PDA

View Full Version : M1 heading North Jctn 46 ish

nambduke
08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
THANKS!! :thumbsdown:
To the 2 Monster riders who rode past me as I was stranded after a scary tyre deflation moment heading north up the M1. I was the guy all alone on the hard shoulder last Saturday 5th May at around 1.45ish around jctn 46 you rode past???

Like the guys on Sunday's ride out from Thirsk said "Hey, don't be so bitter nambduke"......all I said was "they probably weren't any of the Yorkshire crowd....if they were they should hang their heads in shame!!"

Thanks to those guys who were about to pull over that I waved on once I got sorted with the rescue services. But a real thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the elderly gentlemen on the white BMW RT who offered me his tin of tyre sealant just before the Green Flag recovery picked me up....just shows that there are some of the old school still around.

Maybe it's me, because if I see someone stranded on any motorbike, I at least acknowledge them to see if they need assistance.....

Home safely.........eventually!!
Mark Nambduke

gjfevans
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I can see its going to take a long time for you to get over this:chuckle:

nambduke
08-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I can see its going to take a long time for you to get over this:chuckle:

A long time!!!!!.....I am known not to hold grudges......but equally known to have a long memory!:on: !!! If I see those nasty people again, I'll..........:hissy: :Furious: :flamed:

Oh Yes!!! Revenge is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day,
Mark Nambduke

rockjock620
08-05-2007, 10:23 PM
mmmmm.......if they were making progress (?) and it's a motorway....they can't easily slow down and pull over legally can they? And they can't do a U turn. Don't be so hard on them, it would only add to any hazard caused. And if you're in Green Flag, what's the problem anyway?

gjfevans
08-05-2007, 10:50 PM
mmmmm.......if they were making progress (?) and it's a motorway....they can't easily slow down and pull over legally can they? And they can't do a U turn. Don't be so hard on them, it would only add to any hazard caused. And if you're in Green Flag, what's the problem anyway?
Dont get him started again:hissy:

nambduke
08-05-2007, 10:52 PM

gjfeveans was right...this is going to run for a while!!!:shocked:

Maybe they were just weren't observant or just had blinkers on!! Apart from the BMW RT guy who did stop very safely behind me in good time to offer some assistance - a real top man IMHO:thumbsup: !! - Bollards to the legally stop!......Obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to do a U turn or unnecessarily endanger themselves....but most of the bikers who pulled over to the left hand lane to 'acknowledge me' - Note: this is the clue - didn't stop either, but just wanted to make sure I was OK which is the least most bikers would do......an acknowledgement from me, a simple thumbs up shows something in my mind we care about stranded bikers.

:on: I warned you before you replied.........!!

Now as for the AA which I found out only covers my Saab and the breakdown emergency service who said I wasn't covered by Green Flag and then the little voice on the emergency phone beside the motorway hung up, meant I had a fraught period of time whilst trying to have a conversation on my mobile as the world flew past me within a few feet. I became even more concerned as it appeared I had limited battery time on my mobile which hightened my concern. Eventually, after contacting Green Flag headquarters who indeed confirmed my cover, I managed to calm down and wait for the recovery truck after about an hour on the hard shoulder. 4 plod vehicles flew past...none stopped.....the motorway service cop lookalikes drove past...again didn't stop, so no help there it seems......

Will you ride past the next stranded biker???? I won't because the next time I see a stranded biker....I'll stop as usual. I'll ask if they are ok or if they need help through courtesy and why.......because I'm a BIKER and proud of it:D

Rant over!! Honest!!!! God, I hope I don't see those Monster riders!!

Calm regards,
Mark Nambduke

nambduke
08-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Dont get him started again:hissy:

LOL;)

Mark Nambduke

gjfevans
08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Is there a therapist in the house?

nambduke
08-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Is there a therapist in the house?

Behave yourself, I enjoy fishing!;)

squiffything
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Mark I am like you if I thought somebody was in trouble I would pull over if only to check they had managed to call someone or just to see if they needed some go-juice it doesn't take long and I know I would want someone to do the same for me.

If ever your in the Newmarket area feel free to break down anytime and if I see ya i'll stop :)

nambduke
09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Mark I am like you if I thought somebody was in trouble I would pull over if only to check they had managed to call someone or just to see if they needed some go-juice it doesn't take long and I know I would want someone to do the same for me.

If ever your in the Newmarket area feel free to break down anytime and if I see ya i'll stop :)

Precisely! :thumbsup: And that's my point....it's a simple acknowledgement that a fellow biker is stranded......I look forward to breaking down in the Newmarket area!!;)

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

banditloon
09-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Precisely! :thumbsup: And that's my point....it's a simple acknowledgement that a fellow biker is stranded......I look forward to breaking down in the Newmarket area!!;)

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

I don't :chuckle:

Spent 2 hours in a layby on the A11 just outside Newmarket! Loads of bikes went past and didn't stop or aknowledge me. Blandit was packed up with camping gear, and I'm pushing the bloody thing to the nearest layby!! Finally (whilst giving up on any hope of being rescued!) a dude on an R1 stopped, we managed to sort the Blandit out between us.

Was I happy to be a biker that day in 2000.... NO!! :chuckle: I make sure I've either got some drink or ciggies for a stranded biker!

Amount of times I've had bikers stop when I'm just enjoying the view and smoking is quite funny though :chuckle:

"Are you ok mate?"
"Yes, I'm having a fag........ Want one?" :chuckle:

Interesting way to meet bikers :thumbsup: Just becareful of the axe welding ones ;)