PDA

View Full Version : Suffolk - monster-free zone?

Pixx
12-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Surely I can't be the only Monster rider in the county? Do I really have to go to Norfolk to meet others? :cry:

David Matthews
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi, welcome to the club, there are quite a few areas that seem to be devoid of Monsters, I think I have spotted three in my area since the winter.

It's worth travelling a bit to the various meets, I made a 200 mile round trip to the Sussex meet on Sunday and it was very enjoyable. A good ride up, they took us on a really nice route through the Sussex countryside and got to see some stunning bikes.

slob
12-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Surely I can't be the only Monster rider in the county? Do I really have to go to Norfolk to meet others? :cry:

There're half a dozen active members of theclub in Suffolk.

Paranoid Dave, PuddingHead, SquiffyThing, NeilP etc. etc.

squiffything
13-06-2007, 08:33 AM
OOOO I'm not sure that NeilP is very active he's extreamly old don't ya know and needs assistance these days to get his leg over erm the saddle of his bike that is.......

Pixx there are a few of us and who know maybe a few lurkers out there aswell.

Pixx
13-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm glad there are others out there, even if very, very old... I'm prepared to travel & have ridden a bit in Sussex lately myself. How do you find out about rides together?
Thank you for the welcome: it's all a bit daunting for a newby.:confused: :confused:

J.P
13-06-2007, 02:54 PM
No need to be too daunted. I was in the same position as yourself last year but have met many nice people though the site.
As far as when rides are going on, you've seen lots of posts already about regular meets around the place and keep an eye on the weather. There's a large pick up in the number of posts about radom rides the nearer we get to a sunny weekend & you'll have no problem finding people to ride with I'm sure.

neilp
13-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey, i'm not too old to get active every now and again.

My bikes just come back from Carl Harrison and its perfect again. Just cant wait for Mallory now.

Paranoid Dave
13-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Oooh a newbie, Hi there, don't be scared, we won't hurt you.

I'm officially the suffolk rep so i do very little in the way of organising anything :D as we don't have a monthly or weekly type meet, we just post up on here, who's going out, when or where. If there's an even on or a place to go. Maybe we should find a cafe one weekend type thing....
Ive been around here for years but Pudding Head (my good lady Shirley) has only recently been initiated to the world of bikes and monsters. For initiation I mean a ride home from stratford on avon in the wet, happens to us all at sometime.
Norfolk is a scary place, full of in breeding and poo, but Nonnie and emily's driver are great and along with slob (and thuli) and benson in london we form the mighty force known as team crumble, wherever there is danger, whenever people get flustered, team crumble will take care of it, so long as there is custard! :D

So lets organise a cafe or pub once more in weeks to come, arrange a time and we'll meet up.
Hurrah!

PD

Paranoid Dave
13-06-2007, 04:13 PM
ooh and a teacher, we know one of them and she's absolutely barking mad!

benson
13-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Team Crumble rock...

Yeah...

Welcome newbie - don't be afraid, just be prepared to have custard with your pudding.

What say we all go to Brighton for the do-nut run on the 23rd??? Yes I know it's a long way but hell - there's do-nuts to be eaten...

If not shall we do something on he 24th after the GP cos let's face it I can't afford to go watch it so anyone want to come here and watch it and then go for a ride somewhere???

neilbaldry
14-06-2007, 11:16 AM
if anyones been to Lowestoft recently, you mightve seen a new(ish - i say ish as id not been to lowestoft for a while before seeing it) bike shop called London Road something-or-other. they have what looks like a cafe aread at the back, and it looks like it could be (ive not been there) a mini Ace Cafe. i think i heard a telly in the cafe area too. oh and a lady who works there has a black/tangerene S2R 800 aswel. might be worth a meet sometime?

Pixx
14-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Thank you for your welcoming comments, though I'm not sure about crumble (especially with custard). If the Brighton run's on the 23rd June, I can't do it as Dixie (the Monster I haven't written off) will be desperate for the first service butwon't get it till the 28th. But it would be good to be able to put some faces to the nicknames.

Paranoid Dave
14-06-2007, 06:44 PM
in the next few weeks or weekends i will be mainly at work, busy, at work or busy :( I can't go the the GP and i'm struggling to even get WSB weekend off. Pixx, its also going to be a bit of a tough time right now as Nonnie (one of the webbed feet brigade north of ipswich) is getting married in a few weeks time and so some plans are already afoot.

As for no crumble and custard! are you mad??? I hope so as you'll fit right in, would a dollop of cream or a trickle of tip top be better suited.

benson
14-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Oooh Iced Magic - does anyone remember that stuff - different flavours chocolate in general and it used to set after a minute or so - always used to hassle my parents but never got it..A bit like Skalextric - I'm still hankering after the motorbike set that they've got in Hein Gericke down the road!!!

Pixx - watch the events list and hope to catch up with you soon!

Pixx
14-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I hope to see a lot of you when I break up for my summer hols. What's the wedding thing about? Do you mean the whole of the east coast is invited?
Do you all go to the Ace Cafe? I've never been, don't know how to find it, but would love to go...
Hoping it stops raining soon.:bunny:

Pixx
14-06-2007, 08:25 PM
ooh and a teacher, we know one of them and she's absolutely barking mad! I have to say that it is absolutely imperative that one is totally insane if one wishes to teach 14 to 18 year-olds in this country: hence the Monster, for R&R.

benson
14-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey Pixx - summer hols??? Oh the days of youth! Meanwhile the Ace is on the north circular - crap ride in but a mighty fine breakfast! The wedding is society dahling - watch out for the pics in Grazia, Chat, Hello and Norfolk mountaineering monthly...

Paranoid Dave
16-06-2007, 02:55 PM
and farmyard weekly, i hear they have a centre spread too.

Pixx
16-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey Pixx - Oh the days of youth! Ha ha ha, you're 8 years younger than me!

Pudding-Head
22-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Its PD here, just making sure PH still works, and i want to see the avatar again :D

Pixx
29-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Is anybody going anywhere tonight?

Scotty
29-06-2007, 04:53 PM
im going...... t'pub