PDA

View Full Version : problem

Scotty
12-05-2007, 10:51 PM
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1679&d=1179009141

and solution ... ?

linkey (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190109427610&rd=1&rd=1)

gjfevans
12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
What happened there then?

Pegleg Pete
12-05-2007, 10:53 PM
By 'eck

Armour plated pheasant?

slob
12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Unexpected brick? What's the front one look like?

NBs
13-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Could do with a clean!

Gadget
13-05-2007, 05:16 AM
The broken one has 5 spokes and the one on ebay has 3. It will look rather odd methinks.

Gilps
13-05-2007, 06:09 AM
The cracked one looks like one of them new-fangled 5 spoke Marchesini jobs, and the ebay one is a Brembo. If you are after a gold rear brembo in used but good condition I know where there is one, should be a bit less than that too.

Scotty
13-05-2007, 08:14 AM
umm there 'may have been' a low speed falling off incident the bike slideing round and reversing into a curb

as my bike is far from cosmetically perfect im not too bothgered about number of spokes or colour just cheap replacment

so Gilps , how much, and can i come and pick it up today ?

scrumpster
13-05-2007, 11:05 AM
umm there 'may have been' a low speed falling off incident the bike slideing round and reversing into a curb

as my bike is far from cosmetically perfect im not too bothgered about number of spokes or colour just cheap replacment

You come off again????

Scotty
13-05-2007, 11:16 AM
You come off again????

Again ? thats a slur on my reputation :twak:

oh and just for some extra confustion

http://www.drscott.plus.com/split.jpg

Gilps
13-05-2007, 12:18 PM

It's not mine any longer. I needed a later type front wheel for my DD bike and bought a front and rear together. They were both silver. Louigi fitted the new silver one to the front, leaving me with a gold rear, so he swapped the tyres over, fitted the silver rear, and then bought the gold rear one off me so he has that. I have the gold front, small spindle. Are you keeping up? So, you need to contact Rich at Louigi Moto on 01761 453366. He won't be open today though, although he is often down there. Give him a try.

Scotty
13-05-2007, 01:07 PM
ooh for a DD bike eh

wont be a 5.5 rear then ?

or am i not keeping up so you now have a 5 spoke gold front on your DDer

confused yes i am

Gilps
13-05-2007, 02:30 PM
ooh for a DD bike eh

wont be a 5.5 rear then ?

or am i not keeping up so you now have a 5 spoke gold front on your DDer

confused yes i am

The two wheels that I bought were the silver ones now fitted to my DD bike, they came off a 916/996. Rich/Louigi now has the rear bronze/gold one off my DD bike, and I still have the front bronze/gold one with the original smaller spindle size for the very early forks. I upgraded my front wheel because I fitted the later forks to give me twin discs, and the later forks have the larger spindle size, as used on the 916/996 and others.
I think Rich had to swap the 916 silver rear that I gave him for a Monster silver one as I think they are different widths. So he should have a 916 silver wheel and a SS/Monster gold wheel.
I won't go into where I got the discs and calipers from as it gets difficult to follow at that point.:)
Give Rich a ring, he may even have the 5 spoke that you are after.

yellowfever
13-05-2007, 02:33 PM
You should be able to pick up a rear wheel pretty cheap if you keep looking. It's the front ones that are in demand and they are the ones that usually get damaged in a crash (I speak from spending nearly a year finding a matching front wheel for my M600 following a track day crash - meanwhile I could have picked up any number of rear wheels for next to nothing). So well done on crashing backwards, I'll have to learn how to do that....

Zimbo
13-05-2007, 04:04 PM
The two wheels that I bought were the silver ones now fitted to my DD bike, they came off a 916/996. Rich/Louigi now has the rear bronze/gold one off my DD bike, and I still have the front bronze/gold one with the original smaller spindle size for the very early forks. I upgraded my front wheel because I fitted the later forks to give me twin discs, and the later forks have the larger spindle size, as used on the 916/996 and others.
I think Rich had to swap the 916 silver rear that I gave him for a Monster silver one as I think they are different widths. So he should have a 916 silver wheel and a SS/Monster gold wheel.
I won't go into where I got the discs and calipers from as it gets difficult to follow at that point.:)
Give Rich a ring, he may even have the 5 spoke that you are after.

