PDA

View Full Version : Hypermotorad to tall!

cosmicknome
10-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi yesterday i when to my local supplyer of all thing ducati for a look around and maybe try the new Hpermotorad:yoparty:
O sob! sob! sob! the thing is really smart but my legs are to short:thumbsdown:
Why o why do manufacture's have to make bikes so tall?:Furious: :Furious:
It really **** me of that the only the bike in the ducati range for me apart from the monster is the 1098.
Is it just me?

benson
10-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Platform boots are the answer - I think you'll not be alone in this disappointment.....

Novice
10-06-2007, 09:22 AM
How tall is it? or what's your inside leg?

Can you get one feet on the ground? that is usually enough to get going.

Shandy
10-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Ped posted this on another thread about it,

Sazz

I hope Rog has got long legs - I'm 31 inch inside length and I can't get both heels down, only my toes!!

Ped

It looks like it will really suit us lanky 6' 4'' types, great :yoparty:

sidrat
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I've just test ridden one, its fantastic!!!, its like sitting on the top of a double decker bus. I'm only 5' 10" with an inside leg of 32" and i can get both feet on the ground, you just have to slide forward on the seat a bit when you come to a stop, its worth trying though, its fantastic fun!

benson
10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Where did you test ride it?

Julie
10-06-2007, 04:05 PM
you dont need to get both feet down - just one toe - thats what i do on te KTM and so far so good.

I sat on the hyperM on Satuday in PnH and its not that tall anyway.

benson
10-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Oooooh I so want to go and see one and climb all over it and dare to try and put one foot down!!! But this week is out because of work and I'm away at the weekend - I wonder where the closest one to me is - now off I go with my magnifying glass.....

sidrat
10-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey Benson, at motoitalia, they had just uncrated it and done 15 miles on it, so i too it for a spin, its fab up to 88mph, which is running in speed in top. It becomes a pain at about that speed as there is no and i mean NO wind protection, but down a b road, not a lot would live with it. I was two up so i guess you would slide down the seat a bit to stop the wind.

benson
10-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Ooooh I want a turn!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Wind protection or not - it looks lovely and I'm smitten!!!

sidrat
10-06-2007, 06:18 PM
It is fantastic lots of lovely details to look at, bigger than i thought it would be, and the seat is huge, not that you of course need a large seat benson my friend!

Rogerg
10-06-2007, 06:20 PM
not sure if you all know yet.

Did I mention I've got one on order??

Was out on the KTM in Supermoto mode today - measured the seat height:

880mm unloaded, 820 with me (I like pies) on it.

I'm 5"8 and can get both toes down or plant 1 foot.

Can't see there being a problem with the 845mm seat height

gary tompkins
10-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Trike it - no need to put your feet down then?

or wear roller skates?

or carry a lanky pillion (Shandy) who can put feet down for you?

Keep eating those pies :D

benson
10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Sidrat - you are now a hero for telling me I don't need a big seat (could that be because I've already got one???:shocked: )

GT - trike a hypermotard - I can see it as the next GT project!!!

Hmmm - roller skates on a bike - wasn't that Jackass The Movie or something to do next time I am very very very drunk???

Rog - well done mate for eating those pies - they have obviously been all to a good cause in the purcahse of your new baby!!!!!

Pedro
10-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I've just test ridden one, its fantastic!!!, ........... its fantastic fun!

You're not wrong..... so much so I'm seriously considering one once I get the house sold....!

Ped

cosmicknome
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
ok i admit i am a shortarse and have struggled most of my riding life with this problem(if i had a pound for every time the platform sole joke was said to me
i would be very rich) all i can do is watch with envy.

gremlin
11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Same here 5'1 so no chance of riding one. Even my much lowered monnie is a toes down only job. I'd love other half to get one so I could still go out and stroke it.

Mand
11-06-2007, 12:47 PM
you dont need to get both feet down - just one toe - thats what i do on te KTM and so far so good.

I sat on the hyperM on Satuday in PnH and its not that tall anyway.

you hardly ride that KTM of yours..... anybody would thing you had ridden across of the desert or something! :chuckle:

I am blessed with long legs and that baby is going to be mine.... All mine I tell you!!!!! :mand:

banditloon
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
It really **** me of that the only the bike in the ducati range for me apart from the monster is the 1098.
Is it just me?

Monster or 1098 for me too :thumbsup: Can't be a hard choice really. Can't afford a 1098 so I'm sticking with a Monster.

Short of having my legs lengthened, I'm going to shy away from Ducati dealers and their shiney shiney Hypermotard ;)

And after my brief ride on a CRF450 last year, I don't think I'll be getting in the saddle of something too tall for a while