PDA

View Full Version : Farmyard Rally

madhatter
14-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to say that Rebel and I are riding up from Bedfordshire this Friday, to North Yorkshire for the "MAG Farmyard Rally", at Helmsley. It looks like being a bit of a wet ride up, but hopefully we'll soon dry out on the outside, once we have plenty of beer on the inside and have been leaping about like loons in the Rave-Tent for an hour or so. :yoparty: :yoparty:

Saturday, we normally stagger down to the Village for several more beers, I'll keep my eyes open for any Monsters that rumble up to the market square.:thumbsup:

Scotty
14-06-2007, 08:33 PM
wasnt katana asking about atendies for this ?

umm tis only down the road
but i am terably antisocial :(

gjfevans
14-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Bring a snorkle and flippers:chuckle:

madhatter
15-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Bring a snorkle and flippers:chuckle:

Had some mates from that area telephoe us saying not to bother going up now Friday night as there are floods from the midlands all the way up into Yorkshire with more rain forecast tonight!:cry: Remember this was the bike rally, which two years ago got washed out when the river flooded down into the village around 4 foot deep! :eek:

If it stays this way, I won't be going full-stop...and I've got two £25 tickets sat on the table. :mad: :mad:

CK & AK
15-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Take a boat?

Seriously - just been checkng the weather warnings for the region - and it looks plain nasty, with some folks already flooded out - with more rain to come! :eek:

C

STIVH
15-06-2007, 10:52 PM
HOT WET NEWS FROM THE SITE - (WEB SITE!!!)

"LATEST NEWS

15/06/07 - 09:00hrs
Yes its raining! The Faryard IS NOT cancelled though. Get yoruself here, you wont disolve! Do not attempt to come in car as you will be turned away. Pedestrians likewise. If you cant ride in the rain wait til later.

Bring ya good boots, ya waterproofs and ya sence of humour. The ground is high so is draining well and the forecast says it will fair up mid afternoon and for the rest of the weekend. We have plenty of marquee cover. For travel info check AA roadwatch or similar, I have no traffice info."

Wonder what It'll be like Saturday at 9am as it's its still peeing down around here?

Yorkie
16-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Just been watching loads of bikes going up Sutton bank, infact they have been rumbling past my house all night! I was going to go up myself but i have another drama whith the Monster!

The weather around Thirsk is improving it hasnt rained for about three hours and is drying fast!

Yorkie.

madhatter
17-06-2007, 12:13 PM
HOT WET NEWS FROM THE SITE - (WEB SITE!!!)
"Yes its raining....The Faryard IS NOT cancelled though....Get yoruself here, you wont disolve.....the ground is high so is draining well...."

Wonder what It'll be like Saturday at 9am as it's its still peeing down around here?

Pretty brave talk, considering that they got flooded out two years ago, losing tents, stands, merchandise, bikes etc in a torent of muddy water when the river flooded. My bike club made a donation to the calls for help on their website, as it was a pretty bad disaster and people lost a lot of money, but it could have been a catastrophy if it happened 6 hours earlier with the rally asleep in their tents! I'm just very surprised that they appear to be treating peoples safety concerns with such contempt this year, just because they are now camping atop a hill! What happens when it floods around the area and you have to ride down from the hill?? Despite the cost of the wasted tickets, I said "sod-it" as my safety, rebels safety and our bikes are worth more than two wasted tickets!

Sorry, I don't normally come on here and rant.

Yorkie
17-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Some of the bikes passing through Thirsk today were pretty muddy! However its been nice to see loads of them passing through!!

Yorkie.