PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar part advice

DevilBoy
29-05-2007, 11:34 AM
hiya Guys

Bit of a strange one this.

After my recent off, a part on my 2002 S4 needs to be replaced.
Tis a strange part, that after an hour in Ducati Bristol, I couldn't find on any diagram, much to the frustration of my local Ducati shop man.

So I thought I'd ask you lovely people if you know of this part, or if I am taking too many magic mushrooms in my tea again.

Its a part on the handlebars that rises the mirrors up by about an inch.
It screws into the normal screw hole that the mirrors go into (gold clamp on handlebars), and it has another screw in bit on the end for the mirrors to screw into this instead. If that makes sense. Wish I could draw a diagram.

Basically, its a bolt, that screw into the handlebars, with a hole in the end for the mirrors to screw into, raising the mirror height a bit.

Any ideas what part number this is, or what diagram on the ducati site its on?

Cheers guys.
Phew!
:look:

banditloon
29-05-2007, 11:48 AM
I think I know which bit you mean...

I'll take a picture of it and see if we are on the same wave length, or at least taking the same amount of magic mushrooms :thumbsup:

Kato
29-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Do you mean something like this....

banditloon
29-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Do you mean something like this....

That's what I'm thinking too!! Must be some good mushrooms in WOT at the moment ;) :chuckle:

DevilBoy
29-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmm

Close. Very close.
The one I have is gold though, and longer and thinner.

I drew a picture for you attached, failing that, I'll get a picture of the busted one on wednesday.

banditloon
29-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmmm

Close. Very close.
The one I have is gold though, and longer and thinner.

I drew a picture for you attached, failing that, I'll get a picture of the busted one on wednesday.

Mine are black :thumbsup: Glad it's not the mushrooms ;)

barbican
29-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Is it this hex shaped thing in the picture - 2002 s4 manual ?

barbican
29-05-2007, 07:23 PM
or better....

DevilBoy
30-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Looks like its in the right area, but I can't see the picture too well. A bit small, and when I zoom in it goes all fuzzy...

barbican
30-05-2007, 09:14 AM
When I get hom I'll try and get the piccie bigger - its lifted from a pdf of the workshop manual - I'm waiting for the parts list / fiche to come down the interweb then if it has a separate part number you can get it

barbican
30-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry thats the size of the original so it wont go any bigger

DevilBoy
31-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Tell you what, I'll get a pic of the actual part later today, and post it up tommorrow. How'd that be?

DB:devil:

Tonio600
31-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I think it's a thread adapter but I can't see such a thing fitted as standard on a Ducati. You usually get them with aftermarkets mirrors, that would explain why you can't find any reference to it in the Ducati spare parts catalog.

S4 MAD
31-05-2007, 04:48 PM
as on prev post they are thread adapters as they have left and right handed threads. as far as im aware they come complete with mirror as i can rember when i had to order one a few years back mirrors around 30ish quid,
may of changed a bit by now thougth.:scratch: