PDA

View Full Version : What essentials for the Weekender ?

J.P
15-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanking ahead to next weekend I was wondering what sort of stuff I'll need to take with me. I suppose I'll be travelling very light because I've only got a panniers and a tank bag, but what would you be taking ?

Ruth
15-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, breathing apparatus for a start.
(in case you have to spend any time in the same building as Didge).

:mand:

J.P
15-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Do you think Didge gets too hard a time Ruthie ?

slob
15-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Do you think Didge gets too hard a time Ruthie ?

I take it you are unaquainted with the man JP?

scrumpster
15-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanking ahead to next weekend I was wondering what sort of stuff I'll need to take with me. I suppose I'll be travelling very light because I've only got a panniers and a tank bag, but what would you be taking ?

Panniers and a tank bag!!! All I have is my back pack, so a small pair of shoes, trousers, a couple of t shirts and a change or two of underwear :eyepopping: Maybe a few toiletries but no hair dryer :(

J.P
15-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Slob, I actually have had the honour to meet Didge, but only in the open air !

And Scumpsterr, boy, you travel very light indeed. I hop eI can keep it that sparse.

bigredduke
15-05-2007, 12:18 PM

waterproofs, umbrella, towels, changes of clothes, (the first two on the list can be replaced by a car) lots of money because new members are obliged to buy everyone drinks:yoparty:

giler
15-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Beer tokens, toothbrush, beer tokens, clean grundies, beer tokens,
deodorant and a few beer tokens!!

Mand
15-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, breathing apparatus for a start.
(in case you have to spend any time in the same building as Didge).

:mand:

:chuckle: :chuckle:

Al wears a respirator at work, maybe he could supply a job lot for the weekender? :D

J.P
15-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I've a portable aqua-lung in the shed. Will that do Mand ?

J.P
15-05-2007, 12:40 PM
And surely Bigredduke, it's the regulars that should show the way to the bar to new members and lead by example ?

Mand
15-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I've a portable aqua-lung in the shed. Will that do Mand ?

It is advisable. Ruth speaks the truth...

Shandy
15-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Beer tokens, toothbrush, beer tokens, clean grundies, beer tokens,
deodorant and a few beer tokens!!

Deodorant what for you don't normally bother :D

I think you misted out one lot of beer tokens though mate!!

Mand
15-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Deodorant what for you don't normally bother :D

Blimey, another reason to bring a respirator then? Scary.

Plum
15-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Also, Paracetemol would be a good idea. Especially if you end up having a drink with BoozyBob. I did the the year i went and that sod gave me one of the worst hangovers i have ever had. I always blame it on the pint of Guinness he bought me and nothing to do with the 8 or so i had prior

Lucky sods all of you....wish i was coming again......Mind you there is next year, and even the wife suggested i go back instead of Le Mans

BoozyBOB
15-05-2007, 05:20 PM
just bring a big wallet.... and like plum said a good hangover cure..(or just stay drunk):booze: :rolleyes:

banditloon
15-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Just remembered it's my b'day on B/H Monday!!! :spin:

Bugger.. Not going to the weekender :(

Didge
15-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I will take no responsibility for damage caused to peoples resporatory systems, if they do not take precautions to protect themselves.
I will cease my venting for no one.
So, for the newbies, I offer this advice. Eye protection might be a good idea, as some of the victims...er..UKMOC members, have suffered watering eyes. Also, as has been mentioned by a few others, full breathing protection may be required by those of a more nervous disposition, as it's not just a case of smelling the vapour. Some of my stronger (read thicker) emissions are capable of being tasted.:)
As for myself, I will ensure adequate change of undercrackers, as I'm not getting any younger, and I cannot guarantee an accident free area.

Headhunter
15-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Just remembered it's my b'day on B/H Monday!!! :spin:

Bugger.. Not going to the weekender :(

Shame your not going to the weekender. Would have been good to meet ya.

Happy Birthday for Monday though - will raise a glass or two.

gary tompkins
15-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Camera, Alka seltza's and a military spec NBC suit if your planning of sitting within 100 yds of Didge.... Oh and don't forget to pack a sense of humour.

If you forget anything I'm sure that Gadget will have a spare stored in his Tardis tankbag?

J.P
15-05-2007, 09:01 PM
101 yards from Didge seems the most appropriate place to be.

