PDA

View Full Version : Nessie doesn't like things!!!

banditloon
15-05-2007, 07:27 PM
As my girlfriend has 'buggered' off to Malta for a week (sitting on a beach today, so she happily told me!!), I decided to stay in the wilds of WOT and have a tinker with the things in my garage.

The usual, get the Bandit out, pull the brake lever, remember the calipers aren't connected to the bike (they are now!!) then swear lots again! Bandit on centre stand, Nessie on paddock stands, tools out, arrange the essentials and get ready to work!

I was looking for a rucksack, damn bikes in the way of all the tat at the back of my garage. Anyway, oil checked, plugs changed on Nessie, looked at the Blandit and gave up and decided to see how bad the fuel leak is from the petrol tank.

Tank open, coils fall out....

Thats not right...

Locate bolt that should be holding the coils to the air box, well one at least, under the battery. Battery disconnected, taken out, coils re-attached to the air box. Decided to clean the air filter as well, then adjust the gear lever, check the air pressures, talk to my garage neighbour about 595s and 955s, some polishing.........................

List goes on :chuckle:

So much for a quick simple job in the garage tonight. Was in the garage at 4.30pm, got home at 8pm. Stupid bikes!! :chuckle:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/IMG_0012.jpg

Kato
15-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Went out to my garage today with new shock tucked under my arm sat and looked at the job for about 1/2 hour went back in had a cup of tea, went out again locked up the garage job not even started lazy sod:chuckle:

banditloon
15-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh I forogt the slow ride round Sainsburys car park at 6000 revs as well :chuckle:

Went out to my garage today with new shock tucked under my arm sat and looked at the job for about 1/2 hour went back in had a cup of tea, went out again locked up the garage job not even started lazy sod:chuckle:

Should've locked the garage and gone to the pub ;) :chuckle:

Kato
15-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Is nessie going to ryka's tomorrow night??

banditloon
15-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Is nessie going to ryka's tomorrow night??

Ooooo theres an idea :D

Hopefully pop down for a brew, I still owe you a brew sir :thumbsup:

Kato
15-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I'll be heading out about 1/4 to 7 if your around if not see ya there..

banditloon
15-05-2007, 07:51 PM
:thumbsup: Hopefully the wet stuff will disappear tomorrow then ;)

SazzaG
15-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Even Dixxie got some attention today!

Wheeled from the back of the garage to the front, 'cos the garage light is rubbish. Up on the paddock stand, counted the teeth on the rear sprocket (twice, just to be sure), made a note of the front tyre model, then off the stand and back inside.

May even get round to riding her soon - who knows!

Saz

banditloon
15-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Is it "Monster Attention Day" today?? :chuckle:

Scotty
15-05-2007, 08:43 PM
uh snaped an exhaust stud this evening :(

Shandy
15-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm so jealous, stuck indoors with a cast on me arm not be able to do any tinkering in the garage :banghead:

I know what you mean about things escalating, a couple of times over winter i was in the garage at 10pm freezing my arse off!!!!

Bummer about the stud Scotty hope its an easy one to get out for you :rolleyes:

banditloon
15-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I know what you mean about things escalating, a couple of times over winter i was in the garage at 10pm freezing my arse off!!!!

Luckily I have no power facilities at my garage, otherwise I would be over there until 10pm :D Hopefully getting a generator soon though :thumbsup:

uh snaped an exhaust stud this evening :(

:thumbsdown: I cross threaded the negative terminal screw on the battery tonight :( Not as serious as your problem though Scotty :( Hope its all sorted soon.

gremlin
15-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Just went down to the garage to give opinion on custom tail end for the Max,and noticed my poor baby is covered in cobwebs, so is the Fazer. I couldn't get to her to clean them off either. Tail looks cool though, not bad for a home made thingy, it's only at plaster stage but has potential.

Albie
15-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Luckily I have no power facilities at my garage, otherwise I would be over there until 10pm :D Hopefully getting a generator soon though :thumbsup:

I see woolworths selling them around about £50 0r no more than £70 the other day. 800w 2 stroke 240v