and met up with Miles, Scrapps, Manda and a couple of others (sorry, don't know your names!). Jen had a rubbish hot chocolate (0/10), and Shaun had a very tasty cream tea!

A quick hoon down the road, and we were in Camber, where we all tucked in to chips, burgers, and fab lollies.

After saying our goodbyes to the Kenties, we made our way north, and Jen tried to convince a policeman in Tenterden to let us join the Tour de France. Sadly he said no, so we retraced our steps back to Rye along some fab roads, and wound our ways home.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Great weather, great company, and some amazing hooning roads. We must do it again!

redheinz57
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
i was there, sorry i had to leave early to do family thing in afternoon, will try to do more meets thou enjoyed the ride.:thumbsup:

scrapps
08-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Cheers to all for a great day. good weather great roads:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Had a good run home see you all again soon.

JMo
09-07-2007, 09:50 AM
We had a great run down to Rye, including a bit of semi-offroading, due to closed roads. Rog didn't seem to mind.

Hee hee - it's only 'off road' if the grass and gravel extends the whole way across the lane... x

After saying our goodbyes to the Kenties, we made our way north, and Jen tried to convince a policeman in Tenterden to let us join the Tour de France. Sadly he said no, so we retraced our steps back to Rye along some fab roads, and wound our ways home.

He did make me laugh - he said "Sorry, you'll have to go back down the road (A2080 - belter!) to Appledore, then take the Military road to Rye - you'll enjoy that..." (and we did!) "You'll be ok - all the Plod (his words!) are up here!" he grinned... Priceless!

xxx

SazzaG
09-07-2007, 09:57 AM
He did make me laugh - he said "Sorry, you'll have to go back down the road (A2080 - belter!) to Appledore, then take the Military road to Rye - you'll enjoy that..." (and we did!) "You'll be ok - all the Plod (his words!) are up here!" he grinned... Priceless!

And he was so right! Damn fabulous roads - 1/2 mile of straight, then a little right/left wiggle, repeated about 4 times. Rog said that he wished he wasn't running in on that road!

I did actually think to myself at the time that if the police sat on that road, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Shame we haven't got time to go back there tonight - Rog needs to do another 300 miles before Wednesday. I'm sure he'll manage it though! I feel a trip towards South Harting coming on (again).

PS. That wind twirly thing I bought for 99p was rubbish. It flew off after only half a mile on the bike - shoddy workmanship.

Manda
09-07-2007, 11:15 AM
It was a really nice ride, cant wait to go and try out those roads again, no doubt there will be plod on them hiding in the bushes. Shame gadget couldnt make it as i needed a babywipe to clean my visor :freak:

nik_the_brief
09-07-2007, 11:31 AM
And he was so right! Damn fabulous roads - 1/2 mile of straight, then a little right/left wiggle, repeated about 4 times. Rog said that he wished he wasn't running in on that road!

I did actually think to myself at the time that if the police sat on that road, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

They often do. Glad y'all had a good time in my back garden. Sorry I couldn't make it. Made the unwise decision to take the kids to watch the Tour De France instead.

MilesB
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM

A favourite run of mine :mand: :mand: :mand:
And as pointed out, the police do like to lurk half way along with a speed gun, so 'Keep em peeled' ;)

I had a great run home, playing catch up with scrapps - him on my old Monster, me running in and restricted to 5000rpm.

New bike is FUN FUN FUN :chuckle:

Miles