I may be wrong of course, but aren't 916/996 rear wheels completely different to monster rear wheels? The 9*6 has a single sided swinging arm. As far as I'm aware they are totally incompatiable.

Gilps
13-05-2007, 04:10 PM
I may be wrong of course, but aren't 916/996 rear wheels completely different to monster rear wheels? The 9*6 has a single sided swinging arm. As far as I'm aware they are totally incompatiable.

That's dead right. This is where it gets confusing, for me anyway. I kept the silver front wheel. I couldn't use the silver rear on the rear coz it was off a 916 so Rich bought it off me. But I had a gold rear and wanted a silver one to match my new front. So Rich swapped my gold rear with a spare silver one that he had. So he now has my original gold rear which may be of some use to Scotty, and he has a silver 916 rear which is probably of no use to anybody on here. Well maybe Shandy.

Scotty
13-05-2007, 04:11 PM
yes and im confusing the gold set with the silverset

far be it from to try and confuse the issue further

il gona have a punt on this ebay item then if unsucsessfull be phoneing louigi come monday

Zimbo
13-05-2007, 04:21 PM
That's dead right. This is where it gets confusing, for me anyway. I kept the silver front wheel. I couldn't use the silver rear on the rear coz it was off a 916 so Rich bought it off me. But I had a gold rear and wanted a silver one to match my new front. So Rich swapped my gold rear with a spare silver one that he had. So he now has my original gold rear which may be of some use to Scotty, and he has a silver 916 rear which is probably of no use to anybody on here. Well maybe Shandy.

Ah, all becoming more clear.
The only problem with the ex-DD rear wheel rich has of yours is that it's the narrow 5J rim, as used for 160 width tyres, and the small spindle whereas Scotty's is likely to be large spindle and 5.5J for 170/180 tyres. Other than that it'll be somewhere near perfect! :)

Shandy
13-05-2007, 04:23 PM

It may well be of use, if only it was a gold 916 one!!!! But ive not seen the bike yet so i may want a front one also in gold, or a pair in silver, but still for a 916 ;) Bloody hell ive gone and confused myself again, im off to the fridge for beer to wash down my pain killers with :D

Hope you get your bike sorted soon Scotty and that you weren't bashed up with it.

Cheers,

Shandy

dlloyduk
13-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Scotty, If you try Roosters at New Kyo, he is breaking a Supersport 900 something or other. His stuff is pretty cheap.
Tell him I sent you, he will know me as the person on the Monster who told him about the Ultimap ECU. And then donated lots of Gilera runner spares to! Please dont ask I,ve said enuf already!

Ah a phone number: 01207 284000

http://www.roostersalvage.com

Scotty
13-05-2007, 07:32 PM
ahh i 'won' on ebay im £120 down but one wheel up

Gilps
13-05-2007, 07:36 PM
ahh i 'won' on ebay im £120 down but one wheel up

Blimey, I got a front and back for that. Is it the 5 spoke you got?

Scotty
13-05-2007, 07:45 PM
nope

think you got a deal there

as ever a bloke will pay twice the price for something he neeeeeeds

humm with hind sight it was ebay feever wasnt it doh :dizzy:

Gilps
13-05-2007, 08:10 PM
nope

think you got a deal there

as ever a bloke will pay twice the price for something he neeeeeeds

humm with hind sight it was ebay feever wasnt it doh :dizzy:

I wouldn't worry, I do it all the time. The occasional bargain just dulls the pain.;)

gremlin
13-05-2007, 09:20 PM
It happens all the time, when I bought my last two ferrets I paid double what I'd paid for the first one. I was going to have them come hell and high water. It was at a proper auction though and the red mist set in:(