GULLY
15-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi J.P
check list. Beer,cloths,toothbrush and one pair of clean shocks:eyepopping:

gully

CK & AK
15-05-2007, 09:20 PM
With 2 panniers & a tank bag, you are set for 2 weeks, not just 2 or 3 nights :D

Oooh, just remembering what I can get into just 2 panniers...... 3 complete changes of clothes inc a fleecy jacket, plenty of spare sox & undies - I just hate soggy undies;) if it keeps raining:eek: swimmers, towel, wash bag, make up bag, 2 pairs of shoes (or substitute a pair of trainers for 1 pair shoes) 1 pair heeled boots, hair dryer, 3rd pair of gloves, plastic bags (to put grubby stuff in, or protect from rain seepage)
In a v small, lightweight bag, I carry my all-in-one waterproofs & spare pair of gloves for wet weather - oh, and spare ciggys :D

C'mon J.P - you could offer to help some of the ladies out by transporting their stuff :D ;)

C

banditloon
15-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Shame your not going to the weekender. Would have been good to meet ya.

Happy Birthday for Monday though - will raise a glass or two.

:thumbsup:

I may pop up on a day pass ;) Depending on motocross work

J.P
16-05-2007, 07:31 AM
ok, so maybe I've more luguage space than I need, but I'm a modern man, I need my beauty products !

stuartg
16-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Loads of drink money, cigarettes, alka seltzer and ant bite cream, it's a long story :D

Mand
17-05-2007, 12:56 PM
ant bite cream, it's a long story :D

I hope there isn't any ants in my room!

:biggrin:

stuartg
17-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Or in your pants :shocked:

markus
17-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Or in your pants
Stuart - you told me that's what gives Mand her smile.......

Didge
17-05-2007, 03:26 PM

I can always provide a fumigation service if there is. You only have to ask.:thumbsup:

Shandy
17-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I can always provide a fumigation service if there is. You only have to ask.:thumbsup:

yeah but won't that make it uninhabital to all life forms on the planet :mand:

Nim
17-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Im packing my crazies, and that's it....im sure i can borrow a hair dryer (or a pole?!?) if necessary

Didge
17-05-2007, 10:47 PM
yeah but won't that make it uninhabital to all life forms on the planet :mand:

Only for a week or so, if the room is thoroughly aired out. Mand and Alex would be ok though, as apparantly, all the Weekender regulars will be packing chemical suits.
They'd better anyway, because just lately, the fug I produce has gotten a little on the 'strong' side.:)

Stafford
18-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Only for a week or so, if the room is thoroughly aired out. Mand and Alex would be ok though, as apparantly, all the Weekender regulars will be packing chemical suits.
They'd better anyway, because just lately, the fug I produce has gotten a little on the 'strong' side.:)

I'm just getting very worried now :on:

Mand
18-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Stuart - you told me that's what gives Mand her smile.......

Damn I've been found out.

stuartg
18-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Damn I've been found out.

Uh oh. Words out now. Would you adam n eve it

gremlin
18-05-2007, 09:48 PM
At rallies I've been to it's been beer money, clean undies as I can't bear wearing knickers for more than a day, paracetamol, clean t shirts (for those jokers who like pouring beer down your front) at least one pair of clean jeans, comfy shoes, coffee making facilities (can't do without that first coffee). I've managed to get stuff in one large back pack but I have to travel light when we work away so I guess I'm used to it. Just wish I was going but everything has conspired against me this year, but next year hopefully!:biggrin: :biggrin:

scrumpster
18-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Im packing my crazies, and that's it....im sure i can borrow a hair dryer (or a pole?!?) if necessary

Nim, I was banking on you bringing yours!!!! :eyepopping:

gary tompkins
19-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Forgot to add Ralgex and sanatogen :o

scrumpster
20-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Forgot to add Ralgex and sanatogen :o

And Ibuprofen for my achey left hip :look:

Shandy
20-05-2007, 11:25 AM
And Ibuprofen for my achey left hip :look:

and a case load of that with me for my right hip, wrist, knee, leg, shoulder neck etc, etc.............i'm finding nurofen+ the best one at the mo :thumbsup:

scrumpster
20-05-2007, 11:27 AM
and a case load of that with me for my right hip, wrist, knee, leg, shoulder neck etc, etc.............i'm finding nurofen+ the best one at the mo :thumbsup:

Shandy, tip for you Ibuprofen boots or anyone else's own brand is exactly same a nurofen and a whole lot cheaper and I think they do the plus and you can take paracetamol in between unless the plus has paracetamol in then you can't!! My left hip needs sorting, not sure what I have done to it, but will put it down to age :cry:

Shandy
20-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Shandy, tip for you Ibuprofen boots or anyone else's own brand is exactly same a nurofen and a whole lot cheaper and I think they do the plus and you can take paracetamol in between unless the plus has paracetamol in then you can't!! My left hip needs sorting, not sure what I have done to it, but will put it down to age :cry:

I'll give the boots own a try, i've been relying on others to buy for me so i've left them with instructions 'get me the strongest they do in the shop!!!!' Been taking paracetamol too in between. Probably should have stopped drinking but that's not likely to happen :chuckle:

bigredduke
20-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Swollen ankle? then try Ibuprofen boots!

