PDA

View Full Version : Coring Exhausts - Any effects on engine setup?

JayT
05-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi there, last weekend I cored my exhausts, and it sounds 10000% better! Propper Monster now. The guide I followed was from http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php/topic,42847.0.html and proved to be fine for the job. One thing I can advise is to get plenty cutting discs if you intend on using a dremel, and make sure they are the heavy duty type as they wear down very quickly.

I was wondering, with exhaust coring, will the bike require any additional upgrades to rectify fuelling ratios or will it be ok? I've done about 500 miles since the chop, and it seems to be running fine and dandy, but I wouldnt want it to go pop in 2 months time due to overheating or something.

Cheers in advance

Jonny

Zimbo
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Chances are it'll be ok as long as you haven't chopped the airbox as well, might be worth a dyno run to make certain though, £30 for complete peace of mind?

JayT
06-06-2007, 09:03 AM
OK, cheers for that. I'll get one sorted, might even do 2 runs, with and without exhaust coring. See if there is an increase or reduction in power.

Thanks

Chris Glynn
14-06-2007, 04:11 PM
i reacently did the lot, de-cat pipes, chopped the airbox n put on a k N n and cored the cans, took it for service and thay said it would be fine on the richest setting on the ECU but recommended i get a power commander so 2 weeks on ive just bought one and am just waightin for it to arrive so i can fitt it and take it to a dyno t get it all mapped out perfectly. I would seriously recomend doing the lot as it sounds far better than with just the cans done.