PDA

View Full Version : Monsters of Norfolk (and Suffolk) unite!!!!

neilbaldry
13-05-2007, 11:26 PM
this thursday (if the weather aint too bad) im going to a new dealers that opened up in Lowestoft. they arent a Ducati dealer, but there is a woman there whos just bought a tangerene S2R! me and Bodybag will be there as they have got a diner area at the back! and if they have got a big telly, then i might plan on going there this weekend as im sure there is a motogp race on, no?

so come on, whos with me?!

Nonnie
14-05-2007, 06:30 AM
What time Neil? I'm off Thursday (so far)

neilbaldry
14-05-2007, 09:25 AM
it will probs be afternoon

squiffything
14-05-2007, 01:04 PM
:( no can do coz it's work time for me oh and the ickle monster is still poorly Tried to have a look at the spark plugs at the weekend but couldn't shift em with the spanner they give you in the tool kit and I don't have any tools to do the job.

One day I will get it to the garage and have it serviced.......

Nonnie
14-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm tied in to school times Neil so unless it's about midday or thereabouts, I'll struggle to be back in time. Hope it works out though.

Squiffy, what do you need? I bet Dave's got it.

squiffything
14-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I have no idea as to what's wrong Slob said to check the sparks as they may need changing but as I said I can't get at em. Poor little thing starts but then hardly manages to stay on tickover I don't want to run it in case I stop miles from anywhere. I'm only little don't forget and could never push it home lol

benson
15-05-2007, 06:51 AM
If you get a proper plug spanner, the sort that sits over the head of the plug then you can pretty much swing on the thing until it turns - and don't forget, a liberal coating of WD40 to loosen it first will more than likely help - when I had to shift the sparks on my BMW it took me and the next door neighbour - picture the enormous turnip story but substitute turnip for sparkplug! Having the right tool will certainly help sir!!! (and size does matter...)

squiffything
15-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks Benson my Sarah keeps telling me that and she's a happy girl now :) I think I will look out for a BIG spanner to do the job properly

Capo
15-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Baldry, are you doing the track day?

neilbaldry
15-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Capo, i am not, good sir. I have been pretty much raped for money by various 3rd parties these past 2 months, and i cant afford it im afraid.

johnnystorm
15-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I have no idea as to what's wrong Slob said to check the sparks as they may need changing but as I said I can't get at em. Poor little thing starts but then hardly manages to stay on tickover I don't want to run it in case I stop miles from anywhere. I'm only little don't forget and could never push it home lol

I got a plug spanner from halfords for 3 quid that fits a treat on my 600, is the 900 engine much different? I had similar issues but a fresh set of plugs and was was well again in Monsterland!

I'm tied by School hours as well, what time were you likely to be there until? I stopped to have a look out of hours the other night as they returned from a ride, seem nice enough people.

squiffything
15-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I got a plug spanner from halfords for 3 quid that fits a treat on my 600, is the 900 engine much different? I had similar issues but a fresh set of plugs and was was well again in Monsterland!

A 900 engine?! I could never ride something that dangerous I'd Kill meself Mine's a little ol 620 just right for the vertically challenged. Methinks a pop along to Halfords might just be in order

:Furious: Neil you let us down that man save up some pennies sell the gun that army lot gave you sell your granny do anything you have to but get to the trackday you of all people would love it and the two nights of entertainment either side.

Gim
15-05-2007, 02:00 PM
SCATS do a3/8 socket set for 15 quid that has a PROPER plug socket of the right size included(it reaches into th bowels of an s4r !)...annd you get all those other sockets and ratchets as well !
Rob

johnnystorm
15-05-2007, 09:05 PM
A 900 engine?! I could never ride something that dangerous I'd Kill meself Mine's a little ol 620 just right for the vertically challenged. Methinks a pop along to Halfords might just be in order

Where on earth did I get the idea you were man enough for a 900? ;)

neilbaldry
15-05-2007, 10:01 PM
i wasnt planning a ride out, just a park up, meet and chat!

alas i would come to the trackday, but hell, there is so much more i gotta fork out on, other than the 120 quid fee. there would be the petrol, the night time drinking, the petrol coming home, the new tyres i would need. and thats not entering into hte equation im nearly 200 miles and 2 months over the 6000 mile/ 12 month service. plus i have my other hobby to feed!

i was planning on leaving Dereham at about midday. lookingon the bbc website, looks like the weather will be good. dry with sunny intervals, and a high of 21 degrees!

neilbaldry
15-05-2007, 10:02 PM
p.s it would take about 45 mins casual riding to get from Dereham to Lowestoft

neilbaldry
16-05-2007, 01:12 PM
righty then, is anoynie coming? if not im gonna put it off for another day.

squiffything
17-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Well I got me a plug spanner and some plugs checked the spanner fitted the plugs in the shop and was set. Got home went to unscrew the plugs and the spanner was too big Damn! got the tool kit one out and with a little help from a long handled screwdriver managed to remove the old plugs ooooo they were black. Gave them to Sarah to wash with the dishes (I recycle don't ya know) and put in the new plugs. Started the bike and it still coughed and spluttered for a little while then settled down and after a while wound back the choke and it purred nicely with the usual revving up when I twisted the giggle leaver.

Wayhey I'm now a fully fledged bike repairer/technical wizzard/mechanical bloke. OK Zimbo, CK and AK, Gilps when do you want me to start on the team? :)

But Neil I'm still working all day today so no meetup i'm afraid oh and soz for slightly adding to your thread, hope it's ok

Capo
17-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Capo, i am not, good sir. I have been pretty much raped for money by various 3rd parties these past 2 months, and i cant afford it im afraid.
I'm trailering the bike down early doors on the day, if you want to come along for the day your most welcome. You will get to meet some of the UKMOC members and see some nice motorcycles including the new hypermotard.