PDA

View Full Version : Assen anticipated!!!

benson
10-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Blimey what an amazing GP today - I was on the edge of my seat and actually have to admit that it was Stoner I was shouting for.....This way it looks like we'll have an amazingly close season..

So - wonder how the gang have got on in Assen - can't wait to hear the race report and see how they've all done!!!

scrumpster
10-06-2007, 05:10 PM
I have to agree on the Moto GP Rachel, it was awesome!! As for Assen, not heard anything here, might text peeps and see if I get a reply!!!

yellowfever
10-06-2007, 06:42 PM
What a classic race! Well done Ducati and Stoner - awesome riding!

benson
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Can't wait for CC in late July - Scrumps ought we to be allowed out unsupervised???? :on: :thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

Albie
10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I have to admit me and caroline was watching it and Casey was looking good and we started dozing off for about 3 laps then all of a sudden Rossi got back into it and that was it. Edge of the sofa job. So so pleased he kept his cool and beat him fair and square. As much as Im am a big Rossi fan with the books an stuff Im always wanting someone to beat him and not be terrified of being in front. Better still is a young gun on a DUCATI.

Didnt you just love it when not only Eurosport and BBC commentators both dismissed him being able to win this one. :woot: :woot:

scrumpster
10-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Can't wait for CC in late July - Scrumps ought we to be allowed out unsupervised???? :on: :thumbsup: :on: :thumbsup:

Not so sure, you know what i'm like ;)

benson
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh god yeah you're right.....Never mind -we could be tagged or something???

CK & AK
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Just a quickie - we went, we raced - we had a ball:D

Temps on the Friday were 32.5 in the shade:eek: by lunchtime - and it was hot & sticky for just about the whole time, with only a short shower late on the sat evening to cool things for a short while (maybe 30 mins!!)

Hawk on our 620 took pole & led from start to finish (both 'parts' as was red flagged just going onto lap 2, with 3 fallers) so got the 'king of Assen' :cool:

Slob will no doubt be heading to Amsterdam for his flight back today & will fully report back later, as will I when my brain is in gear :)

C

benson
11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Sounds fantastic - hope everyone got/gets home safe and sound - looking forward to Zimbo's usual race report!!!

CK & AK
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Results from the sheet for 'race 2':

1st: Kyle Hinton - Hawk
2nd: Dominic Cann - Domski
3rd: Tim Howard - Rattler
4th: Antony Espindola - Antonye
5th: Nick Bousted - NBs996
6th: Brian Alexander
7th: Eric Howe - Eric the Red
8th: David Ainscough (MLC Racing)
9th: Dominic Clegg (1st 583)
10th: Pete Yates (Ferrari Pete)
11th: Claire Domeney (Lily)
12th: Richard Cashmore (Rich racing)
13th: Alistair Knight (2nd 583)
14th: Andy Challis - Andy C (3rd 583)
15th Mark Foskett (4th 583)
16th: Phill Clarke (5th 583)
17th: Stuart Michener
18th: Keving Ellis - Skidlids (6th 583)
19th: Kevin Mooney (7th 583)
20th: Jason Boswell (8th 583)
21st: Ian Wood - Dseered (9th 593)
22nd: Dave Winterton
23rd: Paul Gilpin - Gilps (10th 583)
24th: Katherine Russell - Harriebird (11th 583)
25th: Ashley Thomson

DNF: John Mercer - JPM
DNF: Chris Wood
DNF: Phil Huntley - Fil2
DNS: Graeme Melvill - Zimbo

Fastest lap: Domski 2.01.965

In addition:
Fallers going onto Lap 2 from 1st start:
Tom Grezlinski
Phil Immamorati (Tiamo)
Bob Clarke (Diggerman)

Harriet Ridley who came off on the Friday was the only DD'er who didnt make the qualifying/grid at all, due to her injury

Would have scanned sheet in, but scanner not working

slob
11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Zimbo actually finished just ahead of Phil Clarke but his transponder wasn't properly registered, not worth getting upset about since it wasn't a points scoring round and not a podium place anyway.
Fantastic weekend, being woken up by dry clutches and open pipes then rebuilding a pair of forks before breakfast on Friday morning SO beats fighting the London rush-hour. All this AND beer at €7.99 a case, same time next year?
I'm off to watch my MotoGP video....