PDA

View Full Version : Help Desperately needed SSS conversion

RODUC
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Hi evey one doing a sss conversion on my M&%) 99 and I am in trouble !!!!
The rear wheel is centred , but my sprockets don't line up , the rear is 15mm( yes thats right!!! ) out to the left . was wondering if any one who has had this conversion done to a 2v motor would mind measuring the distances of there engine cases from centre join to left and the centre to right where the cases have been matched
Thankyou
Also can any one tell me on which side do the spacers mount go on between the engine and frame

P.S. i can email images directly to you as the are to large to attach here

SOOOOOOO NEEEED HELP!!!!!!! PLEEEEEAAASSSSSSSE

REGARDS RON "RODUC"

Zimbo
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Have you tried turning the front sprocket round so the teeth are outside and the boss on the inside? That's how ducati allow extra clearance for the wider wheel on the M900 . . .

RODUC
02-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't that put too much strain on the Drive arm at the front sprocket???

Bunny
02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Is it just that you're trying to fit a wider wheel than your engine was designed for ?
My SSS conversion bolted stright onto the machined crankcases of a 4v motor - sprockets lined up, but the 996 wheel and my old S4 wheel were the same width.

RODUC
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Can anyone give me the details for V-Tech or Viv as he seems the man to talk to!!!

But any if not all info would be appreciated .

CK & AK
02-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Same as on your thread 3 days ago? :confused:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=22324

Zimbo
02-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't that put too much strain on the Drive arm at the front sprocket???

All the 900 engines work well that way, so no.

RODUC
02-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks AK didn't notice thread last time.. Did you get my email is sent with pictures

RODUC
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Can't work out what to do with thread?

RODUC
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi everyone Here is a link to photos of what I've been up to any comments and info welcome

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17196&l=76bea&id=653165412

Regards RODUC

Julie
03-05-2007, 06:17 AM
looking great but why dont you get your frame powder coated before you put it all back together and the engine cases?

slob
03-05-2007, 06:20 AM
looking great but why dont you get your frame powder coated before you put it all back together and the engine cases?

Dry build first Julie. No point in painting everything nicely and then finding out you need to more welding, machining etc.

CK & AK
03-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks AK didn't notice thread last time.. Did you get my email is sent with pictures

No, sorry :(

RODUC
03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Well thanks for the interest it helps at this moment as I'm feeling down.
Don't know what to do ....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17196&l=76bea&id=653165412

Oh, AK looked at your site it's great but posted a link to my photos try this and i sent you another email hope you get this one any photos of yours would be great

And it makes perfect sense that the sprocket being out due to wider wheel didn't think of that(DAAA)!! IS there any ideas of mods to the front sprocket

Regards RODUC

Zimbo
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
And it makes perfect sense that the sprocket being out due to wider wheel didn't think of that(DAAA)!! IS there any ideas of mods to the front sprocket

Regards RODUC

I'm not familiar with the 750 but I'm willing to bet it's the same as the 600 as they use the same wheel rim and tyre.
If you remove the front sprocket and look at it in side profile you will see it's asymetrical - the teeth are aligned with one edge, being the inside edge (against the crankcase) and there is a boss extending from the toothed plate to the outside edge of the sprocket. The sprocket is retained on the splined shaft by means of a retaining plate, fixed to the sprocket by means of two small bolts.
The 900 uses a wider wheel rim and tyre, and it is thus necessary to space the chain away from the bike a little to create clearance for the tyre. this is done simply by installing the sprocket the other way around, with the raised boss facing inwards and the toothed flat face to the outside of the bike. No modifications are required.
Hope that's of some use to you!

CK & AK
03-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Wot Zimbo said ^ ^

dont know what email address you are send ing to but we dont have any messages from you.
Have taken a look at your pics tho on the link

AK

Julie
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Dry build first Julie. No point in painting everything nicely and then finding out you need to more welding, machining etc.

Ahhhhhhhhh I see - makes sence - thank you Rob

grunter
07-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Ak had from memory 32 mm milled off the engine casings to centrerear wheel
check out www.ukmonster.20m.com for some pictures of other works i have viv,s number if you need it 4v engines have the right distance and size to take sss