PDA

View Full Version : Camber Sands - 8th July

Lady-Bob
13-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Sadly a lot of us can't make Milesb's BBQ on 7th July.

SazzaG is planning on riding to Camber Sands on Sunday 8th July.

Anyone interested in joining her?

Please sign up below and we'll sort out routes and pik-ups nearer the date.

1. Ladybob

J.P
13-06-2007, 01:54 PM
It's great to be getting into summer time with lots of rideouts going on almost every weekend, big and small. Unfortunately I can't make the July dates because of holidays but looking forward to Brighton on the 23rd June all being well.

nik_the_brief
13-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Oooh I'll probably come out to play - won't be too long though as Mrs. Brief is off for a fortnight only a couple of days later and I'll have only just returned from a jaunt of my own.

But since Camber is virtually on my doorstep...

nik_the_brief
13-06-2007, 02:42 PM
1. Ladybob
2. Nik the Brief (probably - almost certainly in fact)

MilesB
15-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Sadly a lot of us can't make Milesb's BBQ on 7th July.
:cry: :cry:

SazzaG is planning on riding to Camber Sands on Sunday 8th July.
:thumbsup:

Routefinding may be 'interesting' as the 8th is the day that the 'Tour de France' rides through Kent, resulting in closed roads between Maidstone, Tonbridge, Cranbrook and Ashford, so we may have to be either quite devious (or quite boring and stick to dual carriageways) to meet up with Sazza.

1. Ladybob
3. MilesB

Lady-Bob
15-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh bugger! :hissy:

Does Sazza know about this??

SazzaG
15-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Er, no!

Let me do some investigating..

scrapps
15-06-2007, 09:42 AM
I may be able to make it now i have a permanent play pass again ??

MilesB
15-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Er, no!

Let me do some investigating..

Sazza

It shouldn't affect you guys if you are coming along the coast from Sussex, but it may affect those of us heading south from Kent.

Full details here
http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/sports/tour-de-france/road-closures.htm
and links...

Miles

Humbucker
16-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Count me in :)

J.P
17-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I was out on a training day yesterday all over Kent and there are loads of roads going to be close but also lots of the villages along the route too.

Lady-Bob
18-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I may be able to make it now i have a permanent play pass again ??

Does this mean that New Bird is no longer around??:worried:

Lady-Bob
18-06-2007, 10:20 AM
1. Ladybob
3. MilesB
4. Scrapps (probably)
5. Humbucker

scrapps
18-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes Bob new Bird is sadly now ex Bird :worried: so it will be off to brighton to eat donuts and cheer myself up..:)

alan c
18-06-2007, 01:10 PM
sorry away for weekend , enjoy camber sands.:cry:

SazzaG
30-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Just a reminder for everyone.

I'll post up meet points and times in the next few days.

Sun, sea and ice creams. Yum!

SazzaG
03-07-2007, 08:11 AM
OK Kenties,

The plan is to meet you guys at the harbour in Rye around 11.30 ish (where the A259 meets the A268). We'll then all ride into Camber together.

You'd better check out the Tour de France route, as most of you will have to cross it at some point. Hopefully though you'll be early enough not to get caught up.

See you all there!

MilesB
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
OK folks, this is going to be interesting.

If your coming from Orpington direction, I suggest you follow the A21 down past Tunbridge and Pembury, at which point you can just keep going by whatever route you like - I'd recommend the A268 via Hawkhurst and Northiam - it goes all the way to Rye.

If in East Kent, we can get past the route by using the M20 and the A2070 to Hamstreet and Romney Marsh... I'll be going East. If anyone wants to join me let me know, and we'll arrange meet points.

Miles

scrapps
03-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi all as you know le tour de frog is going to be a pain for me to get round.:banghead: so i will prob leave early and make my own way down to rye, and meet with you there.:thumbsup:

gary tompkins
03-07-2007, 11:04 PM
The cyclists are due to clear the route by mid-day, but local police say they will struggle to re-open a lot of the closures before mid-afternoon. The route cuts right through the centre of Dartford, and the closures start at 7am - even though they won't arrive in the town until about 10am.

This stuffs anybody wanting to cross or navigate roads near the route for most of the day. If you guys choose a route through Kent carefully you may get lucky but it doesn't look promising.

TBH I'll only consider venturing out if it refrains from p*ssing down yet again. So at the moment it's odds on to be no-show from me :rolleyes:

MilesB
04-07-2007, 08:10 AM
This stuffs anybody wanting to cross or navigate roads near the route for most of the day. If you guys choose a route through Kent carefully you may get lucky but it doesn't look promising.

TBH I'll only consider venturing out if it refrains from p*ssing down yet again. So at the moment it's odds on to be no-show from me :rolleyes:
Gary

I suspect you are south of the route through Dartford, so just get on the M25/A21 (the well known 'Road to Hell') and you shouldn't have any problems.
Weather forecast for Sunday is looking OK too (at the moment).

Unfortunately, there is no way the trike will fit into the bike park at Rye Strand - not without loosing a wheel or two anyway :eek:

I know what you mean about the rain - I got soaked TWICE last weekend... once picking up my new bike, and again collecting Susan's from its MOT. It's a good thing I've got loads of spare biking gear.

Miles

scrapps
07-07-2007, 06:01 PM
So who is up for the run to camber then, the weather looks ok.
I am heading for rye and going to meet with peeps there...(plus if i get there early i can scoff a cream tea). :mand:

Gadget
07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
I am going to head straight for P&H in Crawley, unless anyone else in the west of the county is pootling down to the seaside.

If not, I will see you when I arrive. :thumbsup:

GULLY
07-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys
Hope you all have fun at camber sands,sorry but i can not play family weekend.
have fun.
Gully

nik_the_brief
07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Like Gully I too am having a family day tomorrow so I'm ducking out.

The missus is off to the USA and the Caribbean on Tuesday and I've only recently returned from Monstering in France so Camber is out this time round.

Have fun y'all - catch ya again some other time.

gary tompkins
07-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I know weather looks ok but I'll pass on run - too knackered TBH

Had a hell of a week including 9 hrs again today :(

Maybe next time?

Gadget
08-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Won't be going anywhere today.
I don't feel too good.