PDA

View Full Version : sussex bike safe

S4Rs-Tone
01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
how beneficial would this be for a bab after passing test 2 years ago now with a 25 year lay off, also do you think a tiny plate and cored original cans could cause me some bother :D

bod
01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
No probs for me when I did it but it was in Yorkshire! Do search loads been mentioned about Bikesafe on here and legalty

Paivi
01-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Done it with the Met guys at the Ace. The bike has to be road legal, and that includes plates. Cans they're not that bothere about, but you can check this when you register. I'd put the original plate back.

It was a very valuable day, with about 3hrs spent with the Met's finest. I especially enjoyed when we hit town traffic and I started filtering. Had a good five-minute wait for the copper & my riding buddy to catch up and was wondering what was going on, surely the copper's not that bad at filtering, but it turned out that as he was filtering, a woman was trying to do a U-turn straight into him. She didn't see him, as she was on the phone, which she actually used as her defence and didn't think there was anything wrong with that.:banghead:

psychlist
02-05-2007, 06:22 AM
She didn't see him, as she was on the phone, which she actually used as her defence and didn't think there was anything wrong with that.:banghead: Some people :fou:

Do it Tone, you won't regret it, quite the oposite as they're very friendly and keen to see bikers get more "road-wise". You don't have to put everything back to standard as they're more interested in teaching you to be smooth and safe, but they are rather eagle eyed where small plates are concerned. If you have any doubts call Melnie Mouse, she's the local coordinator for West Sussex IAM bike group, and have a chat about it. Remember, we never stop learning ;)

Mand
02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I did it last year with Leicestershire Constabulary. It was a great day and I picked up some useful tips.

They are fantastic riders and look so smooth - a pleasure to follow them I can tell you!

I have a smaller than "usual plate" and 105db cans. The guys who I did it with were tut tutting because of my cans and the only thing the Police said was "Ducatis are supposed to sound like that!" when I fired up my bike. It also made my chest swell with pride when they were looking at my bike and admiring it instead of the GSXR's, Fazer's and CBRs that were doing it at the same time.

:D