PDA

View Full Version : Donut Run to Brighton

Albie
10-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Bob as you were talking about this at Oakdene this morning. Its on Saturday 23rd June the weekend before we move so yes we can do it. Am glad a it may be a while until I have time to after moving
in.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=20788

So who's up for this then ??:)

Andy

Gadget
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Couldn't miss the doughnuts and a stroll along the pier.
I'll be there.:thumbsup:

benson
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Ohhhh yes please - I hope so!!!!

I'm taking the Buell for it's annual service that day and hopefully if I'm not having bizarre pipe-leakages of a petrol type nature (which is what is happening to the monnie at the moment - I'm hoping it's the heat and expansion of aforementioned fuel!!!) then I'd love to join you - the sea, chips and a doughnut or ten... YUM!!!!!!

gary tompkins
10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Should be up for this - hope weather is as good as today was

Gadget
10-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Would be nice to see you Rachel. As always.

benson
10-06-2007, 04:59 PM
And you my lovely!!! Like the avatar by the way - looks like something I once saw after too much Absinthe!!!

Right - off to check on the leaky hose thingy - anyone else had the same problem as me??? Cleaning the bike today and when I moved it around petrol dripped out then stopped - bike still + no drips, move bike around = little puddle then it stops - will I explode if I ride it??? Answers on a postcard!:fiery:

Gim
10-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Is it when the tanks full ? ... mine dribbles when i try and squeeze too much in ..(oooer )

benson
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh Gim - what a peach you are!!!!:cool: The tank is about 20 miles short of full - the collective wisdom on here points to the fact that it's been really hot and the petrol will have found its way along the breather pipe in the heat & high pressure and all that physics stuff..... So - here's to squeezing in as much as possible minus the dribbling:on:

GULLY
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Hi
You can count me in for that ice cream for me,you lot can eat the donut:thumbsup:

gully

Albie
11-06-2007, 06:32 AM
I will have yours mate.:biggrin:

benson
11-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Looks like the guy in your singnature needs it Albie!!!!!:biggrin:

J.P
11-06-2007, 07:56 AM
I've nothing on for the day so will probably try to be there. Hopefully.
Might even see if I can get the wife to come along.

scrapps
11-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Mmm yum yum donut,ice cream,maybe a pint,and some bird spotting along the sea front.:eek: count me in.....:biggrin:

J.P
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
More like Bird 'dropping' where Gully's concerned.

nik_the_brief
11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Damn - would love to but I'm off jaunting over the water with my bike and a couple of reprobates to savour the delights of all things Gallic. It's a hard life but somebody has to do it...

I'll almost certainly be blasting that way in September for the annual Ace Cafe run (the day after the speed trials). I wouldn't recommend following the same route as the Ace brigade though, tis much more pleasant and less crowded taking the A259 coast road.

alan c
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
that date is ok for me as well. mind the seagulls !:thumbsup:

Albie
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Looks like the guy in your singnature needs it Albie!!!!!:biggrin:

Rachel thats meant to be me. It was on the photobucket site to make your own looky likey avatar. Best I could do. LOL

I do need feeding up though.

So so far its

Albie and Caroline
Benson
Alan C
Gadget
Gully
Gary T
Bob
JP and Possible Partner
Scrapps

I hope we can go home via peacehaven ,newhaven, seaford and beachy head,eastbourne and then heading north back up via east grinstead or maybe going down that way.

GULLY
11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
More like Bird 'dropping' where Gully's concerned.

Hi JP,
I was going to let you and Albie have my donuts but in light of your comments I will have to reconsider.

Gully

PS. Don't forget I know all your measurements, perhaps you should not eat any donuts :chuckle:

benson
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Albie - eat more pies!!!!!!

Albie
11-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Into the fridge now.:chuckle:

benson
11-06-2007, 11:03 PM
He he he - I'll expect a new avatar in a few days then!!!:mand:

MilesB
13-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Albie and Caroline
Benson
Alan C
Gadget
Gully
Gary T
Bob
JP and Possible Partner
Scrapps

Bad news guys, looks like Bob can't make it...
Miles,
...the annual Donut Run is coming up on 23rd June. I have a commitment that I just can't get out of.