Nim
21-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Nim, I was banking on you bringing yours!!!! :eyepopping:

Scrumpster!!! this is a serious conversation we should be having.....i mean, wash hair, put lid on wet hair.....you can see where this is going. you know what, at the risk of having the chronic p*@s taken out of me, i may pack the ole hair dryer

gremlin
21-05-2007, 01:23 PM
If you're desperate for really strong pain relief I could send you some of mine, they're synthetic morphine. Will make you do very silly things if you drink too much though.:D :D It will also cut down the drinks bill cos it doesn't take as much alcohol to get you squiffy.

squiffything
21-05-2007, 01:56 PM
.... it doesn't take as much alcohol to get you squiffy.

hello did someone mention me and alcohol in the same breath :)

gremlin
21-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Could alcohol be the reason for your name by any chance? I just think it's a lovely way to describe the effects of imbibing too much!

squiffything
21-05-2007, 02:55 PM
No it was taken from my old cat Though she was a drunken ol soap most of the time

Didge
21-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I can destroy ALL pain. I can make it all go away, very rapidly. Just ask some of the Weekender regulars.:)

Shandy
21-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I can destroy ALL pain. I can make it all go away, very rapidly. Just ask some of the Weekender regulars.:)

From what i've heard you'll cause a small dose of death not pain relief :chuckle: :chuckle:

The gas mask is packed and ready for the weekend :look:

Ruth
22-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Scrumpster!!! this is a serious conversation we should be having.....i mean, wash hair, put lid on wet hair.....you can see where this is going. you know what, at the risk of having the chronic p*@s taken out of me, i may pack the ole hair dryer

There should be a hairdryer in your room (i phoned before i went to the mill for the first time because i was having the hairdryer dilemma :o )

Ruth

SimonH
22-05-2007, 04:39 PM
There should be a hairdryer in your room (i phoned before i went to the mill for the first time because i was having the hairdryer dilemma :o )

Ruth

Yeah I have a hairdryer dilemma too............................ I'll burn my head!

Mind you it's a Ducati meeting. Surely all you take is gold Amex card

See you soon XXXXX

Simon

Nim
23-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Ruth

Thanks :) Although i havent used one in years and am likely to just scald a few stray hairs.....should be fun :)

gary tompkins
23-05-2007, 12:13 PM
If the metcheck forecast for Sunday & Monday is accurate - I would pack the brolly, waterproofs and a spare set of gloves for the ride home?

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=B49%205NL%20&day=4

:cens: :cens: :cens:

stuartg
23-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Dont be a girl Gary. Jeans and a T shirt will do ya

Mand
23-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Dont be a girl Gary. Jeans and a T shirt will do ya

awwww that avatar! Fantastic!

stuartg
23-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I might borra Meery's brolley in case its rainin cats n dogs

Mand
23-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Well I can pack plenty in my special MP bag! :mand:

stuartg
23-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Strewff !! We seem to ave ijacked the fred Meeery

bigredduke
23-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Ohmygod! Having looked at Metcheck, thermals and waterproofs 'cos it's back to winter on Sunday & for the journey home on Monday.:hissy:

Put Alcester into www.metcheck.com and weep! Just look at the temperatures they are predicting!:(

Looking more & more like a Monster on a trailer & a nice warm car for bigfatduke!:gay:

scrumpster
23-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks :) Although i havent used one in years and am likely to just scald a few stray hairs.....should be fun :)

Nim I look like a helmet head even when I haven't been wearing one but I'm glad there are dryers in the rooms, I forgot that bit, even though I must have used one last time!!! :o

scrumpster
23-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Ohmygod! Having looked at Metcheck, thermals and waterproofs 'cos it's back to winter on Sunday & for the journey home on Monday.:hissy:

Put Alcester into www.metcheck.com and weep! Just look at the temperatures they are predicting!:(

Looking more & more like a Monster on a trailer & a nice warm car for bigfatduke!:gay:

NO NO NO it's gonna be tropical!!!!:look:

Nim
23-05-2007, 10:52 PM
you're all bastards putting a dampener on the weekend. it will be sunny and THAT'S IT!!! ok???? :)