PDA

View Full Version : Bar risers/multiplexer

Bjorn
18-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, let's have a second attempt at this one. Tried it first on the Warm-up area, but no replies. Maybe it's me.
Am planning to change to a 695. BUT, I need to raise the bars, as my back is none too flexible after 45 years of biking, and falling off them.
Bar risers: anyone any experience of what might fit? I could change the complete bars of course.
Now the crunch: if the various cables need lengthening, the hydraulics are not a problem, and maybe a new throttle cable from a Multistrada or GT1000, but the bike has a mulitplexer, and cutting and lengthening the wires is likely to upset the multiplexer, and whizzo, the bike will refuse to do anything electrical.
Anyone out there any good suggestions?

bod
18-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Can't see any problem in cutting the wires multiplex/can bus technology just uses binary data sent down the wires instead of Volts,so lenthening by a couple a inches is no problem.

Just make sure if the wires are the same colour that they are joined back correctly eg: cut one at a time!

McMONSTRO
21-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Bjorn, Genmar make bar risers for monsters and other makes, give you approx 38mm rise and 15mm pull back. Fitted some to my good ladys S2R, takes about 10 mins to fit and no throttle cable or electrical mods required

www.WoodysImportarium.com
www.EquinoxMC.co.uk

are the importers in the UK!

Hope this helps!

McMonstro

JMo
21-05-2007, 10:26 PM
The simplest way would be the change the bars - Renthal (for example) do so many varients that you're bound to find something that suits rise/sweep wise... risers would also work, but either way, much more than a couple of inches and you'll start to have problems with cable length unless the bars are very narrow...

The wiring loom should be ok as it has plenty of length around the headstock, and as McMonstro suggests, a moderate rise you'll get away with with the hoses and the throttle (althoug it might need a bit of rerouting) - but do pay careful attention to the fast idle cable as it can tug on full lock, causing your neatly executed U-turn into a wild donut if you're good (or a catastrophe if you're not...)

xxx

morphi
20-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Bjorn, Genmar make bar risers for monsters and other makes, give you approx 38mm rise and 15mm pull back. Fitted some to my good ladys S2R, takes about 10 mins to fit and no throttle cable or electrical mods required

www.WoodysImportarium.com

I have just order the bar risers today as my back is currently killing me :cry: and I am riding south of france next week. Hope it will make a difference for £70. Will post pics if you are interested.

Morphi

Bjorn
21-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi Morphi,
And many thanks to all replies.
Here's an update: Renthall bars that have my desired rise only have 200/205mm to accomodate throttle/lever clamp/switch. I measure 215mm is needed.
Genmar risers for 7/8" bars (as for the 695) raise by 25mm only.
www.1tail.com state they offer risers up 32mm and back 19mm, cost US$75.95. I have emailed them 3 questions.
Morphi, I am in SW France (northern Tarn) so if you're this way let me know and call in. Don't know how to get directions to you, but must be a way.
One thing though, I broke my wrist on Monday, so riding is no go for me for a while!
Cheers, Bjorn.

Dave G
21-06-2007, 08:11 AM
http://www.danacreechracing.com/categories/products/product-314.html

Found these on another site,though they're designed for ATV's they were installed on a monster620.

morphi
22-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Morphi,
Genmar risers for 7/8" bars (as for the 695) raise by 25mm only.

According to the Genmar websoem the riser for ducati pre-2000 does : "The risers are placed between the fork crown and the handlebars to raise the bars up 1 1/4inch (32mm) and back 3/4inch (19mm). "

I will let you know more as I received them.

Thanks for the invite Bjorn , but I think we are not going that way .. more ouest.

Morphi