PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gizmo!

Chappers
26-05-2007, 09:01 PM
After travelling over 6hrs on the train to Perth, Scotland I finally collected my new toy from Niall (Eonan) :mand:

Had absolutely the best welcome and hospitality whilst there and met the nicest family on this planet :thumbsup:

However, after just short of 4hrs riding back to Manchester my new toy decided to play a joke on me and started to bleed heavily from her gearbox and she wouldn't let me get higher than 2nd gear :(

So thanks to Martyn (Twodukes) putting me onto somone called Ian who then put me onto Mike & Lindsy (Gizmo) she was recovered back to Penrith.

Huge thanks to Mike & Lindsy for collecting her and keeping her safe in their garage until Ducati Glasgow or Leeds fix her and can't believe you guys came all that way and waited with me for an hour or so until my friend picked me up to take me home plus the fact you refused to take any money from me :shocked:

THANK YOU!

bad-yeti
26-05-2007, 10:47 PM
What wait erm....

what happened?

You bought a shoddy bike? Ahh erm oops

Have you made it back okay?

What about the S2R?

Chappers
26-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I bought Eonan's bike, sold my S2R back in Jan as it was costing a fair bit on finance each month and I only rode it 6 months a year plus I like my holidays and yes I got back perfectly safely with a little help from fellow biker buddies :mand:

johnnystorm
27-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Bummer, but at least you're home safe and sound. I know nothing of the mechanics involved but hopefully it's something daft like a gasket.

Humbucker
27-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Sure it is just a minor thing like a gasket, but it does seem that it's always the minor things that cause the most inconvenience. Hope you get it all sorted soon chapers.

madhatter
27-05-2007, 12:10 PM
After travelling over 6hrs...I finally collected my new toy from Niall (Eonan)......however, after just short of 4hrs riding back to Manchester my new toy bleed heavily from her gearbox and she wouldn't let me get higher than 2nd gear :(

Blimey! That don't sound good at all.

Was there any sign of a small leak prior to you riding off? Have you spoken with Eonan? I've seen the thread where he has said that he felt like crap when he heard you had broken down, but it would be worthwhile asking if he noticed that it seemed to be using/burning oil quicker than usual or if Eonan had noticed any oil drips. It might just point you to where the problem is. Not Good H.:(

eonan
27-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Don’t worry , we’re on it. This is like some kind of nightmare…believe me, it seems I feel far worse than Hayley does at the moment. We have absolutely no idea what’s happened. The bike was in perfect running order. In my year of owning it, there has not been one single mechanical problem (a weeping fork seal and sticking starter button causing the starter motor to go, that's it...all parts were replaced with new). Every aspect of the bike was recently serviced, with belts, valves and comp feedback test done by Ducati Glasgow last July.

I would NEVER sell anything to ANYONE under false pretences, let alone to a member of our forum (and especially to someone as lovely as Hayley seems to be). If you know me, you’ll know that something like this happening is just my worst nightmare...I HATE letting people down in any way shape or form, directly or indirectly. I feel sick to the stomach about this.

Back to the bike though. If the problem wasn’t too serious then I was going to get it over to Ducati Leeds. If it is serious (and to be honest from Hayley’s description it sounds freakin’ horrendous!) then I’ll need to somehow get the bike back up to Ducati Glasgow.

There is however, absolutely no question that we won't get this sorted out, one way or another.

madhatter
27-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Don’t worry, we’re on it. This is like some kind of nightmare…believe me....I would NEVER sell anything to ANYONE under false pretences, let alone to a member of our forum, something like this happening is just my worst nightmare...I feel sick to the stomach about this...

Don't worry Eonan, I wasn't suggesting that you would have done anything underhand, I was just asking if Hayley had discussed it with you to see if you could throw any light on the situation, before she let a dealer anywhere near it. No offence mean't Mate, I'm sure you'll sort it. :thumbsup:

eonan
27-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Don't worry Eonan, I wasn't suggesting that you would have done anything underhand, I was just asking if Hayley had discussed it with you to see if you could throw any light on the situation, before she let a dealer anywhere near it. No offence mean't Mate, I'm sure you'll sort it. :thumbsup:

I know that's not what you meant mate, sorry man...I'm just feeling a bit rubbish at the moment :(

Chappers
27-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi Steve,

The bike was lovely and clean and the first thing I looked at before sitting on her was the casings for oil leaks as my 600 used to suffer from oil leaks but from the other side of the bike and then DWR fixed it - leaky seal/gasket so was cheap to sort.

I didn't even get to give her some welly as the wind was so strong and I was really aching from the ride anyway (nearly 4hrs) that I was just taking it easy plus the faster I went the colder I got :chuckle:

Bless, I think poor Niall's on the verge of a nervous breakdown...he's riddled with worry :(

Chappers
28-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Looks like Gizmo 'iz da maaaaaaaaaaan!' :mand:

He's gone and found the problems on the bike, fixed as best as he can with his limited tools and parts and has recommended a overall check over by a mechanic - well chuffed!