PDA

View Full Version : Cafe - Mini-Rideout

GULLY
09-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi Guys,
If you are up for it tomorrow, a few of us are meeting at Oakdene for brekkie about 9.30ish and a rideout afterwards.

So far Albie & Caroline, Lady-Bob, Alan C and me are going.

Cheers
Gully

gary tompkins
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Gully,

I'm going down to meet the Sussex & Surrey mob for lunch at the Cricketers in Duncton....

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=22897

Would have met at cafe but sweet F.A. got posted in the Kent events section, so I decided to head down to Sussex instead. The Cricketers does very nice scoff if you are interested?

Txt me if you will be heading that way ;)

Lady-Bob
11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
sweet F.A. got posted in the Kent events section,

Not everyone has all the time in the world to be on UKMOC as much as they would like to be. Gully did his best when he could - don't shoot the messenger hun :bunny:

As it was, we had a lovely breakfast with Albie & Caroline, Alanc, Gully, Chaos Inc and myself. The sun came out and a good ride led by Alanc (thanks Alanc:heart: ) Then, the girls headed off toward Bromley and home & the boys continued their rideout.

I would've loved to spend a little more time out playing but, sadly, family committments were calling.

It was a nice impromptu meet. I enjoyed it very much.

J.P
11-06-2007, 10:16 AM
If you guys had such a good ride, I'd love to know where abouts. I'm trying to get an idea of routes for when I travel Kent way.

nik_the_brief
11-06-2007, 11:35 AM
If you guys had such a good ride, I'd love to know where abouts. I'm trying to get an idea of routes for when I travel Kent way.

Come down my neck of the woods - the A259 coast road out to Rye is very nice (especially if you detour along some of the twistier B roads). Some nice roads out off the A21 too - and around the Cranbrook, Tenterden area.

Bob - fancy arranging another East Kent rideout sometime? I can sort out the local roads, venues etc. and maybe they'll even have some Squid tempura for Slob down in sunny Folkestone this time.

alan c
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
thanks, enjoyed breakfast and chat ,then short rideout around some interesting lanes, back home for lunch and watched moto gp, then sorted out a few jobs indoors, so everyone happy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

J.P
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Nik, I'll have a look at the map.

gary tompkins
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Not everyone has all the time in the world to be on UKMOC as much as they would like to be. Gully did his best when he could - don't shoot the messenger hun :bunny:

As it was, we had a lovely breakfast with Albie & Caroline, Alanc, Gully, Chaos Inc and myself. The sun came out and a good ride led by Alanc (thanks Alanc:heart: ) Then, the girls headed off toward Bromley and home & the boys continued their rideout.

I would've loved to spend a little more time out playing but, sadly, family committments were calling.

It was a nice impromptu meet. I enjoyed it very much.

All I'm saying is that a good weekend was forecast, and it would have been nice for someone (besides me) to post up a rideout with a bit more than a few hours notice.

I also wanted to do a bit more than our usual ride to the cafe, scoff & ride home again. Less than 100 miles on a day like Sunday would have been a waste IMO

Albie
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Alas all we could make was a morning pass and tbh it was my suggestion to Gully that brekkie may be nice if no one could do a whole dayer to surrey/sussex/Hampshire. I really wanted to go but we pushed our luck as were out next sunday all day at wembley.

I think Rye will be a good one and Im not sure if saturday may be possible. I hope so and will try to see if we can go down that way. Like I said sunday is a no no but brighton is the following saturday.

gary tompkins
11-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Albie, I'm a bit confused

Is the Rye run another planned event - or just somewhere your hoping to visit on the donut run? Had a look at LB's Kent events thread and couldn't see Rye mentioned anywhere?

nik_the_brief
12-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Albie, I'm a bit confused

Is the Rye run another planned event - or just somewhere your hoping to visit on the donut run? Had a look at LB's Kent events thread and couldn't see Rye mentioned anywhere?

Not planned as such yet Gary - just suggested by me as a possible place to visit when JP was considering routes in Kent (or should that be Sussex - just).

gary tompkins
12-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok - thanks for that Nik