PDA

View Full Version : Eight washers and some locktite

banditloon
31-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I've been Windows Internet Explorer shopping for an open clutch cover on the old Nessie for a while, and after hearing Katos clutch ringing in my ears last night coming back from Box Hill. I decided to do something about the lack of noise on the old dry clutch thing.

Whilst looking for something completely different on www.ducatisuite.com, I found a little gem of the skint (or tight) persons way of getting an open clutch cover.

So, armed with 8 washers and some locktite, dear old Nessies clutch now sings a happy tune. Sounds like the old school bell..... :spin:

www.ducatisuite.com/miscmods.html

J.P
31-05-2007, 05:05 PM
And it's such a cheap little fix. Never even though of that.

banditloon
31-05-2007, 05:07 PM
And it's such a cheap little fix. Never even though of that.

Neither did I, until I clicked the Mods section at Ducati Suite :chuckle: £1 for large box of washers at Robert Dyas tonight! And washers always come in handy ;)

Kato
02-06-2007, 07:44 AM
That will get you a Blue Peter Badge careful mate next thing you'll be setting about the sticky back plastic and cornflake boxes:mand: :spin: :mand:

banditloon
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I think the rat bike look is coming along nicely now. The teatray is off (shock horror!!), clutch plates are smoother than a smooth thing on something flat! :thumbsdown: