PDA

View Full Version : Bike competition at Arrow Mill - Sunday

gary tompkins
18-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi All,

I've got the job of overseeing the bike competion this year, with the assistance of the lovely Mand :cool:

Catagories this year are....

BOTY (Bike of the year - trophy only) :hail:

1. best paint job
2. best bodywork modification
3 .best mechanical modification
4. Most accessorised (think "pimp my ride" on 2 wheels :eyepopping:)
5. most improved monster
6. spirito de galluzzi (the spirt of the 'Monster' award)

There will be silver engine plaques for all the awards except the BOTY

Voting will start early on Sunday in the car park, and finish just before we leave for the mass ride out. All I ask is that day visitors get to the mill early if they want their bikes to be judged please. A lot of potential winners missed out on a trophy last year because they turned up late.

The rat bike award was dropped this year as Ade has moved to Oz ;)

see you there :ukm:

Albie
18-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Gary. Do you need any Hi Vis jackets for ride out markers or is it naff. I have a couple of vest in car.
Please do not attack me for this as its a thought and likely to be edited under the fire of P"ss take ;) :spin:

Albie
18-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi All,

The rat bike award was dropped this year as Ade has moved to Oz ;)

see you there :ukm:

That would have been won by Lady Bob had she able to turn up. She really wanted it too. Bless

SazzaG
18-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Do you need any Hi Vis jackets for ride out markers or is it naff. I have a couple of vest in car.

Albie, I think it's a good idea, after the problems last year!

I'm going to bring mine as well.

As for the bike awards - bring on the sunshine! Dixxie has no chance of winning best paint job if it's cloudy. After all, who wants a brown bike?

Albie
18-05-2007, 12:58 PM
It must be said but I dont want to wear one but they are free issue. Not important I get them back. Sorry to hijack this thread btw

Mand
18-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi All,

I've got the job of overseeing the bike competion this year, with the assistance of the lovely Mand :cool:

ooo Gary! I feel a Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee moment coming on the Sunday :D

I may have to sew some sequins on to my leathers....!

gary tompkins
18-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Trike of the year award....

http://ukmonster.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1186&cat=531

oops... sorry that should be bike of the year

silly me ;)

gary tompkins
18-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Gary. Do you need any Hi Vis jackets for ride out markers or is it naff. I have a couple of vest in car.
Please do not attack me for this as its a thought and likely to be edited under the fire of P"ss take ;) :spin:

It's a good suggestion mate - but I'm not in charge of the rideout.

Suggest you PM Jmo as she is organising marshalls etc.. for the Sunday run

I also have a few hi-vis vests if needed BTW

gary tompkins
18-05-2007, 07:26 PM
ooo Gary! I feel a Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee moment coming on the Sunday :D

I may have to sew some sequins on to my leathers....!

I'll have to start practicing my wand exercises - it's all in the wrist action apparently :look:

I saw it in a Harry Potter DVD :D

Drucilla
18-05-2007, 10:05 PM
what time do you suggest visitors get to the Mill on Sunday then and what time is the rideout please?

gary tompkins
19-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Dru,

I would suggest no later than 10am (preferably earlier) if you want bike to be voted on. Can't remember what time the ride out started last year - think it was about 11am?

Hopefully Jmo will post up to confirm :scratch:

Drucilla
19-05-2007, 10:24 PM
thanks, we would hope to get there between 10 am and 11 am anyway.

JMo
21-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Stop waving that wand GT!

Answers to above: Albie - don't worry, that's not a silly idea at all - I think it would be far better to have the National Rideout marshall's in day-glo vests, not only to stand out and be easy to spot in our mirrors (ideally we want minimal overtaking during the rideout, with only the marshalls scooting down the outside to be in position at junctions etc.) - the only job will be convincing them to wear them!

Pedro usually organises a handful to marshall on the day - if anyone would like to voulenteer, please check in with Ped on the Sunday morning... we only need four or five at the most - Denis will lead the rideout and has organised a sweeper/backmarker himself.

The bike show judging usually starts at 9.30am, and votes must be in by 11.30am so that GT and Mand have time to count them before we leave for the rideout.

Dru - the National Ridout will leave the Mill at Midday, and Denis likes everyone to be assembled in the carpark (already fuelled up) by 11.30am, so we can have a quick briefing beforehand and leave without a mad scramble...

Ooooooooh it's all getting very exciting isn't it?!

See you there!

Jen x

JMo
21-05-2007, 02:57 PM
ps. I'll be posting up a full schedule in the Weekender section shortly (for those who wish to copy and print out), just got to finalise the times of the various events...

xxx

JMo
21-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Catagories this year are....

1. best paint job
2. best bodywork modification
3 .best mechanical modification
4. Most accessorised (think "pimp my ride" on 2 wheels :eyepopping:)
5. most improved monster
6. spirito de galluzzi (the spirt of the 'Monster' award)

Might I suggest that no.2 not only includes the body panels (and accessories like belly pans) but essentially any cosmetic modification? - that way any fancy wheels, headlight units or machined clutch/belt covers etc. could also be included?

Exhausts would come under Mechanical modification, along with brakes and suspension, and third wheels etc.

xxx

gary tompkins
21-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Jmo,

I'll revise catagory No.2 to "best cosmetic modification", and clarify on the day what that includes so everyone knows the score. Better get my finger out and print the voting slips - 4 days and counting :D

Albie
21-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I will put some " LIPPY " on my exhaust ends then:biggrin: :biggrin:

DavidEJM
23-05-2007, 08:44 PM
I know I've come to this late but, is it open to visitors not on monsters? I don't think I'll be able to get my service done by then and my riding is still a bit rusty for the ride out anyway but I may be able to drive up to have a look at the bikes.

gary tompkins
23-05-2007, 09:01 PM
David,

The competition is open to all for voting - you just need a monster to enter :)

Zimbo
23-05-2007, 09:49 PM
My DD bike will be present, shame the rat bike award has been scrapped, after a 100mph visit to the Mallory gravel on Sunday it's have that well and truly sewn up!!! :)
Looking forward to seeing some fantastic machines, some high standards going to be set this year I reckon!

Scotty
23-05-2007, 10:08 PM
ahh since the rat bike 'award' has gone i feel safe attending now :look:

Paranoid Dave
24-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Real shame as Pudding Head might have had that one to look forward to, don't tell her I said that ;)

slob
24-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Bring back the (Ade Campbell) Ratbike Award!

It's so much worthier than 'Most accessorised' bike, even if it was subverted and abused last year.

JMo
24-05-2007, 07:11 AM
I know I've come to this late but, is it open to visitors not on monsters? I don't think I'll be able to get my service done by then and my riding is still a bit rusty for the ride out anyway but I may be able to drive up to have a look at the bikes.

As GT says - you are more than welcome to attend on another bike, and join the National Rideout too if you like (at the back of course x) - be good to have you along!

xxx

JMo
24-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Isn't it ironic that with everyone working so hard on their project bikes for this year, there are also more ratters than ever?!

We might be able to sort something...

xxx

Stafford
24-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Is there an award for " I haven't really done much to mine cos I love it that's why I bought it" ? :biggrin:

SazzaG
24-05-2007, 07:46 AM
I think mine would get the "most work done by JMo on a bike other than her own" award - also known as the "Jen, I've bought these bits for my bike, could you possibly...." award.

Screwdriver? What's that?

Paranoid Dave
24-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Milla's still a work in progress and will be til next winter, but at least things are moving in the right direction.

there's a few bikes I'm looking forward to seeing this year, and it's nice to know they've been done by the owner and not by a mechanic with a large bank account.

DavidEJM
24-05-2007, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Zimbo;207833]My DD bike will be present, shame the rat bike award has been scrapped, after a 100mph visit to the Mallory gravel on Sunday it's have that well and truly sewn up!!! :)
[QUOTE]
A mate of mine had an off at Mallory at the weekend and bust his wrist! Bit of a tricky track?

DavidEJM
24-05-2007, 07:31 PM
As GT says - you are more than welcome to attend on another bike, and join the National Rideout too if you like (at the back of course x) - be good to have you along!

xxx

How about if I turn up in a car? It is Italian!

Gilps
24-05-2007, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Zimbo;207833]My DD bike will be present, shame the rat bike award has been scrapped, after a 100mph visit to the Mallory gravel on Sunday it's have that well and truly sewn up!!! :)
[QUOTE]
A mate of mine had an off at Mallory at the weekend and bust his wrist! Bit of a tricky track?

That wouldn't be Kev would it? There's nothing wrong with Mallory. It's the friendly circuit. Zimbo just needs to slow down a bit.

DavidEJM
24-05-2007, 09:54 PM
That'd be Kev. I get my car serviced at his place. Nasty off he had.

Zimbo
24-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I know, he came off directly in front of me! Not nice, he's a real nice genuine guy and very enthusiastic, he'll be back as soon as it's healed I'm sure!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/des0705_0528.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i148/zimbo16/des0705_0529.jpg

gary tompkins
25-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Back on topic....

I've printed about a 100 voting slips which should be plenty

If peeps are gagging to vote for a rat then I suggest they add it at the bottom, and we'll sort a prize of some sort.

CU there in about 5 hours