PDA

View Full Version : Dear Agony Aunt

gremlin
09-05-2007, 09:59 PM
His nibs is doing a max, the usual fat rear end, R1 forks etc, it's quite a slow process because he has done up my bike as well. He decided he didn't want the average tail because he didn't like the standard one and as he doesn't intend to have a pillion he wanted something a tad different, so he has embarked on a mission.
He made a model out of polystyrene and plaster, cast it in plaster and didn't like the finish, so for the past two days he has made a new mould and raided the house for every candle he could find to make a wax model, to make a new mould, which he can then cast to make a fibreglass tail piece. My brain is numb and if we have a power cut we're stuffed cos I haven't got a candle to my name. AAAAAGH Is this normal bike person behaviour. :scratch: :freak:

Chris & Nean
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I aint being nosy here gremlin but your guy seems a resourceful kinda bloke with all this stuff he’s up too, what’s his trade exactly?

banditloon
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Sounds better than my usual "make something out of cable ties" routine :thumbsup:

gremlin
09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
He's actually a very good bathroom and kitchen designer/installer but can turn his hand to anything, he loves creating his own stuff rather than buying it. Unfortunately this means that things I have earmarked get used for different purposes! He made the wider swing arm for the max cos he would rather make it than buy it, which considering it's shaft driven aint too bad. Bless him. Trouble is he scraps so much stuff because he's a perfectionist. We've got cool lights in the house too because we couldn't find what we were looking for.

Pegleg Pete
09-05-2007, 10:42 PM
We've got cool lights in the house too because we couldn't find what we were looking for.

Did you find everything once you got them installed? I couldnt find anything before I got mine. Theres even a dial on my lightswitch where when its set to halfway you can only find half of the stuff you need. Although now I think of it, I think my lights are faulty because sometimes I cant find something that was definately where I left it....

gremlin
09-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Did you find everything once you got them installed? I couldnt find anything before I got mine. Theres even a dial on my lightswitch where when its set to halfway you can only find half of the stuff you need. Although now I think of it, I think my lights are faulty because sometimes I cant find something that was definately where I left it....

she leaves herself wide open everytime.....:D :D :D
Mr G

Chris & Nean
09-05-2007, 10:58 PM
i got the impretion it was plumbing or somthing like that, bathrooms is hard graft and it takes for ever, the tiling the plumbing the flooring lighting and then the costomer might or might not like it all when its done, a hell of a job lol

gremlin
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
i got the impretion it was plumbing or somthing like that, bathrooms is hard graft and it takes for ever, the tiling the plumbing the flooring lighting and then the costomer might or might not like it all when its done, a hell of a job lol

not at all, start monday, finish friday, all done (everything inc electrics) .never had a come back (touch wood):D :D

Pegleg Pete
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Mr G

Mr G? What have you done with Mrs G?! How does this amazing transformation occur. There are no obvious signs which is somewhat disconcerting.

ARE YOU IN THERE MRS G? Go towards the light. THE LIGHT!

P.S are you 'His Nibs'? What is this strange title you hold?

gremlin
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Mr G? What have you done with Mrs G?! How does this amazing transformation occur. There are no obvious signs which is somewhat disconcerting.

ARE YOU IN THERE MRS G? Go towards the light. THE LIGHT!

P.S are you 'His Nibs'? What is this strange title you hold?

fooknose, maybe its time i got my own login :chuckle: :chuckle:

BoozyBOB
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
if i may be so bold...as get back to the start of this post...
there have been a few here that fitted a MV F1 rear..looks good . and no pillion..:dizzy:

gremlin
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
That was the original inspiration I think, but he likes doing it the hard way! That tail is so pretty.
Oh and any posts after midnight are bound to be Mr G until he gets his own login, some of us need to sleep, although as he's on two Max chatrooms I think he's being very greedy coming on this one too!
And yes it is hard graft doing bathrooms but we have a pretty good reputation for doing a good job. We must be okay cos our customers use us for years and we end up doing each new house as they move.

Chris & Nean
10-05-2007, 12:10 PM
not at all, start monday, finish friday, all done (everything inc electrics) .never had a come back (touch wood):D :D

but pulling the poe off of its pipe aint nice is it. :on:

gremlin
10-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Nope but then he does that, tee hee! It's a buzz when it's all done and customer sends a thank you card though. Trouble is we're so dead after commuting down to London for a week and we're zombies for at least two weeks after as we get around 10 to 14 hours sleep in the week. The last job was near Portsmouth but we could stay where we were working so it helped.

Chris & Nean
10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I to have helped a top notch bathroom fitter occasionally in the past grem and I agree it is a buzz to see the job done right and the delight and pleasure on the customers face that follows, I’m abit awestruck at a his and her’s team plying the trade, fair doose m8. :thumbsup:

gremlin
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
And the funny thing is we never row! Together 24/7, okay he does go into prima donna mode occasionally and I just threaten to go home. I think he thinks I'd never do it but, I think if I was pushed I'd get back okay! We normally work around South London and there are plenty of tubes and trains. The problem would be this end where there aren't! I do get strange looks and I must admit when we have to use different plumbers merchants to our usual one, I get pretty much ignored, but I guess there still aren't many women in the trade. Not that I can do much really.
Anyway the tail unit is coming on nicely I now have the biggest candle I've ever seen! Will try to post pic!:D :D