I was wondering if you would consider leading the group down on a picturesque route to Brighton Pier for us?
As I've been asked so nicely I'll be happy to lead - but I'll equally be just as happy to lurk at the back playing 'tail end charlie'.

Miles

benson
14-06-2007, 06:24 AM
I'll be playing "donut munching Rachel", tail end Charlie doesn't sound like he's anywhere near the fodder!!!:cool:

Probably need to meet you all there cos of taking the other beastie in for a service, hope Darry will also be heading down too!

scrapps
14-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi guys and girls. any ideas on a meet point for the kent mob and time ect.

SazzaG
14-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry guys, I won't be able to meet you for this, as I've got tickets to the Festival of Speed that day.

I'll post up in Sussex events in case anyone else is out and about.

Saz

MilesB
15-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi guys and girls. any ideas on a meet point for the kent mob and time ect.
The usual?

Meet at the Oakdene, for departurte at 11ish to get to Brighton for lunchtime.

Sound reasonable with everyone?

Miles

J.P
15-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Does to me. Almost civilised in fact.

scrapps
15-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Yep sounds good to me :mand:

Gadget
15-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Brekkie before doughnuts. :idea:

10:30 ish

benson
15-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I'll aim to be joining you about lunchtime all being well!!!
I'll listen out for munching noises!!!
Will you be down in the usual sea front area thingy???:roger:

Gadget
15-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't know where we will settle. :dunce: (I never do.)
But we usually park as close to the pier as we can.
I can send you a text when we get settled.
Then all you will need to do is listen for the trough noises.:piglet:

gary tompkins
15-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Aim for this....

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GeeTee_album/?action=view&current=oooh-donuts.jpg

Gadget
15-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh! what a picture. What a photograph...

scrapps
15-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Mmmm a can almost taste them now Yum Yum

Lady-Bob
18-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Aim for this....

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GeeTee_album/?action=view&current=oooh-donuts.jpg

Oooh I don't remember that piccie being taken! I do remember Shorn eating a couple of my donuts tho! :fiery:

Albie
21-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Me and caroline wont be able to come along as we have too many things to do prior to moving the following friday. I hope to make the the camber sands run the following weekend.We have an appointment at 10.00 and other bank things to sort. Hope you all have a great day and the weather stays good for you. I was hoping to go for a looky at beachy head at some point of the trip.
Andy

Gadget
21-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm going, even if it rains. :spin:
It has to be done.

MilesB
21-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm going, even if it rains. :spin:
It has to be done.
Well said that man :hail: :hail:

Having said that, hove you got room for EVERYONES waterproofs in the Gadget Bag?

Lady-Bob
22-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I was hoping to go for a looky at beachy head at some point of the trip.
Andy

That's eastbourne hun.... but... if you fancy planning a trip, I'm sure a load of us will join you :gromit:

Gadget
22-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Bailing out now.:cry:

I have to go to work.
I am the only one left who can cover the project that is going on this weekend.

Next time.:thumbsup:

scrapps
22-06-2007, 09:10 PM
so who's still going ??? i am planning to be at oakdene 10/10:15 hope i won't be the only one :o

gary tompkins
22-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry All,

A late change of weekend plans means I can't make Brighton. Something I was planning for Sunday has to be done Saturday instead so I'm stuffed :( Oh well - I hope those that are going have a good day out & have a few donuts for me ;)

Albie
22-06-2007, 10:20 PM
That's eastbourne hun.... but... if you fancy planning a trip, I'm sure a load of us will join you :gromit:

I know its eastbourne. Its the coast road to brighton. It aint that far. No worries

Albie
23-06-2007, 10:21 AM
The usual?

Meet at the Oakdene, for departurte at 11ish to get to Brighton for lunchtime.

Sound reasonable with everyone?

Miles

So was it today as Gully was there and no one turned up. 1 miffed person .:thumbsdown:

Gadget
23-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I am at work so couldn't go.
But I thought it was supposed to be today.

