PDA

View Full Version : weekender

brian king
22-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum lot's of talk about this weekender thingy , but can't seem to find many details about it . Where is it ? etc !:running:

Zimbo
22-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi Brian, it's held at the Arrow Mill, a hotel on the outskirts of Arrow near Alcster, Warwickshire, this coming weekend (all weekend).

SazzaG
22-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Feel free to pop along!

If you want to stay the night, the Alcester Travelodge is just round the corner - quite a few people are staying there.

The itinerary is:

Friday - arrivals and general jollity
Saturday - ride out to a pub, followed by karting and archery, then a hog roast in the evening
Sunday - bike competition (various categories), then national rideout (worth coming for - 80 odd monsters all in one place!) ending in another pub lunch, then ride back to the mill.

If you want to join in on Saturday, just let us know, as bookings are involved. Sunday is the day to come, if you can only manage one day.

brian king
22-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanx , Zimbo just had a weekend away at snetterton so the other half wouldn't be too pleased if i said i was of for the whole weekend ! I've only had the monster a couple of weeks , really enjoying it . There is the outside chance i could sneek away for a sunday visit is there much point in that or has the fun stopped by then.

Scotty
22-05-2007, 08:52 PM
oooh are we too late to book a pitch for a tent ?

brian king
22-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Ok sazzaG thank's for the info , I will try and make it sunday but chances are I will have to plan on getting in on the weekender next year I'm booked up for a weekend at Donnington GP and i like a peacefull home life !!

scrumpster
22-05-2007, 08:58 PM
oooh are we too late to book a pitch for a tent ?

Does this mean I get those pints you owe me :mand:

Scotty
22-05-2007, 09:03 PM
not trying to look like an alcoholic or anything there ahy ?

brian king
22-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Do many members get to the ace cafe on Italian night

scrumpster
22-05-2007, 09:05 PM
not trying to look like an alcoholic or anything there ahy ?

YOUNG MAN how dare you!!!

Not been to the Ace but there are plenty who do :mand:

brian king
22-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Ok thanx all, have a blast at the weekender hope the weather's good for you I will try and get there sunday 80 monsters alltogether sounds fantastic !!

Scotty
22-05-2007, 09:16 PM
i recon 80's optamistic i recon 63

Zimbo
22-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Looks like I will be attending Sat eve / Sun morning, and I'll be bringing two, so that's 65 already :)

slob
22-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Do many members get to the ace cafe on Italian night

Try to most months

JMo
22-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi Brian - if you do get the chance to make it along on the Sunday, the National Rideout leaves the hotel at Midday (please try to be there by 11.30am, fuelled up), and will last around 1.5 hours before arriving at a pub for lunch. The lunch stop will be quite near to the M40 for those that need to head home straight away, otherwise there are various rides back to the Mill to sit in the sun and sup beer etc.

Scotty - no problem if you want to camp over the weekend - you can pay the Mill directly...

Hope to see you there!

xxx

NattyBoy
22-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Im looking more likely for a saturday stop over in gilers tent now (god help them) - can I pay for the hog roast at the last minute ?

JMo
23-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Yes at this late stage you can pay for your meal/s directly to the hotel on the day now... the Hog Roast is £15, breakfast on Sunday is £7.50...

However, technically if you are staying over at the hotel you should also pay the camping fee - the total dinner, camp and breakfast is £30 - so that's £7.50 for the pleasure of terrorising Giler (although you can of course bring your own tent if you prefer)

See you Saturday - you go-karting too?

xxx