PDA

View Full Version : Sunday rideout?

bigredduke
24-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I hate to put a damper on things, but the forecast for Sunday is sh*te, :cry: heavy rain & blody cold. At the risk of being called pathetic,:twak: I have absolutely no desire to venture out on the bike even if it is supposed to be our national event. What about some indoor activities if the worse comes to the worse? or will I be the only one, in which case I'll get the Sunday papers & settle down in the warm!

logyk
24-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Well the Monaco GP will be on the tele!

Darry
24-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I hate to put a damper on things, but the forecast for Sunday is sh*te, :cry: heavy rain & blody cold. At the risk of being called pathetic,:twak: I have absolutely no desire to venture out on the bike even if it is supposed to be our national event. What about some indoor activities if the worse comes to the worse? or will I be the only one, in which case I'll get the Sunday papers & settle down in the warm!

PATHETIC! :D

Darry.

Chappers
24-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Myself and Markus had planned to show up around 9am on Sunday and go home later that night but after the conversation I've just had with him we probably won't bother.

I will have already ridden 160 miles down to him the night before then the 70 miles to Alcester plus the additional ridding during the rideout and then I've got a further 120 mile to ride home to Stockport by myself and don't fancy that in the cold and wet on my new toy that I'm not too familiar with yet :look:

Sorry to be a pansy :gay:

However, should a miracle happen and the forecast changes between now and Saturday afternoon I may change my mind :hail:

Gilps
24-05-2007, 01:27 PM
If it's really wet then I wil still be going on the rideout, but I will be in the car and the bike will be right behind me on the trailer. The engine will be running though.:ymca:

Nim
24-05-2007, 03:45 PM
You guys are losers :)

Half the fun is all having a good moan about how much water can actually fit inside your boot whilst still being able to operate the gears reasonably well....

You know its true

Nim
24-05-2007, 03:46 PM
PATHETIC! :D

Darry.

So D.....is this your working day??? checking out the monster site??

Scotty
24-05-2007, 06:21 PM
i can believe you taking notice of the weather forcast. they couldn't tell you whats going to happen in an hours time, let alone 4 days time.

bod
24-05-2007, 06:26 PM
8.30 Ladybower Resivior is anybodys intreted(mountain bikes though)!

McMONSTRO
24-05-2007, 06:52 PM
If its pi**ing it down, World Superbikes on the TV from Silverstone sounds good! Lets hope its dry though :D

McMonstro

bigredduke
24-05-2007, 07:01 PM
If its pi**ing it down, World Superbikes on the TV from Silverstone sounds good! Lets hope its dry though :D

McMonstro

Yes, but only if Dennis has Eurosport!

Shandy
24-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, but only if Dennis has Eurosport!

Ah i'm sure the bar will be open if he doesn't :dizzy:

gary tompkins
24-05-2007, 08:23 PM
The Atlantic storm

Britain is in line for its second bank holiday washout in a month, the Met Office have announced. The current dry and sunny weather will make way for a 'superstorm', which will bring heavy rain and gale-force winds. But on Sunday, things start to go really downhill. The Met Office's Barry Gromett said: "It's a bit early to be talking about things like flash floods - but there is a small risk."

It is too early to say whether the "Atlantic storm" will be one of Britain's worst ever, but forecasters warn that travel disruption and accidents are inevitable.

:Furious:

bigredduke
24-05-2007, 08:34 PM
The question is.............can I get my monster up the stairs to the third floor to share my bedroom?:idea: :scratch:

CK & AK
24-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Look, 2005:
we rode there in the wet on the Friday - arrived like drowned rats mid afternoon.
Sat: we all went on ride-outs on the sat - in the tipping rain.
Sunday: Dry & sunny :)
Monday: rode home in the hissing rain again - the long way too! :eek:

You shouldnt get wet getting there this time............

gary tompkins
24-05-2007, 10:16 PM
At least the rack on the trike is wide enough to pack a golfing brolly ;)