Albie
23-06-2007, 10:32 AM
exactly. Me and caroline had important things to do but was aware it was still happening. I thought Miles was in charge according to the post.

benson
23-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry but I've been called into work too - hope if anyone made it the do-nuts were good...For being such a responsible citizen I am now going to climb all over the Hypermotard at Parkinsons....

alan c
23-06-2007, 02:34 PM
sorry i thought it was on sunday, gully phoned from cafe 10 o/c ish, he was only one there, then scrapps turned up, hope you all had good day, sorry i missed day out, what a plank !:banghead:

MilesB
23-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh well - WE had a good time.

Due to a miss-understanding, Gully turned up early, and was just leaving when Scrapps turned up. Susan and I arrived at about 10:30, grabbed brekkie, then 4 of us (on three bikes) left for Brighton at about 11:10.

Unfortunately, due to curfew rules, Gully left us at Edenbridge - hope he got home OK?

That left Scrapps on the M900, and Susan and me on the TDM. We got to Brighton at about 1am-ish, did the pier and scoffed a few Donuts. Hopefully Scrapps will post some piccys later on.

Got caught in some heavy rain between Crowborough and Tun Wells on the way home, but apart from skirting a light shower south of Edenbridge on the way out, we had a great day - sorry every one else missed it.

See you all for breakfast next Sunday.

Miles

GULLY
24-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi
Sorry i had to short off ,but the lanes was fun.:thumbsup:
good to see you guys
thanks
gully

scrapps
25-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi all, well me miles and Susan had a good ride to Brighton (thanks to miles for leading us there):D we also had doughnuts. (it was meant to be the doughnut run):scratch: its a shame lord Vader was the only monster to get to Brighton and was parked on sea front with only a Yamaha tdm to talk to. I hope more people will join the run to camber sands or will it be just me and miles on his new toy.....

scrapps
25-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Photo at brighton... if link works
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/scrapps_album/doughnut.jpg

Jacqui
26-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Hi guys....did not many people make it to the oakdene cafe on saturday? I dropped by at about half nine and only saw about two other ducati's there so I wasn't sure if I'd missed it? I'm new to this club and wanted to say hello and hopefully make some new friends to ride with, as I have no bikey friends! :gay:

J.P
26-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Sounds like the guys turned up a wee bit later unfortunately.
We're a very nice bunch and there's a regular monthly meet this Sunday if you're free. I'm sure some of the other will be there. Otherwise keep an eye on the 'KENT' thread for chatter about random rides and regular meets.
I'm often just taking rides out your way on Saturday's or Sunday's and am happy to ride with you if you fancied that.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the Oakdene this weekend.

Lady-Bob is the Kent rep and the Kent Calendar has all the dates of the planned trips out.

So how long you had your bike ? I've only had mine, first one, for 9 months.

scrapps
26-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi guys....did not many people make it to the oakdene cafe on saturday? I dropped by at about half nine and only saw about two other ducati's there so I wasn't sure if I'd missed it? I'm new to this club and wanted to say hello and hopefully make some new friends to ride with, as I have no bikey friends! :gay:

Hi jacqui sorry we missed you at the oakdene saturday,:worried: i did not get there till 10:20... not many did show for the run due to other comitments and the weather ect. would have been good to meet you and hope to do so soon. I will prob be there sunday unless the weather is crap.:thumbsup: maybe see you on the run to camber sands.

Manda
26-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I was gonna meet you all down there but i woke up with a migraine and stayed in bed all day :dizzy:

Jacqui
26-06-2007, 12:32 PM
maybe see some of you this sunday? when/where do you met? J.P, I've had my bike for almost a year now. but I've been away for six months and just got back three weeks ago, so the poor neglected Duke has just got out of the shed!! :cry: but it's seen a lot of action the last two weeks. :flag:

J.P
26-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I bet it has.

As for the meeting point it's the Oakdene cafe in Wrotham, but it's not really in Wrotham. What you need is the A20 ( London Road) just before the junction with the M26.
Time is usually about 10.30/11am. There are loads of bikes on sunny days so you might have to do some hunting to find the guys in the cafe, but someone will have a Ducati T-shirt on.