PDA

View Full Version : All alone... and so new!

Pixx
12-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Just joined, but dismayed to find apparently no one nearby! Cambridge? West Suffolk? North Essex? Wanting to meet other people with whom I don't work!
Just running in a new 695 after I wrote off the one I bought at Easter (careless). Would like to ride out out with others...:look:

Sparky
12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm not too far away from Cambridge (Chatteris) but I know what you mean about there not being many monnies around here. I would be interested in a ride out too.

Chris

Grumpy
12-06-2007, 10:34 PM
hi pixx, i.m just down the road near halstead, and I work in haverhill!
the is a meet every first thurs of the month at gt wratting of the DOCUK.
If your interested there is a run being orginized by the lads of the mid anglian doc this fri to the swan at yarmouth, meet at the A140/A143 roundabout/layby at 6.20, I should be there if I get back from the inlaws in croydon on time!
Cheers
james

squiffything
13-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm in Ashley Nr Newmarket and there are one or two others around The Vtwin meet is coming up in July and the trackday is looming a few of us will be heading up for that. There is a meetup of bikes most Tuesday evenings at the Plummers Arms at Wickhambrook but its a general meet not just Dukes/Monsters shout if you wanna ride out anytime

markus
13-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Hello mate - I'm in milton keynes, but a wee ride - we have a meet with the beds guys every wednesday (tonight) at the white horse in husband crawley - nice ride if you fancy it - see thread http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=22050
for details - be good to see ya.

On top of that my brother lives in haverhill, maybe we could all hook up for a ride one eve

dustybin
13-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Pixx,

I just down the road in Bishops Stortford. Admittedly I'm not out that often due to work commitments but hopefully all that is about to change so may see you around.

benson
13-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Hello - there are a fair few monsters around and just remember to check the area announcements and then even better - suggest a run and see who joins you!!!

Paranoid Dave
14-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Pixx, i forgot to mention, you have one of the best pub meets around on your doorstep. Up the 134 or is it the 143 towards bury, the greyhound pub at wickhambrook, its a tiny place thats tough to find, but only a mile from the stradishal cafe. Tuesday nights bike night and its always a very mixed bunch but a good show. Nice grub too but get there early unless you want to wait til its gone dark before you eat.

squiffything
15-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I thought it was the Plummers Arms that they all met up at but I could be wrong. It would be a good central pub that we could make as our suffolk regular meeting point. Hows about once a month on a tuesday the roads around are pretty good especially the run through to Bury St Edmunds and its fairly central should the Norfolk crumblies or the london oldies wanna ride across

Gadget
15-06-2007, 07:56 AM
london oldies

Careful or you may find a zimmerframe wedged up your exhaust. :twak:

squiffything
15-06-2007, 09:45 AM
lol Ok sorry about that :)

neilp
15-06-2007, 01:23 PM
A Tuesday night meet would suit me fine, whens the next one?

er, meet not Tuesday

squiffything
15-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Well I suppose we should get a few of the East Anglian owners to say yay or nay and then go from there once a month once a fortnight heck once a week would be fine for me.

Oh and Parker you really shouldn't put your misses up as your Avitar or is that the remains of the dog after your boys fire bombing adventure :)

Pixx
15-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Brilliant, guys, you've really cheered me up!
Sparky: yes I'm meeting the DOCGB lot at the comfort Cafe to go to the Meldreth bike show with them next Wednesday... can't make Yarmouth at short notice: see you at Grt Wratting in a couple of weeks, maybe?
Squiffything, I don't think the Plumbers is still functioning, I think it's an ex-pub. Markus, please let's ride out, if you're around Haverhole anyway.Never heard of HusbandsCrawley, except that mine was (EX- hahaha)
Dustybin, BishStortford's not that far, I'd certainly come down for a spin...
PD, thanks, dodn't know there was a greyhound in Wickhanbrook, but if there is it can't be too hard to find - must be off the 143.
Neil and Squiffy: yes, Tuesdays!!!!
Yey Yey Yey:thumbsup:

Chappers
15-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Welcome :ukm:

Drop Red and Bladerunner a PM as they don't surf the forum that much but will respond to a PM pretty quick, they live in Sawtry not far from Yaxley :mand:

Pixx
15-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanx Chappers!

Paranoid Dave
16-06-2007, 03:51 PM
greyhound...

turn off 143 at the turning 400 meters after the cafe (haverhill side of wickhambrook) i think its the first turn. Don't actually stay on the 143 as although it passes through wickhambrook the pub is easier to find this way...
follow the bends until you go through a starnge wide open bendy crossroads, take the right turn there.
Go down the hill and i think its second left (might be wrong) and the pubs on the right. Multimap will show you.

Pixx
16-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks, PD. Will anyone you know be there on Tuesday?

Paranoid Dave
17-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Personally i don't know anyone who goes unless a few of us arrange it, in years gone by we had a few of us regulars but things change. I've not been back for a year or more but want to, maybe i'll venture out sometime soon if i get a chance. Its a nice place just to drop in a browse one night. 6pm there'll be about 4 bikes, by 7.30 about 150 and the car park fills up as much as possible and they line up along the front too, some leave, some arrive.
And you can watch the sun set over the fields too.

Pixx
17-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Well, you've convinced me: I'll be there the day after tomorrow!!!

neilp
17-06-2007, 06:34 PM
If it is dry i will try and make it, and try to get squiffy along too.

Pixx
17-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Excellent - hope to meet you...

squiffything
17-06-2007, 08:07 PM
If it is dry i will try and make it, and try to get squiffy along too.

Yup I can make the ride over bout time the old girl had a run see ya on tuesday unless it's peeing down

Pixx
17-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Well done: look forward to buying you both a pint, so long as it's beer.

Pixx
17-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I meant, buying you EACH a pint...

Netty
17-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I wished my bike was on the road now that there is another monster thats local. There is a a group of bikers that meet at The Archers in Bishop's Stortford on a Thursday evening if your up for it. Hopefully see you around once I'm back on the road

Kim

Pixx
18-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Hi Netty, what's up with the bike?

squiffything
19-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Well the sun is shining brightly today so providing it stays that way I'll be heading over to Wickhambrook this evening. Anyone else from the eastern parts going to be joining me?

markus
19-06-2007, 01:21 PM
hey guys - I'm tempted in giving the old girl a ride over tonight - is it The Greyhound Inn
Meeting Green, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 8XS? as it's all i can find on yell.com and i'm gonna need to print off directions?

Maybe see ya all later

squiffything
19-06-2007, 02:27 PM
hey guys - I'm tempted in giving the old girl a ride over tonight - is it The Greyhound Inn
Meeting Green, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 8XS? as it's all i can find on yell.com and i'm gonna need to print off directions?

Maybe see ya all later

Markus you have PM

Pixx
19-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah!!! See you around the skinny dog this evening (being the nervous type, it'll probably be around 6-6.30 that I'll get there), but whenever you guys roll up!