PDA

View Full Version : Projector lamps

Albie
04-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Well the s4 passed its mot with the termis on and open cover rattling away but the guy commented to me about my headlamps. He said is my bike an import as beam is to the right. I said the fairing comes from italy so poss maybe.

Its the road racing alien one with stacked globe lamps.

Question is can they be adjusted and how actually do they beam the light a certain direction.
Would it be a case of maybe just swinging it to the right ???:biggrin:

JMo
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm surprised he was bothered since so little light comes out of the poxy things...

Still, I reckon you're probably right about them being from abroad - I've not had the problem as I always swap back to my original headlight for the MoT because (and this is essentially leading up to a rather longwinded answer to your original question):

The dip beam (lower) unit has a metal plate inside that diverts the beam to the left or right - it's curved so I doubt you can just turn it round, but I'm sure you get someone to bend you one up the other way round (I would suggest buying one from Pyramid etc. however, I asked them and they don't sell the parts seperately, only the whole lamp unit)...

The reason I know this is because a couple of years ago I heard a tinkling from the front of my bike and eventually traced it to the low beam headlight - when I took it apart I found the metal plate has snapped off and was rattling inside the projector lens... I never fixed it hence the reason for swaping back to a regular lamp for MoT.

xxx

Albie
05-06-2007, 08:11 AM
He wasn't that worried but he seemed to remember telling me last year. I forgot.:scratch:
TBH I dont ride at nite if I can help it but when I did the spread of beam was a bit naff and wasn't white enough for my liking. Maybe that is because the beams the wrong way ???? I was going to get some better bulbs fitted but am intrigued about the adjustment. I will play around to see.

Thanks for help
Andy
:D

Kato
05-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm surprised he was bothered since so little light comes out of the poxy things...

The reason I know this is because a couple of years ago I heard a tinkling from the front of my bike and eventually traced it to the low beam headlight - when I took it apart I found the metal plate has snapped off and was rattling inside the projector lens... I never fixed it hence the reason for swaping back to a regular lamp for MoT.

xxx

:eyepopping: Does that mean I've been buggin you to sell me faulty lights Jen:hissy: ............Hmmmm oh well still want it :)

gjfevans
05-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I took the curved defletor plate out and bent it (rather badly) the other way.
You will also need to make a little cut in the bottom corner for it to locate on the holder.
As i said it was not a particulary good job but it got it through the MOT that it had just failed on

Albie
05-06-2007, 09:27 PM
thanks for that :gromit: