PDA

View Full Version : Odometer readings

David Matthews
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Folks, What a good website, have found out lots of useful info already. Picked up my S2r earlier this week, both the Owner's Manual and Warranty Booklet indicate that the Odometer shows km's rather than miles. Is this actually the case or an oversight in the literature?

scrumpster
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Everything seems to be in KPH, servicing periods etc etc I guess it's an Italian thing but the odometer should be in MPH - All I know is first service for mine was 600 miles and then every 6000 which at the rate I am going will be here before I know it!

David Matthews
04-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Everything seems to be in KPH, servicing periods etc etc I guess it's an Italian thing but the odometer should be in MPH - All I know is first service for mine was 600 miles and then every 6000 which at the rate I am going will be here before I know it!

Thanks for that, I'll be doing about 250 miles in one outing and don't want to be too far out for the 600 mile service. Very restricted use of the bike for the next couple of weeks!

scrumpster
04-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I had that problem, did my 600 miles in just over a week and couldn't use bike for a few days. Now done double that in 4 weeks :on:

Scotty
04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
i think you can swap from miles to Km's by staning on one leg with a finger in your ear pressing buttons and flicking swithces in the correct order

scrumpster
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
i think you can swap from miles to Km's by staning on one leg with a finger in your ear pressing buttons and flicking swithces in the correct order

It changes the writing in the book does it?? I'll give it a go then :p