PDA

View Full Version : MAY DAY RUN - BANK HOL MONDAY 7th

Lady-Bob
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Ok chaps.

Me and Dave and Adam from Bat Motorcycles are gonna pop down on the May Day run.

We will be meeting early at Locksbottom ((As near to the White Hart as poss)
around 8.30am with view to getting down to Hastings early and having brekkie whilst watching the bikes ride in - Rather than get caught up with the crazy people riding off en-mass from Locksbottom.

Gully mentioned he may be able to come - still ok Gully?

Anyone else wanna come with us is more than welcome - please just post up so I know who to look out for.

As for Brekkie at the Oakdene - you betcha - although have commitments in afternoon so won't be able to go for ride after brekkie.

Albie
03-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Too early for us.:D :D

Chaos
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
well i will be doing the may day but tis silly riding up to locks bottom from here will prob just cut across and make my way down :spin: and hope to make brekkie at oakdene so may see ya there x

Pegleg Pete
03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Not quite sure which way I'm coming down but will be coming from Alton direction - Once again I shall pose he question..Are any other Hampsters coming along because it would be nice to know which way and what time you are going?...I might not neccessarily want to be in amongst thousands of other riders and find a slightly more serene way down. Otherwise I should hope to bump into everyone once I arrive, or pick up some people en route so let me know where you will be and at what time etc..

Pete

J.P
03-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Sorry not for me, busy all weekend. I hope the weather stays good for you all.

gary tompkins
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll be visiting my dad in Wiltshire all weekend and won't get back until Monday afternoon. If you are planning on going down I'd advise avoiding the A21 all morning. That's unless you like the idea of 2 hours riding along at 10mph stuck in 1st gear and have a strong clutch hand ;)

I usually go mid morning taking a scenic route avoiding the run, and aim to get to Hastings before lunch. A bit of a potter to look at bikes, some scoff and then a ride home after it's thinned out a bit.

Sorted:thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy yourselves

singletrack
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Not quite sure which way I'm coming down but will be coming from Alton direction - Once again I shall pose he question..Are any other Hampsters coming along because it would be nice to know which way and what time you are going?...

Pete

Sorry Pete - I can't make it - I think most of the Hampsters find it difficult to get a whole day away from family and other commitments, especially on bank holiday weekends.
Have a good ride out, and take some photos so we know what we have missed. :D

scrapps
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi bob. me and james will be going monday but leaving the bay at 8:30 with some others. i will give yo a bell when we get there and arrange to meet..:D
This is dependant on the weather

MilesB
04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
...Oh no, this is the road to Hell!
If you are planning on going down I'd advise avoiding the A21 all morning. That's unless you like the idea of 2 hours riding along at 10mph stuck in 1st gear and have a strong clutch hand ;)

I usually go mid morning taking a scenic route avoiding the run, and aim to get to Hastings before lunch. A bit of a potter to look at bikes, some scoff and then a ride home after it's thinned out a bit.

Sorted:thumbsup:

I'd second that Gary.

Of course the forcast is for rain (first in a month) which should - hopefully - wash all the crud off of the road.

Miles

GULLY
05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok chaps.

Me and Dave and Adam from Bat Motorcycles are gonna pop down on the May Day run.

We will be meeting early at Locksbottom ((As near to the White Hart as poss)
around 8.30am with view to getting down to Hastings early and having brekkie whilst watching the bikes ride in - Rather than get caught up with the crazy people riding off en-mass from Locksbottom.

Gully mentioned he may be able to come - still ok Gully?

Anyone else wanna come with us is more than welcome - please just post up so I know who to look out for.

As for Brekkie at the Oakdene - you betcha - although have commitments in afternoon so won't be able to go for ride after brekkie.

Hi Bob
I think i going to get shot if i play on monday
sat all day on bike
sunday cafe
monday no chance.

hope you lot have fun:thumbsup:
see you sunday
gully

benson
06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Bob - long time no see - hope you're well my lovely!

Might be heading down but it depends whether I'm needed at work - will look out for you - can you PM me your monile number just in case I get there- would be nice to see you for a cuppa!!!
xxx

scrumpster
06-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry Pete but kids to look after and housework to do, plus forecast looks terrible and it's blowing a hooley out there already!!!