PDA

View Full Version : Is this easy to fix?

Pegleg Pete
08-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Heres a little poser for you.

I have been offered this headlight fairing but as you can see it has a bit of damage to it.

If I buy it, would it be easy to smooth out this damage and does anyone have any bright ideas of a good way to do it? I will be painting it go on my m600 dark.

He has asked me to make him an offer on it. Can someone give me a sensible idea of how much I should wave at him.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c244/pete_uk1/cowlscrape.jpg

I shall also need the brackets. Does anyone here have a spare set?

Pete

Kato
08-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Absolute dodle to fix it up mate I recken £20-30 ought to buy it:) as long as it comes with all the fixings:spin:

Pegleg Pete
08-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Absolute dodle to fix it up mate I recken £20-30 ought to buy it:) as long as it comes with all the fixings:spin:

Doesn't come with the brackets unfortunately but I'm sure I can get them elsewhere.

Shall I offer him something erroneous like 26.75 including postage. I dont want him to laugh at me :rolleyes:

Kato
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
No bracketts and its worth a tenner at most pete:fou:

Pedro
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
What Kato said!

Pegleg Pete
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Cheers m'dears

CK & AK
09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
What Kato said!

yeah, wot he said

NattyBoy
09-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Ive got a couple of brand new ducati performance carbon ones - 2 different styles (no screens) for £40 each if your interested.

Im away now until saturday night - but pedros got my number if you need me..

Nat

gary tompkins
09-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I would check with dealers that you can get brackets on their own. They are normally sold as a complete kit + screen, and are very expensive - £170

banditloon
09-05-2007, 08:48 AM
No fixings... Never stopped me :chuckle: Cable ties and bolts usually work! Do they do carbon fibre cable ties?? ;)

£10 sounds good without fixings. Easy to fix though :thumbsup: Must sort the old Blandit screen out on the Monster. Needs repairing and sorting again, along with the headlight, seat cowl, footpeg hangers, handlebars, front brakes, wheels, petrol leak.............................................. ..........

Crash helmet :chuckle:

Pegleg Pete
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Right.

I have now bought this cowl.

Ended up paying 25 quid including P&P.

I hope it is being sent tomorrow so I am now quite wanting to get some brackets to fit it.

Anyone got a spare set I could Purchase?

Thankyouplease

Byron Kauffman
10-05-2007, 05:03 PM
You should be able to easily bend up a set of brackets. They should just be flat plate aluminum and the early style faring mounts to the top tripple clamp.
I made a set to mount the later faring to the early mount location without any problem. I made the forward mounts at the headlight bucket from parts sourced out of a BMW motorcycle shop nut and bolt bin.
Maybe someone on the forum can trace off cardbord pattern for you from their bike. Since my bike was a mix of old and new I cant help with that.
good luck.

Scotty
10-05-2007, 05:31 PM
carbon fibre cable ties are old hat these days what ya realy want are these ...

http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=FOL45150

Pegleg Pete
10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
You should be able to easily bend up a set of brackets. They should just be flat plate aluminum and the early style faring mounts to the top tripple clamp.
I made a set to mount the later faring to the early mount location without any problem. I made the forward mounts at the headlight bucket from parts sourced out of a BMW motorcycle shop nut and bolt bin.
Maybe someone on the forum can trace off cardbord pattern for you from their bike. Since my bike was a mix of old and new I cant help with that.
good luck.

Good advice, thanks.

top tripple clamp.

What is this?

Also, arent there two rubber pegs that the cowl fits over on the headlight bracket. Are these the bmw parts you mean? Does the headlight bracket need modyfying in any way?

I am still interested in a spare set of course in the meantime (next couple of days)

Plus any advice on how to actually fill and finish the damage to the headlight cowl itself would be good. Is there a recomended filler?

banditloon
10-05-2007, 06:11 PM
You talking about screens pete.. The bloody screen came off the Monster on the way home! Last time I am letting a G**er owner anywhere near my tools and bike, I tell thee!!!

carbon fibre cable ties are old hat these days what ya realy want are these ...

http://www.demontweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=FOL45150

Ooooo shiney :thumbsup: They'll look good holding the Blandit together ;)

Pegleg Pete
10-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I tell thee

I stand, told.

You should get an Audi windscreen to commemorate your evening and then invite your G**er owning friend to sit on the front wheel mudguard and hold it up for you as you ride around. He could wear those 'performance' cable ties as rings on his fingers.

DavidEJM
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Is it easy to get a replacement screen for the S2R fairing? and how much are they?