PDA

View Full Version : Monster Trackday - get your fingers out

Gilps
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Every year Terry organises the UKMOC Track Day at Mallory, and every year Terry gets into a mad panic as the day draws closer and not enough people have booked. This year is no different. Terry has to confirm the booking with the organisers well in advance and hand over hard cash. If the event falls through then Terry is out of pocket - it hasn't happened yet and I'm sure it won't happen this year either, but that doesn't stop Terry worrying.
So to stop Terry pulling his hair out we all need to get this booked now. If you are undecided then let me say this. I was undecided before last years track day. The whole idea of track days had never appealed to me. Lots of serious well hard bikers in fancy leathers with big egos going way too fast, and little old me pootling round like a mobile chicane. I plucked up the courage to go and was serioulsy surprised. The reality was a great bunch of people, all with a love of Monsters having a great time. There was no silly business on track, far from it with everyone being very courteous. The weather was glorious, I'm told it always is for the UKMOC day. I learnt so much about my own and my bikes abilities. There is no safer place to learn what your bike is capable of than on track. No kerbs, lamp posts, buses coming the other way. My road riding improved significantly because of it. I said at the time that it was the most fun I have ever had on a bike.
Terry is already muttering about letting non-Monsters attend (apparently Ducati make other models too) so as to make up the numbers, and I suspect if he does then you may find it too late to book when you finally do commit to it.
As much as I love all Ducatis, I would really like to see this event dominated by Monsters. So let's kill two birds with one stone. Stop Terry from fretting, and lets get some Monsters out on track. Get booking now!
It's our club so let's support it.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday07.pdf

J.P
04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Bloody well said. I can't wait myself.
And anyone visiting the site should take the chance to improve their riding in a safe environment wih the advice of experts.

DavidEJM
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I wish I could but I've got another event on that day and weekend. Maybe next time, sounds like fun.

logyk
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Come on guys and gals.....Terry is at risk here of having to subsidise the trackday from his own funds. We owe it to him to confirm bookings and not leave this till the last minute.......SUPPORT YOUR CLUB !

If you don't there may well not be a "next year".

P.S. You WILL enjoy it !

NattyBoy
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Its all been aid before but nice one gilps (did you get me return call BTW?).

And as an extra special treat you can all watch me and logyk wobble round on our old 888's for a session !!

Nat

Gilps
04-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Its all been aid before but nice one gilps (did you get me return call BTW?).

And as an extra special treat you can all watch me and logyk wobble round on our old 888's for a session !!

Nat

I got your call thanks. I've left it to Rich to sort out the last few bits now. I've passed it on so expect a call from him, or not if he sorts out sumfink else.

I think Terry is right not to let the later sportsbikes in, but a Bostrom rep 998 would look cool though.

NattyBoy
04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
I got your call thanks. I've left it to Rich to sort out the last few bits now. I've passed it on so expect a call from him, or not if he sorts out sumfink else.

I think Terry is right not to let the later sportsbikes in, but a Bostrom rep 998 would look cool though.

Im dropping the s4r off tommorrow so let me know if i need to take anything !!

A bostrom rep would look cool - especially with the bling ive got for it in the garage ;>)

Gilps
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Im dropping the s4r off tommorrow so let me know if i need to take anything !!

A bostrom rep would look cool - especially with the bling ive got for it in the garage ;>)

Just mention the cowl to Rich again, he will have forgotten!

My baby don't need any more bling. How can you bling-up a bike that comes with flames and stars painted all over it.:)

scrumpster
04-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Just mention the cowl to Rich again, he will have forgotten!

My baby don't need any more bling. How can you bling-up a bike that comes with flames and stars painted all over it.:)

Respray perhaps, there was a Ben Bostrom helmet going on fleabay by the way!

Shandy
04-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Jeeezzz don't encourage him, he was looking for an evil kineval cape the other day :ymca:

scrumpster
04-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Jeeezzz don't encourage him, he was looking for an evil kineval cape the other day :ymca:

Oh lordy, was he?? Hmmmm say no more!!!

Gilps
04-06-2007, 08:43 PM

The guy I bought the bike off let me have his old lid. I won't wear it but it looks OK next to the bike. I see Frederico Minoli is selling Bostrom's 2000 lid on ebay so I may put a bid in for that.:D

scrumpster
04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I thought the Suomy one was the replica helmet - hey ho

Gilps
04-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I appear to have hijacked my own thread.
Bostrom rode with a Suomy lid so Suomy made a replica for the public. There are several come up for sale on ebay. But the Minoli one is the real deal, one of Bostrom's actual lids from the 2000 season, and it's still reasonable.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250122031285&rd=1&rd=1
as opposed to the Laguna Seca one which is already silly money
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Casco-Bostrom-2002-Laguna-Seca-Bostrom-helmet_W0QQitemZ250122037215QQihZ015QQcategoryZ274 08QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have you seen the bidding on this one though
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Casco-Fogarty-1998-1998-Fogarty-helmet_W0QQitemZ250122038606QQihZ015QQcategoryZ274 08QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

scrumpster
04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Blimey, but the first one looks the nicest and goes the best!

Kev Bunney
04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Come on guys and gals.....Terry is at risk here of having to subsidise the trackday from his own funds. We owe it to him to confirm bookings and not leave this till the last minute.......SUPPORT YOUR CLUB !

If you don't there may well not be a "next year".

P.S. You WILL enjoy it !

"would" enjoy it, and feel for the gaffer but the simple fact of the matter is can`t afford it :grump: :thumbsdown: